Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Did it hurt? How did you manage to get that gig? Was one on TN's coworkers filming?

yes, i am curious by nature. I shall keep diving into this rabbit hole.
Yes. 10 hooks in your skin is no picnic. Once they are in, it’s not so bad. Shockingly, the lift wasn’t too bad. Taking them out was brutal. The endorphins are gone, and it’s just agony. I actually cried so hard I laughed. It was probably the most painful thing I’ve ever been conscious through.

I was part of a performance group that did this kinda thing. This was just a gig we got for a tattoo convention. I also got to perform on the top of a Vegas hotel for Halloween with the same crew.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
t

probably. depending on the fork you might be able to reduce the travel to help offset the difference in a2c. but definitely check the a2c on both forks first.
X-FUSION Vengeance HLR, the other option is a Fox 36 Van with 160mm and it is for a 26. It is also about $50 more, but might be worth it even being 10mm less travel. Not that I would notice. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
X-FUSION Vengeance HLR, the other option is a Fox 36 Van with 160mm and it is for a 26. It is also about $50 more, but might be worth it even being 10mm less travel. Not that I would notice. :rofl:
Both good options, I'd say maybe slight edge to the 36. But check a2c definitely.what frame?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Both good options, I'd say maybe slight edge to the 36. But check a2c definitely.what frame?
I just looked and the Super T is only 150mm. :rofl:

I made an offer on the Fox for $250, I think that is a solid route.

This is on my beast of an RM7, baby. The rear shock was upgraded about 8 years ago to a Fox DHX and I upgraded the drivetrain to SRAM X0/9 about 3 years ago. The Ryno Litea are still true(ish) but I thought about rebuilding them to something betterer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

This is on my beast of an RM7, baby. The rear shock was upgraded about 8 years ago to a Fox DHX and I upgraded the drivetrain to SRAM X0/9 about 3 years ago. The Ryno Litea are still true(ish) but I thought about rebuilding them to something betterer.
A2c is axle to crown, ie the height from the axle to the frame (specifically crown race). That drives a good bit of the bikes geometry, like head angle and front end height

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And I can't tell you how much I lusted over those bikes when I was younger.
That's one reason I bought it for $400 in 2008. My buddy wanted to try racing downhill, so I bought this for him. He never rode it, so I took it back about 8 years ago and still love all 40# of it.

As far as a2c, I think the Fox is still a better option. While the RM7 was often ridden with the Monster T ( :drool: ) the Super T was a better trail setup and not as tall, so the 27.5 would be more Monster T in terms or rake/trail.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The guy who owned it before me rode and beat the hell out of it at Black Rock, but he was about a buck 05 and hardley touched it in terms of overall ability. I just love having a sturdy bike and it gets a lot of comments of either "man, I remember those.." or "what the hell is that?" :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok, Fox is in the mail. Merry Xmas everybody!

<edit> holy hell, this fork retailed for $1200? :shocked:

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

i think you need my uzzi to go along with it :D

arrived at MIL’s. doggos went nuts for a while then chilled. she immediately gave me a g&t. #notbadobama

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HOLY FUCK ITS COLD!!!!!

The pants on my ass literally froze to my seat tonight.

Weather dick says it's 5 freedom units right now.ughhhhhhhh

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Weather dick
:rofl:

Our freezederp is just starting here. Mighty windy and cold, temps should drop to low teens with negative windchill freedumbs in the morning. Gonna be a quick ride. In other news, new studded plus tires just barely fit in my HT frame. Winning!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the Super T is 20" a2c, I am wondering if the 27.5 might have been the better choice.

I am not going to bitch, this seems like a solid fork and was cheap. If it makes it twitchy, I will suck it up and get a middle school frame. :D