Quantcast

<~.~>Walk in the woods Wednesday<~.~>

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Got in from the PNW at 2:00 this morning. I only got five hours of sleep but it was coma sleep. Back to the grind on this WFH day. My hamstring, which I pulled on the Ironman run Sunday, feels much better today, than God. It is nice to not be in pain and limping.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Supposed to rain all weekend on our long weekend getaway. Oh well, at least I won’t be getting bitched at about lead times.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Am here. Swapped over tires and latex tubes onto my TT bike last night. These tires are way tighter than the last ones and required tire levers which unfortunately popped a brand new latex tube. Patched fine with a regular tire patch though, so now I've got yet another useless life skill under my belt.

Would like to get out for a road ride today but storms may force me indoors. Usually today is TT night but storms and rain will probably close it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've had this ~25 years. It's how I learned about the AT's existence.
20230628_072702.jpg

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My parking view has gotten depressing. It used to be a nice grove of oak and pine trees that in the last week has been chopped and leveled. It's the last undeveloped section of this area, but it was nice while it lasted.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I've developed a weird affinity for tiki culture recently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki_culture It's such a weird phenomenon. Like absolutely pervasive 50 years ago and completely dead now. I'mma drag the kids to Kowloon this weekend or the next for shitty sweet chinese food, blue drinks, and fake waterfalls
While not as widespread as it once was, it most definitely is not dead by a long shot.

tiki.jpg

tikiti.jpg