Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Leftover Thai better than both? Discuss...
The wife and I were just complaining that we don't have remotely good Thai food anywhere near us anymore. There used to be a tiny Airstream, then she opened a restaurant, then her son ran it into the ground. There is a cart and 2 restaurants in town and one cart in Scappoose, but it's crap.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
My Tico Amigo's 3 week Northern Rockies tour is winding down.

Another nice hike yesterday to Coffin Lakes, which happens to be THE techiest ride in the Henry's.

We scampered up to the Upper Lake which I hadn't done before -- I'm normally hike-a-biking the last 1.5 miles to the Lower Lake as it is...

It's amazing how much easier it is to go hiking without a bike.
IMG_20240716_134223074_HDR_50.jpg

Fucking black flies were on point, so a quick dip and back down to the car.

IMG_20240716_134414423_HDR_50.jpg

I miss my bike for sure -- haven't ridden the GG Shred Dogg in nearly 4 weeks, BOO! -- but legs feel good after a solid 3 weeks of hiking.

And then we saw these assholes on our lazy river float 2 drink minimum ™

IMG_20240716_191300057_2_50.jpg

IMG_20240716_193850613_1_50.jpg

A short hike with the kiddo is on tap and then another float and live [likely shitty but the price is right... free] music / Mexican at the local cantina before taking my buddy back to BZN for his flight home and I can rekindle my love affair with wheels.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey @I Are Baboon you mentioned bathrooms are expensive on your Strava run a bit ago. Are you renovating? Inquiring minds, ok just me, want(s) to know. (Will there be a Washlet?!)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey @I Are Baboon you mentioned bathrooms are expensive on your Strava run a bit ago. Are you renovating? Inquiring minds, ok just me, want(s) to know. (Will there be a Washlet?!)
Yeah, we're getting some quotes on a bathroom remodel. Our main bathroom is very small but needs updating. We are renovating in that we are hiring somebody to do everything. The remodel will include:
  • Replacing bathtub with glass shower stall
  • Knocking out the linen closet and installing a cabinet (this will free up some space)
  • New floor tiles
  • New wall tiles
  • All new fixtures
The first quote came in at $37K. I was guesstimating $40K, so this was in my ballpark. Wife has a bit of sticker shock.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our BS quote for some minor landscaping work is $7k....I dislike spending money on something I care little about.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Taught summer school ELA today (5th & 6th Grade)...don't think I'll be doing that again! Only had 8 kids and that was about 5 too many! Packing for Monkeyfest and grocery shopping for the perishables tonight.

Weather was crazy yesterday. LOTS of down trees and wires, tornados around us and so much heavy rain...more on deck for this afternoon too! We fared fine, but the little town we live in is still cleaning up and lots of folks don't have power still.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So one of the issues with my job is dealing with mini PC's I have running on my desk. You need a keyboard and monitor to fully interact with them, so I can't WFH when I have shit to do with them. I may have finally figured out a solution. Using an HDMI to USB video capture device, I can output the monitor to my dev PC. I'm still waiting on my RS232 to USB cable and that should allow me to emulate a USB keyboard. So from home I can remote to my dev PC and connect to the mini PC. As long as the cable works, but it "should".

PXL_20240717_183739491.jpg