Quantcast

> Wet knees dray <

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

In the office for our holiday party. There's little I look forward to more than awkward social gatherings. Truly the place where my introverted personality shines.

Should find out more about how this reorg is supposed to shake out, so that'll be nice.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
House is online. See if anybody is interested. Expensive so not a huge group of buyers in the range.

Got my the second interview next wednesday. Long time ago I made it even to second interview so that is great. An Ecommerce role so right up my ally. This process will drag on into next year I am sure unfortunately because of Christmas season.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wednesderp. Supposed to do an easy bike path ride tonight.

But first, coffee and work.

:wave:

In the office for our holiday party. There's little I look forward to more than awkward social gatherings. Truly the place where my introverted personality shines.

Should find out more about how this reorg is supposed to shake out, so that'll be nice.
Man, I somehow got signed up for our holiday party, which happens this Friday evening. Now the girlfriend is very sick, so she is already bailing, leaving me the awkward one to go solo. This will be fine. This will be fine. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd like to know what kind of half assed maintenance operation @Pesqueeb 's people are running when I'm about to board the germ tube and the captain has to reject the plane.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today looks much better than yesterday and there was a great deal of standing water on the way in. The usual spots are to be expected, but there were some new spots that were an unpleasant surprise. In hella early to try and avoid jackasses and it seems the jackasses had the same idea.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got a reply from Rocky, it was worth a try at least.

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about the repeat hub failures! To be honest fatbikes in general are very hard on hubs, between the high rotating weight and the enormous contact patch + low gearing and persistent soft surfaces they're a high torque machine that wreaks havoc on hub and drivetrain parts over time. I'm not saying that to discourage you from buying another, but more as advice that upgrading to a more modern fatbike should help but may not be a cure-all for cracked hubs and so forth.

Regarding your request we don't have a mechanism to offer you a better sale price than the one showing on our website, but a lot of dealers have bikes on sale right now as we move into winter! If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend checking with any dealers in your immediate area to see if they have some stock they're liquidating.
I mean it is what it is, but I'm not sure what the guy is smoking about not having a mechanism for getting a better price. They have a discount code thing right on their website, if you choose to buy direct. :rofl:

1701874785075.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They can empty that without replacing the whole plane, you know.

taphead.gif
when it overflows down the aisle tho

/me shall cargo bike my Baby Aya in to preschool, then pick her up at noon. last round of testing for her today downtown to see if she skips kindergarten altogether.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
HFBD Junkyard

Interesting things going on t work. Looks like I m going to be flying a desk full time as the OPS Mgr /Back up dispatcher. I wonder how long I will last before saying FTS?

In other news I am at 12 days on my Synthroid and Lipitor along with my diet change. I have dropped 13 pounds and my energy is coming back plus Ruth says I'm not as much of a crabby asshole the past couple of days...win

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley won the December race and the 2023 Jr League championship last night. Qualified 3rd with a really fast A-heat group. She snagged a quick pass on lap 2 then stuffed inside one of the hard passing corners lap 3. After that point 2-5 were going at it for the rest of the race and she just walked away. They do a victory lap with the checkered flag for the League, which she was the most excited about from the whole night.

There is also chatter about the Centennial airport track being opened again. The airport put out an RFP and it sounds like FDM is involved. The owner ran the track for 5yrs before, so it would be nice if he could make it happen. It's 18min away, it could potentially be the shop (means we can leave the kart), and that's so close it would mean the ability to do after-school driving. Fingers crossed.

Premium was $2.99 at Costco over the weekend. I had to double check that I hit the right button before I put the gas in.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Wadddup yo!

couple realtors started sending me a crap tons of listings in Florida. Seems the market is ripe for the picking due to the economic timez. 60% of the listings sold in the last 6 months have sold for hundreds less than asking price.

yes, I already bought flights

in other news, been shopping the pawn shops here for deals since the economy here has been pretty rough on folks as well. Scored brand new Milwaukee M12 palm nailer kit for $100, will make boxes and switches a breeze

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wadddup yo!

couple realtors started sending me a crap tons of listings in Florida. Seems the market is ripe for the picking due to the economic timez. 60% of the listings sold in the last 6 months have sold for hundreds less than asking price.

in other news, been shopping the pawn shops here for deals since the economy here has been pretty rough on folks as well. Scored brand new Milwaukee M12 palm nailer kit for $100, will make boxes and switches a breeze
Ripe because the fruits are rotten?

Isn't getting insurance becoming a real issue in Florida? As in entire companies have upped and left their operations there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wadddup yo!

Insurance. It's multiples more expensive than before (5-6x). People can't afford to live there because of that. Rental properties are being sold because they are too expensive to rent with insurance costs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Insurance. It's multiples more expensive than before (5-6x). People can't afford to live there because of that. Rental properties are being sold because they are too expensive to rent with insurance costs.
in part because several major nat'l ins co's have exited florida