Quantcast

wc schladming thread

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
well, I'm glad it's not just me. Freecaster, or whoever is at fault for this, needs to get it together. The only way this is ever going to work is if the feeds are uninterrupted and the viewing numbers continue to grow beyond the core group.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
They need to give up hosting it themselves and just output the live stream to a site that can cope with the bandwidth and relay it on, something like http://www.stickam.com/

(that site will allow 1000 concurrent viewers for $79 a month. I can only assume there's similar sites out there that would support 10,000 or 100,000 for a bit more).

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Going from page not even loading to a flawless stream is odd. I wonder if that's a byproduct of people saying "**** this" and going out, or if they literally tripped over a cable or something :D

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Why even have commentators if they aren't going to commentate? If the riders are in the finals then they should provide commentary on them top to bottom. :think:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
If whoever ended up 4th just rode over (like any guy would have done :D) whoever finished 3rd that crashed on the grass, then she would have finished 2nd, instead of 4th!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Couple of very strong finals for the men, gonna be hard for Dan to pull it off!

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
I bet she's taking it well.
It always seemed to me (from watching the vids) that jill is really hard on herself or expects the best. What i mean is her body language is really easy to read when she is disappointed with a run. Whereas some riders don't seem to express that as openly.