Quantcast

!!! Wednesday !!!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Headed to maine to register boat and trailer.

Closed a deal to work on a local historic lighthouse yesterday.
No pier on site so guys will get to recreate D-Day by storming the beach with ladders from a landing craft.
Should be a fun experience for them as they can spend the night on the island, fish etc.
The historic society only received a grant for 1/2 our quote so I'm going to surprise them and do the entire job for my cost.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That job sounds really cool, Dan-o.

I am giving a Finance lecture to the residents this morning (via Zoom, of course), then probably Mountain Lion + Snowshoe Hare, and finally working the afternoon only in person at the hospital.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooooo, ride night.

Wearing contacts today (for ride night) and one of them appears to be a little fucky. Everything is slightly "off", hopefully that clears itself.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there you guys lol. 50 degrees this morning for my early run....perfect weather for that. I finished the run and realized I had a huge fucking headache. Not cool.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

No pier on site so guys will get to recreate D-Day by storming the beach with ladders from a landing craft.
Should be a fun experience for them as they can spend the night on the island, fish etc.
The historic society only received a grant for 1/2 our quote so I'm going to surprise them and do the entire job for my cost.
what lighthouse?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Heading out to ride some "no dogs - no bikes allowed" trails. Hope to encounter some offended bird watching boomers.

What model of landing craft?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New office semi setup. Lysol'd the shit out of it. Going to need a bigger garbage bin when I start tossing out all the old crap piled in here. Why do people hoard old papers? At least digitize it and toas the paper. What good is a pile of invoices and quotes from 2010?

Just need the bossman to send me a laptop dock.

Have yet to venture over to the kitchen area, to see if the coffee machine is working. The plug got pulled on it at the other building due to covid...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
records retention is a lot different in my industry.
We make transmission components and parts, not exactly anything tied to safety or of importance.

Biggest concerns are finance because it's a public company and whatever our customers dictate. Usually not much related to IT.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We make transmission components and parts, not exactly anything tied to safety or of importance.

Biggest concerns are finance because it's a public company and whatever our customers dictate. Usually not much related to IT.
i'm in medical device. highly regulated industry.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New office semi setup. Lysol'd the shit out of it. Going to need a bigger garbage bin when I start tossing out all the old crap piled in here. Why do people hoard old papers? At least digitize it and toas the paper. What good is a pile of invoices and quotes from 2010?

Just need the bossman to send me a laptop dock.

Have yet to venture over to the kitchen area, to see if the coffee machine is working. The plug got pulled on it at the other building due to covid...
Your office furniture looks a lot like my previous job, we subleased it from a failed bank. Meh, not fond of those memories.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Your office furniture looks a lot like my previous job, we subleased it from a failed bank. Meh, not fond of those memories.
Yeah this shit is old. I need to remove the stupid keyboard tray under the desk, whose only purpose is to hit my knees every time I move.

Also might need to request a new chair. This one has a leather seat, which isn't great for sitting on all day. Cloth for the win.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wood acquired (haha) and I've started putting in new/adtl studs in the wall to attach the fireplace surround structure to. Told boss I'm taking all non-scheduled time off through Friday and he's cool with it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
t minus 7 days until vacation.....checking weather in ut/az/co/wy/mt....and left coast places.....decisions....

also consulting

20200617_105635.jpg

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
still not sure if my trip to Maine end of july is gonna happen.
the only time im staying in a hotel is to delouse before the flight back....if my hotel room in vegas has a patio...i will sleep on that...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the only time im staying in a hotel is to delouse before the flight back....if my hotel room in vegas has a patio...i will sleep on that...
not flying...... and traveling with kids. maine currently requires 2 week self quarantine upon entering the state for non residents (does not apply to VT or NH i believe) or a neg test result from within 72 hours of entering the state.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
not flying...... and traveling with kids. maine currently requires 2 week self quarantine upon entering the state for non residents (does not apply to VT or NH i believe) or a neg test result from within 72 hours of entering the state.
that sucks....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that sucks....
we have a house booked for a week in bar harbor in late july, which i'm not sure is even gonna happen. our family has a lake cabin inland about an hour west from bangor, which is still feasible. not sure if travel logistics are gonna be worthwhile.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
we have a house booked for a week in bar harbor in late july, which i'm not sure is even gonna happen. our family has a lake cabin inland about an hour west from bangor, which is still feasible. not sure if travel logistics are gonna be worthwhile.
i have a friend who used to live in bar harbor....now lives in southwest harbor, maine....moved there after highschool and never looked back...