Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
have a low grade head cold.

weather turned chilly again around these parts over the last few days. but the daffodils are on the verge of bursting into bloom.

wife might switch jobby jobs. she had an encouraging experience interviewing at a spot here in town yesterday. fingers crossed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Great start to the day, didn't realize my coffee cup was filled to the brim and spilled the burning hot stuff all over my fingers. :mad:

Anyways, ride night. Trying to get some of these guys out for a ride is like pulling teeth, sheesh. Bunch of fair weather delicate flower peeps.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
surgery on my elbow at noon. the worst part is "no coffee" the day of. I'm feeling like a zombie. so addicted. so so addicted. headaches will start in about 30 minutes I'd say.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
surgery on my elbow at noon. the worst part is "no coffee" the day of. I'm feeling like a zombie. so addicted. so so addicted. headaches will start in about 30 minutes I'd say.
years ago i cut back to 2 cups a day or one regular coffee and one espresso. and i used to routinely drink 6+ cups of coffee a day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
years ago i cut back to 2 cups a day or one regular coffee and one espresso. and i used to routinely drink 6+ cups of coffee a day.
Damn 6 cups and I thought I was bad with the usual 2 or 3.

I think my biggest problem is that I have one in the morning and another in the afternoon, which sometimes drags on closer to 3pm. Which is no good for sleeping later.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS is high. I'm just waiting patiently to find out if I sold myself well enough to the director to get the job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I think my biggest problem is that I have one in the morning and another in the afternoon, which sometimes drags on closer to 3pm. Which is no good for sleeping later.
in college it was more, 8-10 cups a day sometimes.

time of day is another thing I changed, i don't have coffee after lunch anymore.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Watched a truly horrible Nicholas Cage movie, 211, last night for free on YouTube. It was sooo bad, the plot, the acting, everything. Cage was way over the top bad. Like watching a train wreck, I just couldn’t stop.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Got a half marathon Saturday so I'll spend the next three days going easy on my legs. I'll spin the KICKR later...I've managed to keep my bike fitness up while marathon training, which I am pretty happy about. I've been watching the new Shogun series on Hulu while pedaling. Damn, that's a good show.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got a half marathon Saturday so I'll spend the next three days going easy on my legs. I'll spin the KICKR later...I've managed to keep my bike fitness up while marathon training, which I am pretty happy about. I've been watching the new Shogun series on Hulu while pedaling. Damn, that's a good show.
How many days would you think would be optimal for rest between training and the event ? A few, a week ?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Damn brain, go to sleep.

My offsider got drunk and called our business, owner last night, work is supposedly going to try to offer me more money so I don't quit, hahaha!
They could double my wage and I still wouldn't stay, when you've had enough, you've had enough.

This evening I was trying to get a tablet with one whole Gigabyte of RAM to take a photo as a scan of sorts in 365, convert it to PDF and upload it to the cloud with a shitty internet connection.
Tablet says no, shuts the app down and each time it crashes the scans go back to jpg when it fires up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:wave:

First one in the office. In fact, I had to unlock the door and turn on the lights. Guess I'm just that dedicated to my craft.
This is me every morning. My boss gets here by 8, but I'm in my chair before 7. I also typically leave by noon, so there is that. I have a daily 1:30 I'd rather phone from home to. And if I'm here by noon, there are tacos being had.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have had a headache for a week straight. First available appointment with my primary physician is in August. Attempted to go to an Urgent care, by 3:00 all in the area were "full" for the day. Drove to Issaquah to one that Saif they had openings but by the time I got there I was told a rush of emergencies bumped my spot.

Best Healthcare in the world, at least it is exorbitantly expensive.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

time of day is another thing I changed, i don't have coffee after lunch anymore.
In my early software days I was at least a dozen 8oz coffees a day. Like you I don't drink it after lunch anymore.

I have a cup and a half at home, a cup at work. But now I'm drinking a Monster a day and that shit can't be good. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This is me every morning. My boss gets here by 8, but I'm in my chair before 7. I also typically leave by noon, so there is that. I have a daily 1:30 I'd rather phone from home to. And if I'm here by noon, there are tacos being had.
I was here at 6:45, so not absurdly early. At least not by my standards.

Arriving early/leaving early has always come back to bite me. They only thing the overlords see is the leaving early part, doesn't matter how early I get in. I'm still never seen as dedicated as the person who leaves at 530, even if they start their day at 10.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

My baseline consumption is 3 a day. A cappucino to wake up, an espresso after breakfast, and an espresso after lunch. 3pm is my cutoff for caffeine - anything after that messes with my sleep.

lately, I've been enjoying a mid-morning espresso, just caus' I can when I'm at home, but maybe only 3x a week.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was here at 6:45, so not absurdly early. At least not by my standards.

Arriving early/leaving early has always come back to bite me. They only thing the overlords see is the leaving early part, doesn't matter how early I get in. I'm still never seen as dedicated as the person who leaves at 530, even if they start their day at 10.
Yeah, when I was at McAfee that was an eventual deal breaker. My agreed hours were 6-3. But when my manager left, the new manager said it looked bad with me leaving at 3 when others were here after 6. My commute was shit after 3, so that was a no go.

I'm sorry, I've got shit to do. The LAST thing I want to be doing is work after 4. But folks at McAfee would roll in at 10, then leave at 5 after a 2 hour lunch at TGI Fridays. :rofl:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello there little homey

had a decent little birthday. Wife actually got some presents and put together a wonderful meal. She didn't ask what I wanted for a cake so I was concerned I wasn't getting one...happy that wasn't true.

Still struggling mentally with the job situation. Made the decision to switch and then none of the applications I sent out went anywhere. Now I'm trying to convince myself to be happy staying as this really isn't bad at all (it isn't) but it's just one of those things. Maybe I can retire soon or go smoke crack in an alley somewhere

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Still struggling mentally with the job situation. Made the decision to switch and then none of the applications I sent out went anywhere. Now I'm trying to convince myself to be happy staying as this really isn't bad at all (it isn't) but it's just one of those things. Maybe I can retire soon or go smoke crack in an alley somewhere
let me tell you how fucked my job situation is.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Have had a headache for a week straight. First available appointment with my primary physician is in August. Attempted to go to an Urgent care, by 3:00 all in the area were "full" for the day. Drove to Issaquah to one that Saif they had openings but by the time I got there I was told a rush of emergencies bumped my spot.

Best Healthcare in the world, at least it is exorbitantly expensive.
Have you tried 8-10 cups of coffee a day?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

drove Colfax from 225 to Colorado as part of kid shuttling today. and boy does that stretch need bus rapid transit and associated redevelopment yesterday