Quantcast

weds gfmt....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What now?
Street has a dedicated right turn lane...which was full. Person in front of me decides they want to turn right instead of going straight through.

Light turns green...and you guessed it - they simply say there not moving, waiting for the right turn lane to clear.

I just leaned forward in my seat in irritation. Fortunately that put my elbow square on the horn. And I just left it there until they finally got into the turn lane.

And then she flipped me off. :rolleyes: :rant:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Street has a dedicated right turn lane...which was full. Person in front of me decides they want to turn right instead of going straight through.

Light turns green...and you guessed it - they simply say there not moving, waiting for the right turn lane to clear.

I just leaned forward in my seat in irritation. Fortunately that put my elbow square on the horn. And I just left it there until they finally got into the turn lane.

And then she flipped me off. :rolleyes: :rant:
tl;dr...did you piihb?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So here's the thing... you have a wood-burner. You will always have some smoky smell around. Don't sweat it - you'll get used to it. :D
Seriously I really think this is all there is to it. Also, the whole room was super smoky when we moved in from years of an open fireplace so once we are done renovating and the walls are painted I am sure it will be good. It will also help we can actually open windows in that room again when we get new windows installed :)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Kinda malty. New liquor store in town has incredible beer selection, including beers from CO. Any tips what's better?
If they have it, 4 Noses is awesome. Bout Damn Time is my favorite beer right now. Lika Boss is also very good.

You beer nerds should do yourselves a flavor and try some Melvin Brewing beers. They supposedly are pretty damn tasty...
Place near me is carrying Melvin, I approve this beer.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did I miss the race write-up? How did it go?
Haven’t missed it, we’ll be doing recaps posts on the website real soon. It was awesome, we got the car to the finish line under its own power, and that was the goal.

What else? And how'd it all work?

I just picked up some King coilovers with remote reservoirs and compression clickers. I'd love to do some triple bypasses at all 4 corners but unless the money tree blossoms I don't see that happening.
Truck worked awesome, ended up getting lights, GPS, radio, and a roof rack for it. It’s obviously under spring in the rear when I have weight in it. Probably need a new leaf spring pack and/or air bags in the rear. Then it’ll “need” bumpers, moar lights, wheel spacers, maybe a little more lift, and other random stuff I need to write down.

Didnt you have Ikon stuff? What did ya do with those things? Can I give ya Tree-fiddy?

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Haven’t missed it, we’ll be doing recaps posts on the website real soon. It was awesome, we got the car to the finish line under its own power, and that was the goal.

Truck worked awesome, ended up getting lights, GPS, radio, and a roof rack for it. It’s obviously under spring in the rear when I have weight in it. Probably need a new leaf spring pack and/or air bags in the rear. Then it’ll “need” bumpers, moar lights, wheel spacers, maybe a little more lift, and other random stuff I need to write down.

Didnt you have Ikon stuff? What did ya do with those things? Can I give ya Tree-fiddy?
Icons are still on the truck at the moment, but only until I get it back from the shop then I'll be doing Kings all around. I much prefer the progressive damping profile of the Kings vs. the digressive damping profile of the Icons, at least for how I drive the truck. Perhaps it's different for Baja style driving, but I seem to recall King and Fox (both progressive) are more heavily represented than any other suspension companies.

I'd definitely push you towards either Fox or King if or when that time comes. Also, a set of aftermarket leafs for your truck with some Firestone bags and Daystar cradles would be pretty killer.