Quantcast

****Wednesday Derp Day GMT****

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It feels like only 6 1/2 hours since I was last sat at this computer...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a new coffee shop opened in the town i live in a few weeks back. i finally got around to stopping in. they fresh roast every morning. the coffee is absolutely FANTASTIC. :drool:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
le tired.
Met up with the 6th's for tacos last night. Fun time, lotsa laughs.
That said, had two drinks and slept like it. This will be a long day.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Man-boob dressing changed tonight. There was almost 3' of packing in the wound, not the 2' I estimated. More packing went in, but only about a foot. EMT on staff was there again (this was a different Dr) detailing how nasty it was to the Dr vs what it is now and she was kind of wide-eyed at his ddescription. The Urgent Care Dr told me to get to a general surgeon this week to see if they can figure out if there is more shit deep in that was missed.

It just keeps getting better...
hopefully your chesticle situation improves

car is in the shop, have loaner. basically the same car, like the interior tho
ohohohohohohohohohohoh

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Since me & the lady are both doing this kitchari thing together, we both woke up in a thick cloud of farts, that smelled like hing, cumin & ghee.
nothing a smudge of palo santo & a stick of nag champa couldn't fix tho.

chowing down on some steel cut oats & honey now. so tasty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Since me & the lady are both doing this kitchari thing together, we both woke up in a thick cloud of farts, that smelled like hing, cumin & ghee.
nothing a smudge of palo santo & a stick of nag champa couldn't fix tho.

chowing down on some steel cut oats & honey now. so tasty.
How can a fart smell like butter (ghee)?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Somewhat dissatisfying rehearsal last night, a combination of the repertoire, personal (un)preparedness, and the general chaos that the first rehearsal of a concert cycle entails.

But life is still good nonetheless.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How can a fart smell like butter (ghee)?
C'mover and see. :brows:
kind butter with a little tanginess to it, almost rancid like, but sweeter.
Think Indian leftovers, left in the work fridge for a week or so then opened for the first time.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Back at work. Nice ride in under cool, clear skies. Kid woke up in a good mood and went off to school without a fight. Flight home yesterday was pretty uneventful. Arizona is a beautiful place. Those mountains that surround Phoenix (well, Scottsdale is what I saw) are beautiful. Man, I wish I could go there more often...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AKD4eMBFTJfWYjhaA
(sidebar question: I have a Pixel phone. fucking google transforms pano photos to a VR photo, which can't be embedded in posts here... I tried downloading the photo to my computer and removing "pano" and ".vr" from the file name, and uploading them back to google photos, but it doesn't work. Still comes up as a photo sphere document, which we can't embed. fucking google, making things too fancy. KISS must be applicable to software engineering too... ffs)

Also, going back to an old post:
The lizards sure are doing a number on our heads. I regularly catch myself daydreaming about wagon wheels too.

FFS, I had to buy a whole new bike just a year and a half ago because I couldn't upgrade just my frame because I was on an "obsolete" wheel size. I went to 650b because there weren't really any wagon wheelers I was interested in at the time. Now, there's a whole slew of wagon wheelers I'd be happy to ride, but once again, in order to do that, I'd have to sell my bike with an "obsolete" wheel size. effem I say, I'm happy with what I have now. I just need to check my head on the regular and remind myself of it.

sheesh.
case in point: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-forbiddens-druid-high-pivot-trail-bike.html that bike looks super interesting.

would be even cooler if GG made it for them.
upload_2019-4-3_11-2-23.png

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Think Indian leftovers, left in the work fridge for a week or so then opened for the first time.
if you can see your farts, then you got problems.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Seriously though. I have ghee with ~50% of what I eat and my ass doesn't smell like ghee.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
FWIW - I generally keep mine at 102 in the winter and lower it down to 90 or so in the summer.
my wife and i have a "difference of opinion" no how hot it should be kept. i like it hotter. i poke fun of her that she doesn't want a "hot" tub, just a "luke warm" tub.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my wife and i have a "difference of opinion" no how hot it should be kept. i like it hotter. i poke fun of her that she doesn't want a "hot" tub, just a "luke warm" tub.
At either temperature it's likely a great petri dish

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dude tell me about it. I can't switch because the lizards killed my wheels (142mm, 20mm front). So it will be a long time before I buy anybody's new frame.
i'm at the point i've held out long enough that i'm gonna come due for something "all new". or something like that.

then again, i just about a 27.5 fork to run on my megatrail but am gonna use 26" wheels on it. a2c is only 5mm taller than what i'm currently running, but the offset is 3mm longer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i'm at the point i've held out long enough that i'm gonna come due for something "all new". or something like that.

then again, i just about a 27.5 fork to run on my megatrail but am gonna use 26" wheels on it. a2c is only 5mm taller than what i'm currently running, but the offset is 3mm longer.
that's the case with my road bike. discs hit that field hard and fast and now there's random shit like flat mounts and 12mm front through axles to deal with. I'm on QR with IS brakes, so I'm gonna have a bad time. Was thinking about upgrading my frame but looks like that's out too!