Quantcast

(*)(*)(*)(*)(.)(*)Wangsday GMT (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Few more outside chores to do before the weekend dump of snow.

Planning on doing some kind of big dumb ride tomorrow, just not sure what.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
mmm man that first sip of espresso just now was so good. Maybe today will be a good day.

We has the horse trailer serviced by a mobile tech in preparation for our 5000 mile tow across the country and back. Glad we did, he found a chafed wire going to the electric trailer brakes and that the wheel bearing were not packed right, replaced some marker light that were out too. 2 hours $300 was more than worth it

Light schedule at work today for the win

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Post on RM more, it reduces the time spent having to do work during the day.
Yea, but being on RM more sets unrealistic social media expectations that because I'm on a bike website I should ride bikes. That kind of pressure is unbearable.

I just need a day or two during the work week where I can walk into the woods, trip over a log and just lay there quietly in the brush for 4-6 hours.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yo peoples.

Just got an offer on my next (and final) assignment in this job...looks like I am headed back to the Bay Area. Yay?

It will be good to be near some friends and family. Where to live is the obvious issue. Primary consideration above absolutely everything else is getting a good high school for the daughter, so we will be looking for a place where geography determines that vice some lottery system, and paying through the nose to live there. I mean, living in the ghetto with a private school is an option, too, but no options this far seem as good and idea.

I really want to live in Alameda, but the liquefication in an earthquake is kind of a major "whoa" factor. [ /Keanu]

North Bay also a slight possibility.

Walnut creek/Concord/Pleasant Hell the most likely option.

Best thing is a cousin in Davis has a ranch now so I can stash the Land Cruiser, motos, and tools for as long as I may need them. That's a huge relief.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:dead: :dead: :dead:

Ride night. 'tis raining, I should make sure the lights are charged.

I know we go through the same shit every year, but man this whole no sun thing at 8am and after 6pm really sucks. And its not even winter yet. :twitch:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yo peoples.

Just got an offer on my next (and final) assignment in this job...looks like I am headed back to the Bay Area. Yay?

It will be good to be near some friends and family. Where to live is the obvious issue. Primary consideration above absolutely everything else is getting a good high school for the daughter, so we will be looking for a place where geography determines that vice some lottery system, and paying through the nose to live there. I mean, living in the ghetto with a private school is an option, too, but no options this far seem as good and idea.

I really want to live in Alameda, but the liquefication in an earthquake is kind of a major "whoa" factor. [ /Keanu]

North Bay also a slight possibility.

Walnut creek/Concord/Pleasant Hell the most likely option.

Best thing is a cousin in Davis has a ranch now so I can stash the Land Cruiser, motos, and tools for as long as I may need them. That's a huge relief.
Well hell you will be damn close. Look at Livermore, schools are good, Moto Park on the edge of town, Huge off road moto area less than an hour. 2 fishing lakes, reasonable Mt Biking, good restaurants.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day.

The end of season awards ceremony was last night. Haley got a plaque, which surprised us.
IMG_20231025_074455.jpg

Given she missed 3 of 8 and had a mechanical on one race, overall placement isn't surprising. I'll she how she wants to define her goals for next year, but top-5 would be inline with her normal.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Well hell you will be damn close. Look at Livermore, schools are good, Moto Park on the edge of town, Huge off road moto area less than an hour. 2 fishing lakes, reasonable Mt Biking, good restaurants.
Thanks man, too big of a commute to downtown SF where the office is, though ...?

BART makes for a great commute as do some of th ferries, though.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You lost everybody at Livermore. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
True. But night riding in the parks is legal and the Santa Cruz mountains are only an hours drive to rad trails in the redwoods and the Sierras are only 2 hours away. Plus we have 65 wineries, 20 brew pubs, and a distillery.
You know who else has that? Sonoma.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I get to run my backhoe today, prepping my road approach at the top of the driveway. Always a good day when I get on backhoe sticks.

Otherwise it's a cold and rainy day. Tonight is supposed to be the season ender frost event. Damn it!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And the 101 Golden Gate nightmare commute
It's ~1hr. If the company will pay for parking, driving isn't so bad. You can also drive to Larkspur ferry for a combined 1.5hr, with 30min on the ferry and cheaper parking, or Vallejo for 30min driving and 1hr on the ferry, also a cheaper option. Both allow for getting work done on both directions of the commute, allowing for less time in office.