Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tickets to the US December trip purchased. First NYC and then some time in Florida. Will be super strange to go there as a tourist.

Painter has finish the kitchen cabinets and floor sander will be there Friday to do the stairway and second floor. Sooo close to being finished. I really felt a burden lifted this week. Also just happy not to have to spend tons of money all the time on the house. Should hopefully give me more time to bike ride too!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got my wife's car all squared away, for the most part. Had one dealer give a mediocre deal then refuse to budge on it. Called up the last place we bought a car from, and they beat it by a thousand bucks just by asking. I win! Well, she wins. I'm still shopping for an alfa romeo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got my wife's car all squared away, for the most part. Had one dealer give a mediocre deal then refuse to budge on it. Called up the last place we bought a car from, and they beat it by a thousand bucks just by asking. I win! Well, she wins. I'm still shopping for an alfa romeo.
When we replaced the outback we got almost $4k off by going through costco

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, we're not costbros. And unfortunately waifu wants a brand new ascent, which doesn't qualify for 0% apr or any really crazy deals. We're getting 2k off sticker plus an extra 1k on our trade, which is really over it's actual value (carmax gave me less than they are). I don't think I'm getting a crazy deal and don't intend to suggest that I am, but I think this is pretty fair for both dealer and buyer and should be a smooth transaction...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
buddies M6 got whacked pretty good by a lady in a minivan, buddy was pulled over on a street that had construction vans on it letting a few cars go by.

Lady exited her driveway in a spirited manner, sideswipes a stationary work van, and then plows into the stationary M6, deploying its airbags :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bike commuted in for the first time since 9/5/18. (Since then I'd been mountain biking exclusively, then hurt my shoulder, then started ski season.) It was ok.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah, we're not costbros. And unfortunately waifu wants a brand new ascent, which doesn't qualify for 0% apr or any really crazy deals. We're getting 2k off sticker plus an extra 1k on our trade, which is really over it's actual value (carmax gave me less than they are). I don't think I'm getting a crazy deal and don't intend to suggest that I am, but I think this is pretty fair for both dealer and buyer and should be a smooth transaction...
costco membership is fifty bucks dude, using it to buy a car will pay for itself and then some. AFAIK being a new model shouldn't have an impact on your ability to utilize a costco discount.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
costco membership is fifty bucks dude, using it to buy a car will pay for itself and then some. AFAIK being a new model shouldn't have an impact on your ability to utilize a costco discount.
I forgot how right about everything you always are

still would have to negotiate on trade in, and I can bet I wouldn't get as much on my trade, even if I got an extra 1k on the sticker.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Wore out from working on my carport. Just about done. But turkey day prep today. My sis got a great deal on a Subaru through costco

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
recently went to Costco for the first time ever but I had a condition, we must get blunted before hand.
I literally got cut off from two of the sample stands. the madras curry lentil guy thought it was funny visits 3-5 but after the 7th stop he told me no mas. :( Quiche lady stopped me after trip #3 and was not the push over Madras curry lentil guy was.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
recently went to Costco for the first time ever but I had a condition, we must get blunted before hand.
I literally got cut off from two of the sample stands. the madras curry lentil guy thought it was funny visits 3-5 but after the 7th stop he told me no mas. :( Quiche lady stopped me after trip #3 and was not the push over Madras curry lentil guy was.
I have 6 boxes of the lentil curry from costco, mix it with the brown rice and quinoa and you have an awesome meal

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And...
I’m out.
Security was handling me like I was fragile. They asked me if I was okay, and if I needed water easily a dozen times. Dude. I once spent 3 hours in a coffin with hooks in me. 15 minutes in a box with my phone is nothing.
you have enough time to rub one out?

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Esplain please!
I was the centerpiece in a performance. I came on stage in a coffin, and then there was a big fire ball, and then I popped out of the coffin, representing a ghost. I had to be in makeup and hooks for hours before the event, and wait for my moment to arrive. I was sick as hell with a cold, too. Miserable. Had to pee in a Gatorade bottle while I waited.

Attachments

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Turkey day Eve and the office is a ghost town. I like it.

Got a crazy idea and wanted to know just how crazy it might be.

So I can't afford a new bike, or even a solid used. I came across a fork for sale that might actually help. 170mm single crown coil 20mm axle and 1.125 steer. Only semi-issuse is it's a 27.5, but my guess is it is close to the same axle to crown as my Super T and way more modern.

Am I crazy? $200 for a fork that might help, also might get lighter wheelsif it works.

To recap for the tl/dr crowd:
2017 27.5 single to replace 2001 Super T with 26 wheels. Crazy?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Turkey day Eve and the office is a ghost town. I like it.

Got a crazy idea and wanted to know just how crazy it might be.

So I can't afford a new bike, or even a solid used. I came across a fork for sale that might actually help. 170mm single crown coil 20mm axle and 1.125 steer. Only semi-issuse is it's a 27.5, but my guess is it is close to the same axle to crown as my Super T and way more modern.

Am I crazy? $200 for a fork that might help, also might get lighter wheelsif it works.

To recap for the tl/dr crowd:
2017 27.5 single to replace 2001 Super T with 26 wheels. Crazy?
t

probably. depending on the fork you might be able to reduce the travel to help offset the difference in a2c. but definitely check the a2c on both forks first.