Quantcast

!!! Wednesday !!!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Attempting sous vide chili Colorado, so 50/50 shot we’re actually eating PB&J for dinner and I’m going to have a very odiferous trash can. Trying to figure out ways to shift around when I’m prepping dinner, finding things that can be made ahead of time that don’t sound absolutely terrible is harder than it should be.

Tore down the toad bike to find a squeak while the kiddo was napping and have determined that Mavic did not in fact design their wheel bearings to last 15 years under a 220ish pound dude who likes bunny hopping things on road bikes. Ordered some freshies of questionable quality, hopefully I can keep this shitpile rolling for another year or two

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I did not feel so spry on my "ride" this morning. Did a longer version of my usual ride, so just over 2,600 vert. Between that, a vigorous rowing interval workout last night, and having donated a pint of whole blood on Monday I ended up out of gas, as it were.

Now to work a bit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fireplace surround frame is laid out and assembly has started. Prior contractor got a 12" auger drill bit stuck in the header block, so it's preventing me from relocating an outlet and putting in a stud for mounting the TV bracket to. I need to go get a more powerful drill to pull it out so that I can keep working (dang... more tools). Once it's out I'll be able to get that moved, the frame mounted to the studs, and smurf tube installed today. Tomorrow I plan to finish any of that not done today and then hang the Durock for stone fascia installation. Contractor was fired this am and I've already done more to frame that up in 3 hrs than he had done in 3 weeks and I should have it done by tomorrow...

I'll have time on Friday to rip new non-MDF shelves for the built-in's (asshole contractor used shit materials...) and fill the edge with woodfill then sand for prep. What it's coming down to, is that time is what kept me from doing all of this on my own. Had I just taken a week off, I could have done most of it on my own quicker with less issues having arisen and for cheaper and still ended up with the same collection of tools I had to buy anyways in the end.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:clapping: I haven't donated in a loooong time. I should change that.
I've only donated twice since moving out here. Back in New York and beforehand I'd donate every 8 weeks like clockwork--it was easy during residency since the blood center was in my actual hospital and I could drop in. Here I have to make an appointment and drive to Lowry.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Attempting sous vide chili Colorado, so 50/50 shot we’re actually eating PB&J for dinner and I’m going to have a very odiferous trash can. Trying to figure out ways to shift around when I’m prepping dinner, finding things that can be made ahead of time that don’t sound absolutely terrible is harder than it should be.

Tore down the toad bike to find a squeak while the kiddo was napping and have determined that Mavic did not in fact design their wheel bearings to last 15 years under a 220ish pound dude who likes bunny hopping things on road bikes. Ordered some freshies of questionable quality, hopefully I can keep this shitpile rolling for another year or two
Beef stroganoff. Quicky, tasty. I will make a tri-tip or something for dinner and then use the leftovers for stroganoff. It also batches and reheats quite well.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife's bday going fairly well so far other than that she has a pinched nerve in her neck. about to eat delicious indian food with g&t's...so everyone wins! finally gonna get a mountains ride in either friday or saturday. super stoked for that.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Beef stroganoff. Quicky, tasty. I will make a tri-tip or something for dinner and then use the leftovers for stroganoff. It also batches and reheats quite well.
Gotta give that one a go, usually I eat left over tri-tip straight out of the tupperware but that sounds a hair classier.

Sous Vide Chili Colorado was a success, gotta tweak the recipe slightly and I think it'll be dialed.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Gotta give that one a go, usually I eat left over tri-tip straight out of the tupperware but that sounds a hair classier.

Sous Vide Chili Colorado was a success, gotta tweak the recipe slightly and I think it'll be dialed.
Share that chili Colorado recipe!