Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Caught another evil, furry, little bastard for a total of 17. Might be moar, but I have pretty much decimated their population. Should be safe for me to finally take the Toaster to the Honda dealership to get it repaired. For a while there, every time I looked under the hood I would find more chewed up parts. There are holes in the yard, up against the foundation and under the driveway. Had no idea something so small could cause so much damage. Must eliminate all of them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Caught another evil, furry, little bastard for a total of 17. Might be moar, but I have pretty much decimated their population. Should be safe for me to finally take the Toaster to the Honda dealership to get it repaired. For a while there, every time I looked under the hood I would find more chewed up parts. There are holes in the yard, up against the foundation and under the driveway. Had no idea something so small could cause so much damage. Must eliminate all of them.
even with all your hard work....I would call a professional rodent exterminator....or move....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Wife woke me up at 3:00 because she had an inkling the kiddo had stopped breathing and wanted me to go check on him because I'm an expert on toddler breathing or something, he was of course, perfectly fine.

Once I’m awake, I’m awake so I watched Chernobyl videos on Youtube for a couple hours and am now pretty much a certified nuclear physicist. Good start to a day stacked with zoom meetings and stupid sales guys showing up without supplying food or free shirts.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
she had an inkling the kiddo had stopped breathing
My wife freaked out last night about kid 3 being too far buried face first in her giant bear, thankfully before our normal sleeping hours.

so she went in to rearrange the kid, who, still asleep, then flopped herself back onto the bear and grabbed its leg for more purchase against parents trying to rearrange her further

Both wife and kid woke up this morning uneventfully, alive

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Once I’m awake, I’m awake so I watched Chernobyl videos on Youtube for a couple hours and am now pretty much a certified nuclear physicist.
are you staying at a holiday inn express....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not sure if it's me or everyone else who doesn't understand ebay Best Offer? If I see something listed with a "Best Offer" option, I offer less than what it's listed for. Otherwise I would bid on it.

But twice now I have listed stupid shit I want to get rid of hoping to sell it for whatever, only to have someone offer me more. Like $25 on a $16 item. I will take your $25 as I would have taken $14.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not sure if it's me or everyone else who doesn't understand ebay Best Offer? If I see something listed with a "Best Offer" option, I offer less than what it's listed for. Otherwise I would bid on it.

But twice now I have listed stupid shit I want to get rid of hoping to sell it for whatever, only to have someone offer me more. Like $25 on a $16 item. I will take your $25 as I would have taken $14.
I've listed stuff for free on fb marketplace and people still have me money for it

Some people just don't know how to money.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I enjoyed checking my new office digs today. My own office is bigger than I thought it be. Also, there are wild turkeys on campus, and there are signs telling people not to feed them. This is an actual turkey that fluffed up when I walked past, as if to say "Fucking try it."

177027223_1096116134220355_216329269140105141_n.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
any MA monkeys want to ride tomorrow? I'm playing hookie for a couple of days and want to get something nice and long in. (there's one for the random quote thread). I'll buy the tacos if anybody wants to join...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any MA monkeys want to ride tomorrow? I'm playing hookie for a couple of days and want to get something nice and long in. (there's one for the random quote thread). I'll buy the tacos if anybody wants to join...
Oh hey any progress on whether or not you'll be leaving el jobbo

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm the other end of the spectrum. I give most shit away.
I do that, too. But with this whole golf venture, I have to buy shit to try it being a lefty. Sometimes it works, other times epic fail. So I have bought a lot of misc clubs trying different shit. If I know I'm never going to put that in my bag, then I toss it on ebay and recoup some of the expense. I gave my full old set to goodwill with my stand bag.

Funny thing is I bought a ton of stuff at the end of last season for cheap and have made a little bit of profit cleaning the garage at the start of the new season.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh hey any progress on whether or not you'll be leaving el jobbo
not really, I want to work it out as I really like my direct report and I like what I do. I just don't like who I do it for, and the job market is strong enough that I have the power to choose... so we'll see. I had a couple of conversations today, one with potential new manager and one with HR. I'd like to work for potential new manager, but it's a tough sell to say, "Hey I hate my manager, can I work for you" without it sounding like "Hey I hate my manager and I am looking for any excuse to get out". So, I have to be careful and tactful and even if I were successful, I'm not sure how it would go.
Tomorrow is a use it or lose vacation day. I will ride and eat tacos. I'll show @Sandwich around the local trails if he makes the trip.
seems like a long drive, are the tacos in seattle better than boston?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
not really, I want to work it out as I really like my direct report and I like what I do. I just don't like who I do it for, and the job market is strong enough that I have the power to choose... so we'll see. I had a couple of conversations today, one with potential new manager and one with HR. I'd like to work for potential new manager, but it's a tough sell to say, "Hey I hate my manager, can I work for you" without it sounding like "Hey I hate my manager and I am looking for any excuse to get out". So, I have to be careful and tactful and even if I were successful, I'm not sure how it would go.

seems like a long drive, are the tacos in seattle better than boston?

They are better in Yakima, meet in-between?