behind the viewfinder
Del said:
Current random five songs queued up for play:

Planned Obsolescence by 10,000 Maniacs
Pithecanthropus Erectus by Charles Mingus
Venus by Television
Náo Vá Se Perder Por Ai by Os Mutantes
Rock & Roll Hymn by Kevin Coyne
quite a list. what's kevin coyne like? you wanna sendspace me that mp3?

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
The Silent Night-Dream Theater. Great band, if any of you haven't heard of them, definately check them out. They have a huge variety of sound, from heavy progressive metal to acoustic pop sounding songs that still sound Dream Theater..ish.

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
mack said:
wild pack of family dogs- modest mouse

EDIT: now.. 1979- smashing pumpkins
yaaa for Modest Mouse and Smashing Pumpkins, i also listen to Elliot Smith, Pearl Jam, Heatmiser, DMB, Red hot Chili peppers(new album), bob dylan, bob marley, Tom petty, and the list goes on and on

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Last five tracks:

Waitress in the Sky byThe Replacements
Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden
Mother & Child Reunion by Paul Simon
Big Sky by the Kinks
Jesus & Tequila by The Minutemen

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
nice tunes! :thumb:
You cant really be a music afficianado if you dont recognize Iron Maiden as the pinnacle of rock music. In 500 years, its all anyone will care about:clue:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BurlyShirley said:
You cant really be a music afficianado if you dont recognize Iron Maiden as the pinnacle of rock music. In 500 years, its all anyone will care about:clue:
Nah that would be Judas Priest. However Iron Maiden do get honourable mention....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
i'm sure i'll get some smelly hippy pestering me about the dead, too. they suck even worse than iron maiden, of whom i can tolerate a few songs.

pinnacle?

:rofl:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
i'm sure i'll get some smelly hippy pestering me about the dead, too. they suck even worse than iron maiden, of whom i can tolerate a few songs.

pinnacle?

:rofl:
The dead are dead. And Im glad. A couple "groovy" tunes I guess, but nothing to write home about. Hallowed Be Thy Name is probably the best song in the history of music, rivaled only by Phantom of the Opera. Those songs are truly epic. I dont know of anything that compares.
I doubt you've ever listened to either. Do a download I GUARANTEE you will be impressed.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
btw, how'd those PF boots treat you?
Oh great by the way and thank you alot. There's still some of it I really havent dug into but Im saving it for one of "those" nights.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BurlyShirley said:
I like Judas Priest, but Maiden really is on another level. Really.

I liked maiden until I saw them. They sucked live. Bruce Dickinson in zebra skin tights and Steve Harris' 30 minute bass solo was way to spinal tap for me.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
i've got "phantom of the opera" on now, and i can just think of one guy:

but i dug Spinal Tap, and this isn't bad.
:)
Supposedly (Ive heard) Spinal Tap is supposed to be a parody of Iron Maiden. So thats not surprising.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
jdcamb said:
I liked maiden until I saw them. They sucked live. Bruce Dickinson in zebra skin tights and Steve Harris' 30 minute bass solo was way to spinal tap for me.
I saw them live a year ago and the sound was bad, so I cant really say for sure. They seemed pretty good, but I couldnt hear the solos and alot of the vocals (Ozzfest Crap) and left a bit disappointed. Still a great memory tho.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
jdcamb said:

you have got to be kidding me.

i saw maiden last year and it was BY FAR the best show ive ever seen. blew metallica away, and metallica puts on a serious show.