Quantcast

<~.~>Walk in the woods Wednesday<~.~>

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not to mention, I'm not going to baby something that my MIL will just grind into a porcelain plate like a God damned bone saw as she hacks her way through one of my beautiful steaks.
That reminds me, @Toshi gave me some fancy steaks recently that I might have this coming weekend and we're running low on ketchup.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Does she insist that you cook it well-done? :busted: :rant:
Medium rare, but it wouldn't matter anyway, the knife abuse is a given regardless of temperature. Just like apple sauce will be put on pork, seasoning beyond a pinch of iodized salt is overkill, you know, all the things that make food a pleasure.

That reminds me, @Toshi gave me some fancy steaks recently that I might have this coming weekend and we're running low on ketchup.
You should try a ketchup/A1 blend instead. Really drown out any flavor from that steak.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

My parking view has gotten depressing. It used to be a nice grove of oak and pine trees that in the last week has been chopped and leveled. It's the last undeveloped section of this area, but it was nice while it lasted.
what's going up on the lot?

/me continues to work 4-10 pm from home today as is the case all this abbreviated week. shall do another near-zero-force spin on the Peloton at some point. for now, food.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
what's going up on the lot?
Not sure, this used to be all office space, but they built a couple hotels a while back. Not sure what they are currently building on the end. It's called "Alta" Amber Glen. This is the Amber Glen business park, so not sure what the Alta part is for.

Also wife just tested positive for COVID, nice. She had a fever all night and I joked about her having the 'rona. :panic:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went to Gunnison yesterday, fixed airplane, drove home. Crawled into bed when I was supposed to be getting up. It is now definitely espresso time. I think I'm off the next 11 days if my math is correct.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Had a second interview with a large seed/chemical company today. Left the ball in my court on what to do next. I’ve got some thinking to do.

Isla is so far being a great baby. Our older child was quite simple as well, but you never know what attitude they will have.

Pedaled for 20 min last night and my damn Achilles wasn’t happy. BIL who’s a PT doc says with continuing minimal use and ice it should get better. :popcorn:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wouldnt have figured your kids as the hirable type. More the, lended out for hard labor under the guise of character building sort.
When you drive a truck, someone in the family should be capable of labor. Does he make them sit in the bed like he picked them up for day labor?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
5 tons of gravel was delivered this morning at 7am, and 4.9 tons of gravel has been shoveled into place already.
BOOM!
That can't be at your place unless you're throwing it over the fence onto the highway?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So Madeira roads. God bless if you have a Fiat Panda and 4 people inside. 32% is not even the steepest I've seen. There is one road that supposedly sits at 45-50%.

stromo.jpg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
500K miles. Not bad.

That looks like it's going to be expensive.
Yep, really expensive. Getting a bandaid and moving on. Thing has been a giant piece of shit. There are lots of reasons folks want pre-emission trucks.

I average 5-6mpg with it. Neighbor with a pre emission truck is getting 9-10mpg. (That’s really fucking good for a semi not sure I believe it’s that good). But I still struggle to understand how burning more fuel but cleaner is better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not sure what they are currently building on the end. It's called "Alta" Amber Glen. This is the Amber Glen business park, so not sure what the Alta part is for.

More housing is good, especially near to transit. (And before y'all carp about "luxury", these people moved out from somewhere. More supply == more better.)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If anyone recalls me posting last year about my wife and I being out riding and seeing a driver deliberately run over two cyclists going in the other direction and fleeing the scene - that person took a plea deal this week and got a 20 year sentence (so probably 6ish years will get served)...

Better than nothing I suppose.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

More housing is good, especially near to transit. (And before y'all carp about "luxury", these people moved out from somewhere. More supply == more better.)
I thought the ones on the end looked like apartments. I will say they cleaned out the few campers that were in there.