Quantcast

Well I'm not sure why I'm telling you jerks this....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MMike...

I am not sure if it is fact or not, but a friend who has an autistic kid told me that "Silicon Valley" had one of the highest populations of autistic people because of their specific abilities. I don't know if anyone can confirm or deny that story... but it is one that focusses on a different view of autism... I think that a lot of times people focus on the negatives and not the positives. It sounds like your little one has some special talents, and with the proper educational plan, she will be in great shape, and able to excell. I have had several kids with autism in my classes in the past few years and each one of them has an interesting story I could tell. It was really rewarding when there would be breakthroughs!

good luck.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Jesus. Now I know what you've all been on about. Exploiting his first born for + rep? A new low...What a peckerwood...

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
And thanks all.

To whoever asked, nope not Asperger's. That's (for the most part) obsessing over one thing to the exclusion of all others (so I'm told)....which she does not do.

We're thinking of going back to the naturopath that my wife was seeing a while back. The main raison d'etre for his practice is to treat autistic kids. He's the PhD in biochemistry. Apparently he's had very good success. Too bad he's $200/hr......

She's starting kindergarten in Sept. (she's been doing preschool this year). She will have a shadow at least for the first little while to see how she does.

Actually Asperger's is very high functioning but with problems connecting the dots in social areas. ( reading faces for emotions and knowing the proper response, things like that)

Anyway it sounds like you guys are doing awesome and I wish you the best.

gg

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
fvck labels...sounds like you have a plan to deal with her unique circumstances and I wish you the best of luck. Now that I'm having a kid I worry that they are going to have autism or adhd or some other issue.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i guess overall i'm just curious what an Mmike 5 years ago would have posted in response to this thread, if the Mmike from 5 years ago was oblivious he was responding to his future self.

Would he have inserted something about the low cost of briefs, or that the Peoples Court airs on television at 5 o'clock? The world may never know.

You have a great looking kid, life is full of gifts, even though they are hard to see, and if you never would have thought beforehand. Regardless i still hate you Mmike, you scumbag.