Quantcast

wc schladming thread

klamsi

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
Anyone flying via Salzburg heading to Schladming wed morning.
Im looking for a lift or split rental. Or any other suggestions?
Train will be an alternative?
Just with Bus number 2 (the busstation is in front of the airport) to the mainstation (you can´t fail theres a building lot at the moment).
Then with the train to Schladming.

Hope you´ll find someone.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
There are tracks that don't suit him?
Well he has worse results on it than on the power tracks. Why when I always use that term people go "duuuuh he's not worse than me on that track so it still suits him, if you rrrr good you feel the same on all the trakzorz".

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Just watched the helmet cam of it. I think I would get myself in serious trouble trying to ride/race that track. I don't think I've ever ridden something catered to going that fast that easily in my life. I'd probably be doing a human javelin move between some trees at about 50 within the first minute of the course.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know it's a bit off topic but is the top half of the track (the non WC) Open at that time or if I'd want to ride a bike the day before I must visit wagrain?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm gonna pretend it's a flat pedal revolution and just go:

1. Kovarik (Viking)
2. Rennie (Wren-waugh)
3. Hill (Kobeyashi)
4. Blenkinsop (Boost)
5. Gwin (Bigfoot)

Wrestler monikers are guh nar!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
That helmet cam makes it look pretty steep. Is it as steep as Bromont middle section?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'd like to see either Gee Win with Peat doing enough to take the overall, or for Sam to win by a massive margin.

Or Gwin, would be sweet if he could get his first win in only his 2nd season!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
That helmet cam makes it look pretty steep. Is it as steep as Bromont middle section?
just got back from a quick stroll of the track.... the new woods this year are ridiculously steep and full of roots (pics in a bit). they are wet but looks like there are good lines if you can keep the flow and is taped super wide in spots so there will be some big lines showing up i am sure.

the top is pretty much the same as last year, the new woods are way longer, and they brought back the big S-turns in the open bottom part... kind of a combination of last year and the year before.

the whole thing is wet but not muddy... hero dirt in spots, slick in others, and it will probably stay this way all week as they are calling for rain on and off.

edit: to answer a few other questions

yes... the woods and open bottom section are steeper than anything at bromont.

I stole Lee's go-pro so should be able to get a good POV angle of the track once practice starts.

and somehow we fit 2 DH bikes 3 gear bags, a stack of tires, misc luggage and 3 people into a midsize 4 door for the drive from Munich... it was tight

Last edited:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
The new (old, i think it was the same at the 2007 WC race) wood section after the step up is super fun to ride....

Can't wait to see how the top guys rip this section apart:thumb:

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
ugh I can't stand sam hill... peaty or greg better take it.
Do you guys know what time this will be airing on freecaster.tv for pacific time zone?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
For all the punks who think skinsuits look bad, fück off! Look at those pics and say that Palmer looks any less bad ass in a skin suit than moto gear, and this is ten year on now!

Those pics there are some of my favorites in mtb history. They sum up the agony & determination that is DH racing.

-ska todd

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
For all the punks who think skinsuits look bad, fück off! Look at those pics and say that Palmer looks any less bad ass in a skin suit than moto gear, and this is ten year on now!

Those pics there are some of my favorites in mtb history. They sum up the agony & determination that is DH racing.

-ska todd
Palmer would look badass in a bunny costume floating in a swimming pool . . . oh wait, that was '98 worlds.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006

-ska todd
couldnt agree more!!!