Quantcast

Well, they accepted our offer on a house.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
amydalayna said:
you could always sell your tahoe home to a local family at a reasonable price.... :)
Hmmm, that would be good, but I suggest setting up a 501(c)(3) non-profit to own the tahoe house for the benefit of all the monkies... :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
amydalayna said:
you could always sell your tahoe home to a local family at a reasonable price.... :)
Or he could GIVE it to me as awedding present and the GF (soon to be wifey) and I will move to Tahoe and become locals. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - you probably couldn't even afford the taxes...... I know I couldn't. :p
I'm sure they wouldn't a let a guy with a red mullet into any of Brian's neighborhoods anyways.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - you probably couldn't even afford the taxes...... I know I couldn't. :p
The taxes I can afford, it's the down payment that I can't scrape together. Almost there though... next year I'm hoping to get into a house.

Besides, where do you think I work at? McDonalds?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
SkaredShtles said:
Crazies probably don't own 500K houses, though. Do they? :eek:
my house is probably worth around 450 now. and my neighbors have similar.
maybe the crazies own houses worth 400k.
If you bought a house 10 years ago in the basin it wasn't crazy like it is now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
The taxes I can afford, it's the down payment that I can't scrape together. Almost there though... next year I'm hoping to get into a house.

Besides, where do you think I work at? McDonalds?
Joking.......

I was joking.......

Besides - you think you could get as good a payin' job in Tahoe? :think:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
splat said:
No offense to you Cali People , but I have lived out there before and I would not want to go back!
Yeah well I grew up in Connecticut and lived in Boston for 4 years and I would not want to go back! :eviltongu

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
OGRipper said:
Yeah well I grew up in Connecticut and lived in Boston for 4 years and I would not want to go back! :eviltongu
ditto. i also grew up in CT. humid rainy summers. frigid winters. the people. i'm digging it much more out here.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Joking.......

I was joking.......

Besides - you think you could get as good a payin' job in Tahoe? :think:
My company has no offices in Tahoe. :( The closest I could get is Sacramento. Which would be acceptable if it wasn't in Sacramento! Although... Hmmm... a couple of hours to Downieville... maybe Sac ain't so bad after all.

I guess I could be a drug dealer. Buncha hippies up there, right? :)

Splat, I am trying to get out of here. It's really only SoCal that sucks. There are places in NorCal that are absolutely beautiful. Actually So Cal is pretty cool too, it's just not my personal ideal place. Too hot. But you have pretty much everything you need, it hardly ever rains, and there is some pretty good riding.

splat

Nam I am
Ciaran said:
Splat, I am trying to get out of here. It's really only SoCal that sucks. There are places in NorCal that are absolutely beautiful.
I was in the Bay Area, Yes there are beutiful places out there no question about it . I just found it too crowded and too much of a rat race for my taste. I have also Lived in Dallas, Washington DC, NY city area , and all around the Boston area. , And the Boston area so far has been the best to my liking.

and as for riding ? we have tons , just look at my Death March thread , that was right out my front door ! Literally !

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
What you couldn't pony up and find that house in Blackhawk?? J/K nice place, I just moved out of the bay and really want to get back into walnut creek San Ramon area again.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
beestiboy said:
What you couldn't pony up and find that house in Blackhawk?? J/K nice place, I just moved out of the bay and really want to get back into walnut creek San Ramon area again.
We looked there, just a hair too much $.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
cheerio said:
wowza ur rich lol i live in a good neiborhood close to down town calgary, we jsut moved and our house was like $300,000.
Nah, we're not rich. It's just the way it is out here. We paid in 1997 $275K for our house, we are going to ask between $795K-$810?K for our place. Thats whats allowing us to make the move.