Quantcast

*~*~*Wednesday GMT*~*~*~

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
No good mornings yet?? Are ya'll still asleep, or what??

I survived my first night/group ski!!! YAY! I banged up my right knee pretty badly. I don't even remember really doing it, but I fell like a dozen times, and now my knee is all black & blue & purple, so it must've been during one of the falls! But hey, other than that, I did pretty well. :biggrin: It was fuuunnnnnn! I can't wait until there's a clear sky & a full moon. That will be awesome. It was pretty cool last night just with a half-moon.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'm going skiing after work!

at Old Chicago last night (home of 110 beers), Deb asks the waiter if he could recomend her an amber, and he said to try the "Boulder Planet Porter" :twitch:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Stressful day of work yesterday. Hopefully today will ease up a bit. I had to wear a suit today though. :plthumbsdown: This suit fit better when I was 10 pounds lighter.

I went to use a mens room stall this morning and someone had left the sports section in there. Today is already starting off good. :)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
G'morning. Not much to report, getting ready for holiday time off!
Work decided they are going to let me work out of Philadelphia for a while so I can actually live at home with my family during the week like normal people. Better than a bonus..
Other than that..

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. did a Dr.'s visit yesterday and ran into our midwife who helped birth our boy, that was very, very cool. Did some shopping afterward during the height of the traffic home, which the boy was not so keen on....Picked up the new issue of Decline with a very nice spread on the Whiteface 5K DH race...was nice to see that mountain and some local rippers like Geoff Ulmer getting some national press!

Later.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. quiet night last night. Ordered some pizza, played with the kids. Spin class tonight. They've been getting progressively harder so I'm sure tonight will kick my ass! Oh, and firmed up my final sponsorship for the 2008 race season last night. I'll be riding for Chumba Racing (formerly known as Chumba Wumba) in 2008. Will be on their new F5 DH frame. I'm stoked!! :thumb: :thumb:

Have a good humpday people! :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. quiet night last night. Ordered some pizza, played with the kids. Spin class tonight. They've been getting progressively harder so I'm sure tonight will kick my ass! Oh, and firmed up my final sponsorship for the 2008 race season last night. I'll be riding for Chumba Racing (formerly known as Chumba Wumba) in 2008. Will be on their new F5 DH frame. I'm stoked!! :thumb: :thumb:

FTW will be sorely dissapointed...:disgust1: HAHA! Nice job, Tigg! Congrats!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

Gongrats Tigg! How'd you get connected with Chumba? They seem to be in a renaissance of sorts with their frames. You will certainly stand apart from the majority of the DH bikes on the East Coast methinks. Wicked cool. :thumb:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Finished up my Christmas shopping last night. I'm going snowshoeing tonight, got my flask topped up with bourbon, fresh batteries for my head lamp, we're ready to go.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Gongrats Tigg! How'd you get connected with Chumba? They seem to be in a renaissance of sorts with their frames. You will certainly stand apart from the majority of the DH bikes on the East Coast methinks. Wicked cool. :thumb:
Our team manager (Batts65 on here) hooked up with Chumba's owner at interbike and one thing led to another. A few emails/phone calls later I was in. :monkeydance:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Our team manager (Batts65 on here) hooked up with Chumba's owner at interbike and one thing led to another. A few emails/phone calls later I was in. :monkeydance:

Sweet - just don't go getting one of those EVOs okay. Those things look like you'd need a step ladder to even throw a leg over one. Their other bikes look damned nice though. :clapping:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Finally got here......another busy morning. It's our last day here at work until the 2nd of Jan, so there's lots of little things to take care of before we're able to skeedaddle. We just had our employee breakfast...and gave a 10-year anniversary gold watch to one of our long term employees. Another 2 years,m and I'll be sporting one of those as well......<gulp>

I was planning on getting all of my shopping done this evening, but I remembered it's Wednesday night--and that means dirt jumping at Nice Guy Mikes.....so I'll just have to squeeze it in tomorrow. :imstupid:

Mudgirl.....sorry about the knee, but it sounds like you had fun and maybe next time will be much smoother!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm just busting Jim's chops cause he rides like a hack. :busted: The R9 is a damn nice bike as well! :thumb:

Truthfully, I felt like a hack for most of the summer on that bike until I moved the shock setting to the middle. I had a hard time turning in the plow setting + the '07 geometry (1degree or 2 slacker than '06). I feel much better now! I also felt that the Nevegals really needed to be leaned over to get decent traction IMHO. Think I'm a Maxxis boy again!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning all. I'm kind of freaking out today. After two years of searching, I was finally offered a job yesterday. Today I'm supposed to talk with the VP to negotiate the salary and all that good stuff. I've been frantically searching to figure out what I'm worth. If they think I'm worth in the neighborhood of what I think I'm worth, looks like we're packing up and moving to Ohio in February. I'm not real keen on Ohio, but it has to be infinitely better than being stuck in Maryland. Although Ohio is flat as a pancake, it seems that it is about the same distance to places like Snowshoe and Wisp as where I am now with out the added annoyance of DC/Baltimore traffic. That's a huge bonus in and of itself. Wish me luck!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning all. I'm kind of freaking out today. After two years of searching, I was finally offered a job yesterday. Today I'm supposed to talk with the VP to negotiate the salary and all that good stuff. I've been frantically searching to figure out what I'm worth. If they think I'm worth in the neighborhood of what I think I'm worth, looks like we're packing up and moving to Ohio in February. I'm not real keen on Ohio, but it has to be infinitely better than being stuck in Maryland. Although Ohio is flat as a pancake, it seems that it is about the same distance to places like Snowshoe and Wisp as where I am now with out the added annoyance of DC/Baltimore traffic. That's a huge bonus in and of itself. Wish me luck!
What part of Ohio?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Luck!!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good luck Dave!

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005

Good luck.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dayton, they's got aeroplanes there which need a good sciencing.
I spent a lot of time working in Dayton in the 90's. I can't say many good things about the area, but my experience was limited to the worlds crappiest factory filled with horrible people in a crappy part of town. The airforce museum up there is awesome and cost of living should be nice, especially compared to DC.
Good luck :thumb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I spent a lot of time working in Dayton in the 90's. I can't say many good things about the area, but my experience was limited to the worlds crappiest factory filled with horrible people in a crappy part of town. The airforce museum up there is awesome though.
Sounds fun. Where do I sign up? I've still got to figure out all that "where to live" stuff. I understand that Dayton isn't exactly low crime and some places are worse than others. I guess I have a month or two to figure it all out. :twitch:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Dress rehearsals today for my final round of concerts. The kids did pretty well. My parent volunteer just bailed on me so I have to bribe another to help with the kids tonight. The fun never ends!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
It's about a 3 hour drive according to Imploded...but his sense of time and distance is not entirely trustworthy.
He's not too far off. Google maps says 3.5 hrs to Cleveland. I smell day trips. Also understand that the Dayton area has 2 or 3 bmx tracks (one indoors).

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Jesus Christ! When it rains it pours. I just got word that I am on the short list for another position (like 1 or 2 out of 3 to 4) for a different job at a better location (Kentucky > Ohio , closer to family, etc.). They would like to have me come for an interview. Now what? I know a bird in the hand (the offer I currently have) is worth two in the bush (an interview), but damn. I think I'll try to stall my negotiations in Dayton until after I get more info in this interview.