Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm with you. At first I contemplated over extending eves, but lot his pretty wooded and shade will be a non issue in the summer. Also debating gutters.
What is the pro of not having gutters? They collect too much junk? May get ripped off when ice/snow releases?

Maybe I've just lived in a bunch of houses that took on water in the basement, but I typically prefer gutters as I can ensure water moves away from the house. Yes, proper grading is also key, but sending water away is a big plus in my experience.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm with you. At first I contemplated over extending eves, but lot his pretty wooded and shade will be a non issue in the summer. Also debating gutters.
Pain with leaves, but mud splatter and rotted sills. I guess the right gravel treatment could limit the splashing issues.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Pain with leaves, but mud splatter and rotted sills. I guess the right gravel treatment could limit the splashing issues.
yep, 50-50. Gutters will be high up. Will end up being a pain in the arse. But then again so is cleaning siding and low to ground windows.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my little redneck town has spawned two food cart pods. There are 4 now in each pod. The newest addition is Kimbo Spice and is said to do Korean fried chicken. Trying not to get my hopes up, but checking hours tonight.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Got house inspected. Skied an hour an a half or so in poor visibility with elder kid. Drove home in driving snow. Everything cleared up by Idaho springs or so.