Quantcast

^^^^We D Nesd Ayyyy

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I need to trim my hedges as they are taking over the entrance and sidewalk outside. However I also need to get to the gym. At least I have purchased a new fancy battery driven hedge trimmer that will make it easier to do the job.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
After 3hrs sleep I was hoping I'd get some dumb dumb work today, instead I got a puzzle from Germany, work out the sequence to remove 5 hydraulic cylinders and all the covers that go with them in the least possible number of moves.
I hate over complicated German shit so fucking much, why can't they just be like everyone else and be happy with being average?
Nope, they can make something 10% more compact and 200% harder to work on, so they will.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Also have been trying to hunt down a new sub for my boss's work vehicle, he has managed to damage the Sundown sub that's in there now. The box took me ages to make so I want to find something similar that will fit, should be able to slap a Digital Designs sub in and an external port under the passenger's sea to get way lower bassesesesezzzz.
1654691296986.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm amazed that itunes seems to request me to reset my password about every six months....that or it forgets my password....or it tells me i am logging in from a different device when the only device i have been logging in from is the same laptop for the last two years....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my rei visa cockblocked me from picking up a leica q2 that some guy in germany was selling for the insane low price of 950.00 the other night....

they go from 4900.00 to practically retail price used...

opportunity to make a 3-4 grand reselling....lost...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Would anyone be interested in my Garmin Fenix 5x Plus Sapphire in excellent condition? Still have the box and a bunch of accessories?

Only looking to sell to get a 7X Pro Solar as it has a few features I always wished mine had. I get a decent discount from work benefits, but at $1,000 it's hard to justify getting it unless I have a buyer for this one to help offset the price tag.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Time to take my morning dose of Paxlovid and renew that metallic taste in my mouth

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hello all

Time to take my morning dose of Paxlovid and renew that metallic taste in my mouth
interesting........and you have been boosted also...

is it worse than licking the end of a battery...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

In the office for a clinical demonstration. Boo. Otherwise, I have the pleasure of going home and laying tile, so I lose either way.

Would anyone be interested in my Garmin Fenix 5x Plus Sapphire in excellent condition? Still have the box and a bunch of accessories?

Only looking to sell to get a 7X Pro Solar as it has a few features I always wished mine had. I get a decent discount from work benefits, but at $1,000 it's hard to justify getting it unless I have a buyer for this one to help offset the price tag.
Damn B, thats like mountain house in Tabernash levels of fancy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my rei visa cockblocked me from picking up a leica q2 that some guy in germany was selling for the insane low price of 950.00 the other night....

they go from 4900.00 to practically retail price used...

opportunity to make a 3-4 grand reselling....lost...
at that price it could have been a counterfeit / hot item. maybe they did you a favor.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
at that price it could have been a counterfeit / hot item. maybe they did you a favor.
i called the card and got fraud prevention...they were wondering why someone was trying buy something from germany at 3 oclock in the morning on a card that has not seen any use in 2 years...

thwarted by insomnia...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I need to trim my hedges as they are taking over the entrance and sidewalk outside. However I also need to get to the gym. At least I have purchased a new fancy battery driven hedge trimmer that will make it easier to do the job.
Just FYI: because of birds potentially nesting in it, you should not trim hedges until at least the end of the month.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Tape weights to hedge trimmer and get to work! Trim hedge for 2 minutes - do standing jump squats for 2 minutes. There's a million ways to turn hedge trimming into a full body, cardiovascular workout.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Haley is on the fence on a kart, but leaning towards one. After last night and the push she's getting from other kids, she thinks she wants one. She's still concerned about how Mom is going to react if she asks for one. Wants to "build her skills some more" at K1, but there's not much left she can do there, as she's at threshold for Jr karts - her next target is track record, which is .5sec away.

We talked more about it on the way to camp this am. This year would be all about local races and learning. Just races in Denver-metro; no Grand Junction or travel races. No nationals if she were to qualify. Just learning. I have a support structure from parents who have volunteered to get me up to speed on kart maintenance. She has a support structure from other racers to help socially and building upon each other.

She wants to chew on it more, but I think she's going that way. After next month I think she'll know what she wants to do. Wifey was a bit taken back by how dominant she was and how much support she was getting. That she was hanging out with the top kids in teen and getting coaching from them, and actively listening, which she never does. And how much push parents were coming with to get her into gas karts. We shall see...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here.

Haley is on the fence on a kart, but leaning towards one. After last night and the push she's getting from other kids, she thinks she wants one. She's still concerned about how Mom is going to react if she asks for one. Wants to "build her skills some more" at K1, but there's not much left she can do there, as she's at threshold for Jr karts - her next target is track record, which is .5sec away.

We talked more about it on the way to camp this am. This year would be all about local races and learning. Just races in Denver-metro; no Grand Junction or travel races. No nationals if she were to qualify. Just learning. I have a support structure from parents who have volunteered to get me up to speed on kart maintenance. She has a support structure from other racers to help socially and building upon each other.

She wants to chew on it more, but I think she's going that way. After next month I think she'll know what she wants to do. Wifey was a bit taken back by how dominant she was and how much support she was getting. That she was hanging out with the top kids in teen and getting coaching from them, and actively listening, which she never does. And how much push parents were coming with to get her into gas karts. We shall see...
silly question....or questions...gas kart...electric....might have asked before?

how quickly will she outgrow a kart....she a wookie like you?

have fun with it....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Here.

This is going to be a tremendous time sink with no clear exit plan/endgame.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
silly question....or questions...gas kart...electric....might have asked before?

how quickly will she outgrow a kart....she a wookie like you?

have fun with it....
Gas. Indoor is electric.

As for outgrowing, hopefully probably not for a while. We would be putting her into Junior's (9-13) vs Cadet's (7-11), so starting in a category for an older bracket of kids. Correspondingly, the karts are larger. Seats come in multiple sizes, so we would just adjust that as she gets bigger. The category itself is largely defined by the motor, then karts are equalized with weights. So even if she's in a larger kart, she'll still be weight equalized for competition.