Quantcast

*WGMT*

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pulled apart, cleaned, reassembled. Ovular chainwheel was a little loose... I like the Race Face Cinch system but apparently didn't get it tight enough when I built it. Thinking that was the primary source of my noises.

OK.
Yes.
It will happen again.
Then you tighten the crap out of it.
And then it will happen again.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Heading out to the BMX/DJ park so a bunch of little groms can make me feel like I don't know how to ride my bike. I find solace in the fact that I have a beer and a bowl waiting for me in my truck and they do not.

WOOOOT!!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding today, trails need to dry a bit.

Got a call from my friend with brain cancer who moved to PA for rehab. He is learning to walk again and his MRI showed no growth in the remaining tumor bits.

Ha, take that Cancer !

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ok fatty, how have you done it ?

What is your diet like ?
Nothing really radical. I use a fitbit Charge HR to keep track of my activity and resting HR. I have my goal set at 10,000 steps per day which is about 5 miles, I usually push it to 14000. I use an online program on my phone "lose it" to track an approximate caloric intake. I set that goal at 1250 calories per day. I eat 3 meals a day of what ever I feel like eating just in smaller portions. No Carbs after lunch as a general rule but nothing is absolute. My typical day looks like this 200 to 300 calories each for breakfast and lunch and 500 to 800 alotted for dinner. Today was Oatmeal with a tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast 300 calories, A can of soup, 200 calories for lunch. Dinner was 3 oz of rib eye steak chopped and spread into a kale salad with feta, pesto, mushrooms carrots and olives in a really large bowl with light balsamic dressing 500 calories. That leaves me able to have a non alcoholic beer or two tonight and be near my 1200 calories. So far today I have 12000 steps and 6.7miles walked.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nothing really radical. I use a fitbit Charge HR to keep track of my activity and resting HR. I have my goal set at 10,000 steps per day which is about 5 miles, I usually push it to 14000. I use an online program on my phone "lose it" to track an approximate caloric intake. I set that goal at 1250 calories per day. I eat 3 meals a day of what ever I feel like eating just in smaller portions. No Carbs after lunch as a general rule but nothing is absolute. My typical day looks like this 200 to 300 calories each for breakfast and lunch and 500 to 800 alotted for dinner. Today was Oatmeal with a tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast 300 calories, A can of soup, 200 calories for lunch. Dinner was 3 oz of rib eye steak chopped and spread into a kale salad with feta, pesto, mushrooms carrots and olives in a really large bowl with light balsamic dressing 500 calories. That leaves me able to have a non alcoholic beer or two tonight and be near my 1200 calories. So far today I have 12000 steps and 6.7miles walked.
:rofl:

That's not a lot of food. I'd probably feel weak if that's all I ate. According to a free online calorie calculator, I need 2596 calories to maintain my weight. Which I'm not trying to do, but not trying real hard to lose another 10-15 pounds either. I have some room in the diet area, but I already ride a shit ton as is. Starting to see the veins in my legs which says something since I'm ginger Sasquatch hairy.

Anyhoo, good for ya Eric, keep it up !

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Like I said these are target numbers not absolutes. If I feel I need to eat more I do, if not I don't. Days where I know I am going to go for a hard ride or Kayak the calories go up. A lot of doing it this way is from knowing your body from doing endurance sports for years. You get a feel for how hard you can push and when you can't.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Bought the silverado!
They gave me $8k for the 150, which needs a $7k repair. It is THRASHED.
My payments are $220 month.
Totally doable.
Couldn't be happier....well, except for the pimpin 20" rims.
Don't really want.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, no Popeyes?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl:

That's not a lot of food. I'd probably feel weak if that's all I ate. According to a free online calorie calculator, I need 2596 calories to maintain my weight. Which I'm not trying to do, but not trying real hard to lose another 10-15 pounds either. I have some room in the diet area, but I already ride a shit ton as is. Starting to see the veins in my legs which says something since I'm ginger Sasquatch hairy.

Anyhoo, good for ya Eric, keep it up !
A college buddy of mine seems to have gotten sucked into some weightloss/smoothie cult/pyramid scheme. He lost a bunch of weight but looks sickly. Anyway he tried luring in a bunch of us into his cult/pyramid scheme. The opening email started with something like "lose weight with no lifestyle change, just stop eating drinking anything other than this crap". All my friends are raging assholes and the resulting e-mail chain was fucking hilarious. What made it more fun was the guy kept to the script. He will be tormented for this until every last one of us dies.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Bought the silverado!
They gave me $8k for the 150, which needs a $7k repair. It is THRASHED.
My payments are $220 month.
Totally doable.
Couldn't be happier....well, except for the pimpin 20" rims.
Don't really want.
Just find a less than suitable neighborhood to park in. Someone will take those rims off your hands in no time.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
A college buddy of mine seems to have gotten sucked into some weightloss/smoothie cult/pyramid scheme. He lost a bunch of weight but looks sickly. Anyway he tried luring in a bunch of us into his cult/pyramid scheme. The opening email started with something like "lose weight with no lifestyle change, just stop eating drinking anything other than this crap".
Sounds like a lifestyle change to me. Guy has trouble with critical thinking, eh? I guess falling into the pyramid thing would go right along with that...