Quantcast

+ Wed nes day +

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Up at 5:20. The show grounds do not have a dump station so the guys that pump out the portapotties also empty the RVs. They had never seen a truck camper before so I had to sho them the valves a fittings. 8:20 am and I have already walked 3.5 miles. I am averaging 11 miles a day since we got here last Friday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First day of third grade. Parents in no mask to kids who haven't seen each other since winter break: "MAINTAIN DISTANCE!"
Me: :shocked:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Last night I discovered that the grippy bits on the tips of the fingers and thumbs on my gloves turn to ice when wet. Making this discovery on a loose, rocky downhill while trying to activate my dropper post feels something akin to what I imagine the morning after a vasectomy would feel like. :dead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last night I discovered that the grippy bits on the tips of the fingers and thumbs on my gloves turn to ice when wet. Making this discovery on a loose, rocky downhill while trying to activate my dropper post feels something akin to what I imagine the morning after a vasectomy would feel like. :dead:
no bueno.

also, i'm digging the lucky holler.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Today my office is the cab of an excavator. Time to do work!

Saw perhaps the hairiest human Ive ever witnessed yesterday. Thought he was black from 10', but it was only once I got closer (he was on road bike, I was approaching from behind) that I realized the magnitude of the fur adorning his body.

Oh, and for @eric strt6 , first time shooting this year. Grouping from 20 yards.

IMG_20200818_115017.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My shoulder seemed to stop hurting yesterday so tomorrow I shall resume the activities that injured it. Imma just gonna assume my doctor will approve.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Pretty sure I saw a juvenile coyote on last night’s hike. Was reddish grey and too big to be a cat. Too fat to be a fox and definitely not a raccoon. I’ve seen their fur covered scat on the trail before and there have been several missing dog posters recently.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty sure I saw a juvenile coyote on last night’s hike. Was reddish grey and too big to be a cat. Too fat to be a fox and definitely not a raccoon. I’ve seen their fur covered scat on the trail before and there have been several missing dog posters recently.
Not much gets the blood flowing like hearing a pack of them (or anything) while riding at night, a lone, in the pitch black.

I think this was last year...nope'd right out of there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
People in my neighborhood have posted videos of them trotting around with neighborhood cats in their mouths.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
People in my neighborhood have posted videos of them trotting around with neighborhood cats in their mouths.
People around here do the same, except they are sans cats. Its like the concept of there being coyotes in our midst is mindblowing and a major cause for concern.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
People around here do the same, except they are sans cats. Its like the concept of there being coyotes in our midst is mindblowing and a major cause for concern.
Oh, I am sure my neighbors feel the same way. I just LOL and hope the next one is the cat that pisses on my car.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Do you ride here @StiHacka ?

Once in a full moon. It has been a while since I went the last time.
Yeah, we got coyotes - I saw a large coywolf on our trails not a long time ago, we got foxes, we got fishercats. Cats here need to be true survivors.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have had cats here for four decades, may have lost two to predators...
Many city cats only see dogs and other animals on leashes and have no understanding that things may try to kill them. I suspect many cats around here taken by coyotes probably rubbed up against them first.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just ordered a little 5000 btu air conditioner for my bro-shed.
first time I have ever owned an AC...
in other news, Nikki Sixx just moved here, I saw him in line at ace hardware. He is driving a white Rolls Royce.
total stealth-wealth.