Quantcast

wc schladming thread

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
The chest cam looks SO much better. Helmet cams suck ass. Please can you guys buy some more HD cams for next year - occasionally you put something up in HD and it's such an improvement, it's a real shame you don't do all of your stuff that way :(

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
I've posted this up a bunch: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3198229&postcount=25

my leatt brace helps hold the mount in place to stop it from shaking. Dave doesn't use one, but it still looks pretty stable. not sure if he strapped it down somehow of just tightened the heck out of the harness.
Yes I read that, it was helpful, I mount the chesty upside down so you can angle it up as far as you want, then rotate in post. Trouble is different guys have different riding positions, there is a mark where the best angle is but we always rush stuff, and who ever I grab at the last minute to do a run usually adjusts it themselves at the start!

I'll get it all dialled in for next season.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yes I read that, it was helpful, I mount the chesty upside down so you can angle it up as far as you want, then rotate in post. Trouble is different guys have different riding positions, there is a mark where the best angle is but we always rush stuff, and who ever I grab at the last minute to do a run usually adjusts it themselves at the start!

I'll get it all dialled in for next season.
re-posting that link wasn't directed at you guys. the dirt vids look great, especially considering you don't get to do a bunch of test runs to get it dialed. Figured it was mounted upside down for simplicity and a maybe a different angle. That link is to the South Africa helmet cam thread back in April when a everyone was still trying to get the chest mount dialed in. i'm just too lazy to re-type it every time someone inquires about the set-up so I just link to that old thread. aplologies if it came accross as anything else, and i re-edited the original post to get rid of the direct dirtmag reference so it's not taken out of context.

edit: Just watched Ben Ried's vid; looks mint. so fast and rough!

Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Just watched Ben Ried's vid; looks mint. so fast and rough!
yeah... by the end of practice and the top 80 timed practice all the lines were setting up and the mud pushed out so there is hard dirt for the tires to grab.

of course with that came huge holes and massive breaking bumps. it looks more like a moto track than a DH track in spots.

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
So no Rennie on startlist? Track looks really rough. I remember how huge the brake bumps were in 2004 when i raced. So hard! I'll check it on Saturday as I am coming to Schladming...only a 180 min ride ;)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Everyone put in some speedy thoughts for US rider Andrew Cavaletto. This is his World Cup debut. Hes a pretty quick rider from Scotts Valley CA. Hope he qualifies!

He got 62nd with a crash at the US Nationals.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Wow Peaty looks unbelievably collected and yet absolutely pinned already in the Dirt Day 1 Vid. And holy crap those open roost shots are sick!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
That Dirt vid was one of the best all season...and that was just day one of practice!! Huge whips, guys riding over their heads, epic saves...damned, race day will go off huge.

-ska todd

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
Hadley is Nic Hadley with Go-Ride out of Utah, he can rip in the rocks and mud, it will be racing as a Junior, it will be good to see how he does versus the locals.

Stachenfield is Amoto from the SF Bay Area. I think he is with SC All Ride Academy, he has been a solid rider coming up through the ranks.