Quantcast

weird stuff you see driving around

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I drive a lot. And I see a lot of weird stuff. Post pics and a brief description of weird/random stuff you see driving:

sign says: "stick shift ... space please!"

I've seen this person multiple times on my drive in to work, took me a while to figure out what the sign says. Seriously, who writes that? It was just some middle aged white lady too! Does this mean I could get away with drunk driving if I wrote "warning: driver is drunk" on my windows??

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just don't get some people. The lack of logic boggles my mind.

Somewhere at home I have a picture of an 18 wheeler with no trailer hauling a snowmobile on a bunch of pallets.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
There is always that guy dancing at the bus stop. I don't care where I am, I always see that guy. Always jamming out to his CD walkman, laying down the boogie. He has a great move where he dances into the gutter & does a spin to see if he can see the bus coming & he never misses a beat dancing back to the curb. He even dances in my rearview mirror until he is out of sight. I will probably see him on the commute home.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Two things I saw while riding the bus from Oakland to Santa Rosa this fall.

1. a segway in a bike rack
2. some reading a book while driving 45 mph on 101 N.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There is always that guy dancing at the bus stop. I don't care where I am, I always see that guy. Always jamming out to his CD walkman, laying down the boogie. He has a great move where he dances into the gutter & does a spin to see if he can see the bus coming & he never misses a beat dancing back to the curb. He even dances in my rearview mirror until he is out of sight. I will probably see him on the commute home.
Thanks for noticing. I call that move the gutter move. You should stop and say hello sometime. I sing pretty good too. I sound a lot like Phillip Bailey.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I've seen people using laptops in their laps doing 65mph.
whats wrong with that? i gotta multi-task!

i admit its a horrible idea, but i was on the phone (non-handsfree) and on my laptop while driving.

weird things ive seen:
VW bus w/ sign saying "50hp, please pass on left"

....i hate PA:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was driving down in CA the other day and caught a shot of this:

Yea, I just giggled.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I once saw a Camaro.

Towing another Camaro.

Via small tie-down straps through the wide-open trunk.

On the 5 freeway.

With a Mexican guy in the trunk (to make sure the tie-downs were ok maybe?).

Ever seen anyone so damn fat that the steering wheel is disappearing into their gut? They tend to steer somewhat slow. I wonder if the car honks when they hiccup. I think that could be a sign that "it's time".

I once saw a full length flatbed semi carrying a single motorcycle in the center of it.

Man, I could think of so much to add to this it's just ridiculous....I'll have to make some more pearls of contributions later.

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
I once saw a full length flatbed semi carrying a tonka truck in the center of it. Anchored with big fat tie downs too.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I've done that. Best was taking the bong load at 7am on the way to Snow Summit while my friend was steering for me. He starts laughing. I look up and see the people next to us just staring at me. I waved and hit the gas.

I have been known to practice my tin whistle while driving too.

It's L.A. We're not driving that fast anyway.

Monkey
a friend of mine was driving to pick up a third person. When we were on this 2 lane road we were going 27-30 in a 25 with lots of pedestrians around. The Ford Explorer behind was honking, flashing its lights, and tailgating us to the gnar.(when you are sitting in a Hyundai and an Explorer is 4 inches away from your bumper, it felt gnar at least)

So when we made a right turn the SUV peeled out and passed us. On the back of the thing there were at least a dozen stickers, with messages like "Love", "Take a Deep Breath", "Forgiveness", "PEACE", and assorted other feel-good sh*t, and of course, "Obama 08" on the left side of the tail gate and "HOPE" on the right, from the smoke that came from her tires a bunch of rubber trees just died in vein.

GOtta love the Bay Area. You can't make this sh*t up.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
when I lived in rochester I would always see black people driving around eating chicken wings then throwing the bones out the window. Eventually, I started doing it too.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I've started seeing these 3-wheeled Segways being used by mallcops while driving around. It's pretty ridiculous.

Edit: Proof!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I saw a Missouri Hwy maintenance truck dragging a deer carcass down the shoulder of I-70. I guess the guys didn't want to pick it up and throw it in the empty dump truck bed.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The segway is the final sign of the impending apocalypse.