Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT**"

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Almost got up early enough to start the GMT. O’well. Been a cold couple days here in the NC and I hate to admit it but I haven’t ridden my bike in the woods in 2 weeks. My general attitude is trending down and my general distaste for people is trending up.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, fellow mountain bike enthusiasts!! I did not MTB this morning....I mean, I am not going to sit here and blow smoke up your asses. I did pedal the bike trainer for an hour though, for whatever the hell that's worth. I have yet to take a sip of coffee, but there is a cup sitting here in front of me but here I am talking to you guys first like some sort of jackass.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Was texting my wife this morning, put in the letters "jo", and the first suggestions from autofill are "johnbryanpeters", "jonKranked", and "JohnE".

The lizard people must know I spend too much time on the monkey. :rofl:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Playing with wort evaporation rates on the little brewhouse today. If we can hit 28 °P at the end of boil, we should be able to ferment to at least 13 % abv in the tank. That'll warm ya!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Playing with wort evaporation rates on the little brewhouse today. If we can hit 28 °P at the end of boil, we should be able to ferment to at least 13 % abv in the tank. That'll warm ya!
Have now 2 students working with brewing yeasts. Other folks in the lab complain that they get distracted by the smell of beer. :rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
What in the context of work do you do in the troll hole?
On a good day, I surf ride monkey and work on personal projects. ;)

On paper, I'm here to respond quickly and fix airplanes when something happens at the gate and for the most part it seems to work. Our first flight delays are way down vs when we just responded from the hangar and overall delays have diminished both in number and length. Flight crews know I'm here now too, so a lot of potential problems get cut off at the pass, so to speak.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On a good day, I surf ride monkey and work on personal projects. ;)

On paper, I'm here to respond quickly and fix airplanes when something happens at the gate and for the most part it seems to work. Our first flight delays are way down vs when we just responded from the hangar and overall delays have diminished both in number and length. Flight crews know I'm here now too, so a lot of potential problems get cut off at the pass, so to speak.
mr fix it

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Cold, wet, normal COVID winter's day. Heard the gas station in Columbia City has scratch gravy and biscuits. I will be sampling that this AM.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
gas station biscuits & gravy? :twitch:
Certain foods are best obtained from mom and pop gas station operations.

When Angrymetalsmith does his through hike, it would be highly recommended he make a supply stop while passing through Swift Run Gap and head down to the Bear Mountain Grocery at the Exxon station for some of the best damn fried chicken you can get your hands on.

Also not far off the trail a little farther south is the Montebello camping & fishing resort/gas station/ post office which has some damn fine chili.

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Have now 2 students working with brewing yeasts. Other folks in the lab complain that they get distracted by the smell of beer. :rofl:
I believe it. I talked with a researcher at KU Leuven who said that fruit flies from a neighboring experiment kept escaping and flocking to his experiments with brewing yeasts

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Certain foods are best obtained from mom and pop gas station operations.

When Angrymetalsmith does his through hike, it would be highly recommended he make a supply stop while passing through Swift Run Gap and head down to the Bear Mountain Grocery at the Exxon station for some of the best damn fried chicken you can get your hands on.

Also not far off the trail a little farther south is the Montebello camping & fishing resort/gas station/ post office which has some damn fine chili.
i assume the gas station sandwich shops (there original one was on Ivy Road just west of town) were a thing when you were in charlottesville? i forget what they're called. maybe the bellair market? they made a tasty sandwich.

here, there's a decent bbq place attached to the gas station around the corner from my house.

dammit, now i want bbq for lunch.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i assume the gas station sandwich shops (there original one was on Ivy Road just west of town) were a thing when you were in charlottesville? i forget what they're called. maybe the bellair market? they made a tasty sandwich.

here, there's a decent bbq place attached to the gas station around the corner from my house.

you should grill some wings

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Yep Bellaire market was serving some fine sandwiches when I left. Brown's market on the way to your old neighborhood had some decent fried chicken.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:rant:

Trying to e-activate a product, but there's an error on submission related to the reCAPTCHA, and they tell you to contact customer service. Customer service is email only, but also has an reCAPTCHA error. Son of a...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rant:

Trying to e-activate a product, but there's an error on submission related to the reCAPTCHA, and they tell you to contact customer service. Customer service is email only, but also has an reCAPTCHA error. Son of a...

Are you a robot?

Maybe you are a robot and have yet to become fully aware?

That would explain the captcha problems and your need for gear oil.