Quantcast

Weekend of riding at Earl's and Treesaw, NY state.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Gk. Willie said:
Good times, Good Times. Definetly a pleasure to ride with all of you. The old lady And I are going to Lake placid for a night-time urban bash followed by a sunday at Whiteface you should all join us. I heard it's spodabe nice this weekend

Hey Chris Whiteface doesn't allow mountain biking until after June 18th...Just a head's up if you were planning on doing some dh there.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Instigator said:
I just want a pick of myself doing something that big, so I can put it in my toolbox at work and brag :D

....that and I am getting old, so my chances of doing anything that big again are getting slim :(
Ralph, I am going to post the 2 I have of you hitting the drop. They are ok but not great but you are still THE MAN!

Gk. Willie

Chimp
May 24, 2004
Rochester, NY
Mtbkngrl said:
Hey Chris Whiteface doesn't allow mountain biking until after June 18th...Just a head's up if you were planning on doing some dh there.
Really? Looks like I'm heading to Diablo Instead. Honestly I think I would enjoy that more anyway. As before all are welcome to come

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Well crap-o-la! I missed this post.

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Ill skip the DH part though. :D :eek:

Glad you all got together! :thumb:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
We had an awesome time hosting everyone and can't wait to do it again! Here are a few pics that we had from our epic XC ride on Sunday!
Nice pics / writeup. :thumb:

Treesaw: Where is the trailhead for the Moreau trails? :confused: Is it on Spier Falls road? I have heard good things about the trails there, but haven't had a chance to visit there yet.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
berkshire_rider said:
Nice pics / writeup. :thumb:

Treesaw: Where is the trailhead for the Moreau trails? :confused: Is it on Spier Falls road? I have heard good things about the trails there, but haven't had a chance to visit there yet.
Yupper! There is one at the boat launch area (just before you head over the mountain) and that takes you up one side of the mountain. The one we rode is about half way up the climb over teh hill (by car) and takes you up the other side of the mountain. You can actually ride (from where we began) all the way over the mountain and down to Moreau Lake.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
berkshire_rider said:
:thumb: Thanks! Does a map exist, and is one even needed? I want to check this place out sometime, and see what's there. :cool:
There is a map at the boat launch and I am not sure if there are ones for you to take. The trails are well marked, but only with trail markers no maps to tell you where you are. If you're going to be in the area, send me a PM and we can always show you around and don't forget your climbing legs ;)