Quantcast

(*)(*)(*)(*)(.)(*)Wangsday GMT (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Broke some shit on Combine #1 last night. Old fart is running combine #2 today. I should go work on it, whole work thing. Although all the farmers I’m trying to find seem to be doing the same thing I should be doing.

Mrs has been dropping kid off in the morning now. Kid rides the bus for an hour 10 and the school is 3 min from our house. I’m pretty against her not riding the bus, but it’s faster at this point for us to drop her off. . .

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's ~1hr. If the company will pay for parking, driving isn't so bad. You can also drive to Larkspur ferry for a combined 1.5hr, with 30min on the ferry and cheaper parking, or Vallejo for 30min driving and 1hr on the ferry, also a cheaper option. Both allow for getting work done on both directions of the commute, allowing for less time in office.
I drove from San Quentin up to Cloverdale during the evening commute this summer No thanks 101 is the pits. Supposedly there is a train that now goes to the Larkspur Ferry from north of Santa Rosa. Yeah I rather live in Sonoma but getting into SF from here is easy. Pleasanton Bart is 10 minutes by car or 20 by bike and then its a direct train into SF.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sure enough, got canned, again. 5th time in my like 17 year career. Decent severance but I've gotta find another job. Got some time to ride bikes though!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
oof. had plans for a big ride today. my gastrointestinal tract had other...ideas.

similar happened last year after getting my covid booster and flu shot at the same time.

so! taking care of...stuff...around the house today.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
FTS is pretty high today. Office work is frustrating and it is absolutely pissing outside. Guess I’ll wonder around the shop and find something to “fix.”

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
what comes after this?

/me rode in. still not fully awake.
Well, can retire in late 2026. Need to have stability for kiddo high school thru 2028. So I would anticipate retiring and getting a real job at a real bay area salary...that plus my retirement annuity would make life a lot easier.

As it is, there is a huge cost of living differential adjustment for the Bay Area, but I won't get it...since I am already at the max statutory salary permitted, I will be stuck making the same as before, and it's not a lot for that area. It's not starvation or anything, but it's not fuck you I live where I want kind of money.

Once I get around $90k in retirement per annum (with cheap health insurance continued) PLUS an area-competitive salary, I will be a lot more settled.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sure enough, got canned, again. 5th time in my like 17 year career. Decent severance but I've gotta find another job. Got some time to ride bikes though!
must be the theme of the day. just found out that both my manager AND my direct report were let go. 2 others in my department as well.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sorry to hear the shitty news about un-hirings, too. Boo on that.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Boo!!! I hope you find a new gig soon! You are in molbiol research, or? Are you hired on grant money?