Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Dreaming of yesterday's ride while I sit here and try to figure out why Word has decided to make my bullet points Hebrew right-to-left formatting when the rest of the document most definitely is not Hebrew.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wash your bike they said and you find a crack in your frame. I really love the bike plus getting bikes right now is a pain let alone finding out what to get.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Monkey see, monkey WHAT IT DO CHUCKO! I had a good swim this morning and will go for a run after my 9:00 meeting, cool story.

I have to go into the office today, which I am actually very excited about. 11 months at this job and this will be the first time I see the inside of the building. The guy I am replacing retires in two days, so I'm meeting him to go over some stuff and get a tour of campus. I get my own office too, so I get to see that. After today though, It's back to 100% remote work until September.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wash your bike they said and you find a crack in your frame. I really love the bike plus getting bikes right now is a pain let alone finding out what to get.
Welcome to the club. Post pics in the bike parts graveyard thread!

I have a few parts (not shitz) incoming. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept like a brick last night YAY. So far the work day has been in cruise mode, hopefully it will stay that way. Should hit 80* this afternoon so maybe I will get out for an evening ride

Methinks a second round of espresso in called for:, just because being wired sounds appealing :dance:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

I rolled into work late because on outpatient CT/MR one can do that, so why not

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Jeez, how long does it take to install a Tesla solar roof? People across the street have a fairly modest house and we are at 2 weeks and counting. And this is with a crew of at least 6 guys.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Jeez, how long does it take to install a Tesla solar roof? People across the street have a fairly modest house and we are at 2 weeks and counting. And this is with a crew of at least 6 guys.
When the shingles cost $80k+, spending another $20k for installation seems fair.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept well again. This is getting disconcerting. I'm just waiting for the 4 weeks of poor sleep pending.

Front end is clunking at slow speed turning and I can't figure it out. Everything is installed correctly and it only started with the new sway. Tons of angled load on the endlinks, so the best I can come up with so far is that TireRack sent me the wrong bar that is too short. Email out to Whiteline to confirm the part number.

Got Wifey tickets to Machine Gun Kelly at Red Rocks in October for her birthday. While they hurt, once I figured out how to get them direct sale vs. secondary market (which took almost an hour) I got them for half the price. Scalpers can sit on a fucking pike and wiggle around. Given the only tickets being sold currently are non-transferable, they are making the bet that they can get those tickets once general sales open.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
On monday, I received an e-mail from the restoration company saying they "might" be able to come by this week to finish out the upstairs bath and our master bedroom sometime this week. 2 emails and a phone call from me looking for verification and.........nothing. Radio silence, never hear a word back. So I'm at work expecting nothing and get a phone call from some dudes from restoration company telling me my front door is locked, no one is home, and they would like to start work.

WTF. :rant:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When the singles cost $80k+, spending another $20k for installation seems fair.
Sure, I understand being cautious cause of the cost, but this is also a 1,200 sqft house with a pretty simple roofline and few protrusions outside of one chimney. I have no idea how long it takes to install these things and was surprised to see them still going 2 weeks later.

A quick Google shows Tesla has faced significant struggles rolling these out. Perhaps this is what they are referring to.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sure, I understand being cautious cause of the cost, but this is also a 1,200 sqft house with a pretty simple roofline and few protrusions outside of one chimney. I have no idea how long it takes to install these things and was surprised to see them still going 2 weeks later.

A quick Google shows Tesla has faced significant struggles rolling these out. Perhaps this is what they are referring to.
I was being sarcastic. From what I've read, the Tesla roof is nothing short of a complete train wreck. I kinda get people who are willing to be Musk's cars beta testers, I don't get the same about their roofs.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not sure. Let me head over with a batch of gringoguacamole and Tostitos and see how many takers I get.
We don't have any Tesla houses in our hood, but a multi level 2500 sqft house takes 2.5 days with 6 guys of Latin decent. Our neighbors was a fine example. The gal behind us took 8 days with 3 different crews of white dudes. They were my view for a week and a half.

<edit> I like the music the Latin guys rock out to. Not the country crap I had to listen to.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Welcome to the club. Post pics in the bike parts graveyard thread!

I have a few parts (not shitz) incoming. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Are you getting frame replaced?

Mine i got from GT plus now I am in Denmark so all of that makes it little tricky. Plus there is no 27.5 bikes anymore and it's none boost.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@jstuhlman ...noble smoke....hard pass...putting a sandwich on something the size of a dinner roll and charging 8 bucks....

20210428_120216.jpg

that bowl of 5 or 6 hush puppies was extra....