Quantcast

Well guys I was quite a bit off on the V10 wieght, its STUPID LIGHT (Pics on scale)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I would beleive it. What does it matter anyways? Let him have his fun, and if some parts break, you can then say "I told you so".

But, people with light bikes need to hit the gym, like now!

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
ThePriceSeliger said:
I would beleive it. What does it matter anyways? Let him have his fun, and if some parts break, you can then say "I told you so".

But, people with light bikes need to hit the gym, like now!
I CAN NOT gain weight, no matter how hard I try, or how much I eat. I do not know why but I can'g get bigger.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
TheMontashu said:
I CAN NOT gain weight, no matter how hard I try, or how much I eat. I do not know why but I can'g get bigger.
Dude, eat more. I'm in the same boat and I constantly eat. Like 2 cartons of ice cream a day sometimes, lots of steak and meat, pasta, lots of carbs and protien, and tons of water.

Trust me it helps. Just eat stuff with fats, carbs, and protien.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
here is what I have eaten today

For breakfast I had 2 cans of chilli with like 5 or 6 pieces of bread, then I had a bagel for a snack, then I had 2 cliff bars. I got home had 3 bowls of ice cream, and a 1/2 pound burger. Now im looking for dinner. Also keep in mind the fact that I have only been up for 8 hours

Aug 6, 2005
Fly pretty much nailed it... there's always a reason he's lying. Why? Why do you care? Do you guys feel emasculated by it? Do you feel threatened? Jealous, maybe?
owned

im like 20 lbs under weight and i rode a demo 9, 47ish lbs, till it got jacked. it doznt really matter

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
TheMontashu said:
here is what I have eaten today

For breakfast I had 2 cans of chilli with like 5 or 6 pieces of bread, then I had a bagel for a snack, then I had 2 cliff bars. I got home had 3 bowls of ice cream, and a 1/2 pound burger. Now im looking for dinner. Also keep in mind the fact that I have only been up for 8 hours
Damn, you really are a skinny mofo.

Try Haagen Dazs ice cream. That's the shizit right there.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Chinese food is good! Get mongolian beef, hot and sour soup, - a bunch of other stuff-, steamed rice.

Then, go to a mongolian grill and have them cook what you select. :drool: :drool:

Then, go to Marie Calendars and get a Pumpkin and French Apple pies. :drool:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
TheMontashu said:
Who says you can't gain weigh in muscle mass. I weigh 205 and can literally bench 280. I don't eat much, but I work out alot. Don't be a bitch, go to the gym every day for 2 hours and don't do any half ass work outs, and get a protein shake.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ThePriceSeliger said:
go to the gym every day
I've talked to body builders and all recommend going 3-4 times a week to allow your muscles time to rebuild and bulk up after you break them down working out.

And make sure to do low reps/high weight. Try to get 1-2 sets of 12 reps on enough weight to make baby Jesus cry.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Bicyclist said:
I've talked to body builders and all recommend going 3-4 times a week to allow your muscles time to rebuild and bulk up after you break them down working out.

And make sure to do low reps/high weight. Try to get 1-2 sets of 12 reps on enough weight to make baby Jesus cry.
I work different things every day. Then switch 2 days later.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Bicyclist said:

Even 12 reps is too much. I think for real mass building you should shoot for 4-6. Then again it all depends on the person. I usually do my first 2 sets to 12 reps, then 8 or so, then on the last one I just go to a high weight and lift til burn out. Feels awesome and it works.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
this is dumb, he's like only 16 and it can be very hard for some body types to gain excess weight in the teen years, and it's especially hard when you are expending lotsa energy on aerobic exercise.

whats with this threads obsession on dictating weight anyways? why should he gain weight if he eats well and gets plenty of exercise? dumb kids...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Polandspring88 said:
Even 12 reps is too much. I think for real mass building you should shoot for 4-6.
Man, it seems like every time I talk to a weight lifter they all go through phases. I guess slightly higher reps is a thing of the past now...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Polandspring88 said:
Even 12 reps is too much. I think for real mass building you should shoot for 4-6. Then again it all depends on the person. I usually do my first 2 sets to 12 reps, then 8 or so, then on the last one I just go to a high weight and lift til burn out. Feels awesome and it works.
I've been pushing myself alot the past few weeks once I started track. Today alone, i did 170 pushups and situps. 17 sets of 10 every night all week this week. You are sore the first few days, but then it makes you feel really solid. In the gym, it just depends on what day it is for what I work on. I made myself a schedual.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
zedro said:
this is dumb, he's like only 16 and it can be very hard for some body types to gain excess weight in the teen years, and it's especially hard when you are expending lotsa energy on aerobic exercise.

whats with this threads obsession on dictating weight anyways? why should he gain weight if he eats well and gets plenty of exercise? dumb kids...
I'm 17, and with what he told us, he isn't exactly eating right, and I didn't see anything about him working out or getting plenty of exercise.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
ThePriceSeliger said:
I'm 17, and with what he told us, he isn't exactly eating right, and I didn't see anything about him working out or getting plenty of exercise.
well telling him to pig out isnt exactly great advice is it? how about a light snack and a ride around the block?

bah, i'll leave you girls to it :oink:

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
dropmachine.com said:
Sorry dude, I still call bull****. My bike is built with very light parts, and my frame is lighter then yours. Industry nine wheels too. No way you are 4 pounds lighter then my bike. 38 maybe.

Get your scale calibrated.

AGREED!! i bet the front wheel is touching the ground

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
Bicyclist said:
God damn it. This has been discussed at length.
i just had a chance to finish reading all 8 pages and realized this. cut me a break . . . i don't post on here much