Quantcast

###Wednesderp gmt###

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Day #3 of working from home and was just announced by my boss that we'll all be working from home until further notice. Always thought working from home would be fun but in reality it's kinda boring not having any coworkers to physically talk to (still communicate via chat). My son thinks this whole no school thing is pretty awesome but we're all getting a little stir crazy. :blink:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Day #3 of working from home and was just announced by my boss that we'll all be working from home until further notice. Always thought working from home would be fun but in reality it's kinda boring not having any coworkers to physically talk to (still communicate via chat). My son thinks this whole no school thing is pretty awesome but we're all getting a little stir crazy. :blink:
yea, i definitely prefer working from the office, but I have no proper home office and having a 5 year old and a 2 year old is not conductive to being productive.

on the flip side, i'm not driving 80 minutes a day, so that's time saved. plus i have my espresso machine here at home.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
yea, i definitely prefer working from the office, but I have no proper home office and having a 5 year old and a 2 year old is not conductive to being productive.

on the flip side, i'm not driving 80 minutes a day, so that's time saved. plus i have my espresso machine here at home.
Yeah I don't have a home office either. I'm currently set up in the dining room and I'm really missing my dual monitor set up at the office. Working from a laptop is not ideal at all. But yeah, my commute to the dining room is way better than sitting in rush hour traffic.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah I don't have a home office either. I'm currently set up in the dining room and I'm really missing my dual monitor set up at the office. Working from a laptop is not ideal at all. But yeah, my commute to the dining room is way better than sitting in rush hour traffic.
You never realize how much having dual monitors increases your productivity until they are gone. Toggling between programs on a single screen is the worst.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I think I have it best: sent my employees away to work from home, woman and kid in the country staying with family while I get to enjoy the blissful quietness of an empty office and actually getting stuff done.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Still short of breath and sore throat, one week of symptoms in. Not tested because Obama hates me.
How's your wife, no symptoms?

Morning. Not going to the office has the benefits of 1. waking up when the sun is up 2. I feel I can (dis)organize myself better according to the needs of my brain, not the office life. Missing my new colleagues for sure, but for getting in the zone, not having to be glued to my desk helps me tremendously.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We're running $2.3.
$1.69 at the local Costco. :disgust1:
Yeah... the commute is so nice WfH. I have an 8am stand up every day, which means wake up at 7:50 so I can grab coffee before sleeping on the con-call.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How's your wife, no symptoms?
She's fine, tough to stay apart in the same house.

Finally got to measure my temp today 97.5 freedums says I'm definitely not burning up.

I'd been monitoring my HR to ensure it wasn't high, but not sure how accurate the oxygen saturation measurement is on my phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Filled up the gas tank this morning for .77 cents a liter. Niccccce.

Sounds like the work from home news is coming this afternoon, for this particular location. I'm sure I'll still have to come in, for some reason.

Should be going for a ride or hike tonight.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
5.7 earthquake in SLC.

Next is Locusts. When does the moon start bleeding?
"All our locusts are currently busy with other customers. Your misery is important to us and a representative will be in touch when available."

So, the statue of the angel Moroni, on top of the temple lost his trumpet. I guess we are skipping the trumpets part at The End.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46731630/the-first-one-was-insane-57-earthquake-hits-near-magna

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
You never realize how much having dual monitors increases your productivity until they are gone. Toggling between programs on a single screen is the worst.
I grabbed my 2nd monitor from work yesterday, but have yet to plug it in.

Ran into my safety guy setting up our questionnaire checkpoint at the office. Our empty office. Go honour system go!

Schools are now closed indefinitely here, but daycares remain open. Not sure I trust our daycare operator to be a hand washing nazi.