Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Airports, but in the not-collecting-a-paycheck sort of way.

Somehow makes it even worse.
Airports always suck.

Woke up way too early just before 3AM, hopefully it wasn't another tree falling again as the wind was still strong again through last night.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
stupid phones. deleted a game to free up space, but none of the space freed up. it was a large game (about a gig) and can't find any traces of it. have restarted, cleared cache, searched folders/files. google hasn't given me any suggestions i haven't already tried, including trying it now.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Been a little stress rolling out a centralized ecommerce platform globally in a decentralized company and less zen time in the garden now fall is in full swing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Woke up to torrential rain and flooded streets, commute to wrk was fun today. Gonna be a awesome day, fucking around with SAML integrations and trying to convince a dumb contractor that they cannot modify signed tokens by hand without invalidating their digital signatures, sigh. :banghead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Phone interview today, maybe 2. Phone interview tomorrow, but that is all I got so far. Some interesting prospects, but the reality is I can't afford to be living off the man for too long. It doesn't fit with my consumer lifestyle.

New benefits kick in on the 1st, so at least I can ride outside the neighborhood without the wife freaking out.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've worked 27 hours the past two days, and got about four hours of sleep last night and am back in my cubicle prison again. :dead: Today's work rules: I will not attend any meetings, I will not take any phone calls, I will not join any conference calls, I am not available to talk, and I am leaving work early. You can thank me tomorrow when your paycheck hits your bank account.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our DSO has some social issues with other dogs, particularly if she's on leash or in the car. She's a rescue and clearly had a shitty early life. One neighbours dog is her BFF, the other, her mortal enemy. So wife and I take her to doggy day care once/twice a week to help her social skills.

This morning as I'm walking across their small parking lot with her on leash, another owner who had pulled in after me opens his car door and lets his german shepherd jump out and run across to our much smaller dog. It doesn't end well with snarls, bites etc. between the two of them and he can't get his dog away. One of the front desk people has to come out and take control of the other persons dog. Hopefully our DSO wasn't too pissed off and get's to play with other similar sized dogs as normal today.

TLDR IHP.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Our DSO has some social issues with other dogs, particularly if she's on leash or in the car. She's a rescue and clearly had a shitty early life. One neighbours dog is her BFF, the other, her mortal enemy. So wife and I take her to doggy day care once/twice a week to help her social skills.

This morning as I'm walking across their small parking lot with her on leash, another owner who had pulled in after me opens his car door and lets his german shepherd jump out and run across to our much smaller dog. It doesn't end well with snarls, bites etc. between the two of them and he can't get his dog away. One of the front desk people has to come out and take control of the other persons dog. Hopefully our DSO wasn't too pissed off and get's to play with other similar sized dogs as normal today.

TLDR IHP.
"Don't worry - he's friendly!" :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Troubleshooting VMware networking issues over the phone is difficult when they don't know what is connected to what or even how many switches there are.

Frig why does no one write anything down or even take damn screenshots. :(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh, i forgot to mention. The transmission in my wife's subaru grenaded last week. I had to pick her up in the alfa. Mamma mia! that was a spicy meatball. She had to drive my car (for the first time) to get the kids. I was not the least bit chuffed by this turn of events...the pastawagen rescuing the nice japanese mom mobile

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stupid phones. deleted a game to free up space, but none of the space freed up. it was a large game (about a gig) and can't find any traces of it. have restarted, cleared cache, searched folders/files. google hasn't given me any suggestions i haven't already tried, including trying it now.
But have you tried it noaw?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. At a HS at 8am, meeting was a no-show so nothing to do until 10am. Giddy...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i got somethin' to say
i made some money today
cuz you all bought tickets
and you overpaaaaaaid
I need your money, you son of a bitch
Credit or debit, baby
Weight watchers, kittly litter, fuckin' broke
I take Amex, Visa, baby

in other news, wife is out of town, half the office is as well. so dropped the kids off at school, WFH (i.e., NAP), and quick ride before picking up kids this afternoon. 65* and sunny.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I am, of course, assuming that $250 Danzig tickets include a punch in the face.
the one time i saw danzig during his solo career he was opening for metallica in a field in the middle of nowhere in southern new hampshire. probably 1994 or 95? he seemed super fucking grouchy then, as the brief popularity of "mother" was subsiding and he was starting to get fat and angry already.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Im on week 3 of a CBD experiment. Can't say i notice too much difference except spending an extra $25/week.
Chimney sweep finally showed up 48 hrs after original appointment time. Seems our chimney has no liner.
Really have enough open cans of worms right now. Don't need another.