Quantcast

What are your goals for 2010?

johnnypop

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
San Jose/Santa Barbara
Go Big or Go Home! Hoping to get enough races in to bump up to Cat 1 before I move up an age group in 2011. This will be my second 'season' of racing, I got 3 races in last year... Not including a couple at Northstar. Also hoping to buy a new truck by the end of this coming year, that'll make for a fun 2011 season since I'll be able to put in some serious miles to get to more races.

Northstar Livewire race... It was cold as he11 that day!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
My main goal is to create more order in my life.
Someone somewhere at USAC inexplicably gave me a pro xc upgrade- I'm hoping that living out a childhood fantasy might make it easier to leave the office to train a little more.
Actually having motivation to race for the first time since '05 will be great. Having new prototype DH bikes done and ridable by mid summer is going to be good motivation to race BMX more this spring than normal, abd getting a bunch of my friends from around the Northeast to move out here and work at the ole bike company is just going to be fun...
I also really want to help one of my good friends and teamamtes win the Fitchburg Longslo stage race in Cat2 on the road. I'm old and decrepit, but at least I can kill myself at the right place at the right time to do work for others!

Summary;
I want to have more fun. I want to work less, but more efficently, and I want to cuddle.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Are you moving up a class/CAT? If so what class?
Just staying in Cat 1, trying to podium.

What are your big plans for the new year and season?
Off season training, and this year actually not stop training once the season starts...bad move last year ha. Road trip to Windham WC and Champs at St. Anne!

I suck at railing berms, trying to fix that.
Top 20 at the US Open AM class.
Go riding somewhere every weekend.
Have fun at races and do well.

Last edited:

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
'10 goals... I'd like to do a race or two, could be a DH or Super D, either way I'd like to show up and skid around a bit while I sandbag the sport class. I also need to get the hell out of dodge and ride some new trails, we are surrounded by 3 or 4 big mountains all within 30 mins but I need to get much further away. There will be extra emphasis on that one as for the first time in 6 years I can't get away to ride somewhere dry this winter. I'd also like to look after my diet a bit more... 4 cans of monster and 6 beer everyday can't be helping me!

Man I wish I would get off my ass and work on a new trail. Something rolling but burly that would be rad on my 6" bike and really make those fools on DH bikes suffer. Maybe this is the year?

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
4 cans of monster and 6 beer everyday can't be helping me!
For the same calories as those 4 monsters, you could drink almost 12 more beers. No doubt you'd feel more awesome after drinking an 18 than the monster beer combo

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
For the same calories as those 4 monsters, you could drink almost 12 more beers. No doubt you'd feel more awesome after drinking an 18 than the monster beer combo

That does make a lot of sense... You're not helping me with my goals though!

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
Moving up to Pro this year

Goal:

-to make a full recovery from my reconstructive shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago and be on my bike sometime in April.

-Race atleast at the same level as this previous season, hopefully within top 12 pro in east coast races

-finally get a new bike

-have a wicked fun season kickin it and camping at races as we did in 09.

-not get any tickets driving to races (shouldnt be a problem pulling the camper this year)

oh yea and to beat jack in every race by 10 seconds haha.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Ill be staying put in sport, mabey 1/2 way though the season depending on how im doing

Im seeing a trainer for the first time instead of mindless going to the gym not knowing what im doing. he's a rider to so he knows the points to get at. its generally just get into shape training but hes throwing in a few more things to help with riding.

this season was my first back after 3 years. my goal is to get back into elite, which i was very far off of this year. mainly have a solid year, no injurys like i had this year and get back on form to what i had a few years ago

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey

Diablos senior AM

Want to win the series again and US open indycross, hope for top 10 DH.

Same as plans

Also post a picture of you riding from this season to spice up the thread a bit.

Good thread, Josh!

Goals for the 2010 Season:

Guess it depends where I'm going to spend my summer (California / Vancouver):
If Cali, try to win/podium some Cat. 1 CCCX DH races on my new DH rig (was doing them on a 6'' bike before). Maybe move up and race the boys in Semi/Pro if the season's going well. Class be damned though, the biggest goal is to just get faster! Maybe hit up some Northstar races too.
If Van, try and do as many races as possible up here (BC Cup, grassroots ones, Whistler 4 Queens, Ned's race). Definitely would like to do some epic all mountainy races on my Enduro, but hope to put the new Demo to good use as much as possible :P Forget what the classes are up here, but senior men 19-29 one step under Elite/Pro, I think they call it Cat. 1 too?

Training wise, I just plan to hit the gym lots and put my Whistler pass to good use :-) Maybe pedal indoors every once in a while, but that's boring.
First I have to rehab knee injury from opening weekend snowboarding at Whistler though..
Might actually start James' MTB Strength Training program. I've seen lots of gains doing my own programs with personal trainer friends, but I'd like to build in some more stability and injury-prevention

Requisite picture(s): one race, one fun at Whistler

Attachments

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
2010 is my first year racing in Vets. Hopefull to make it onto the podium a few times and find someone to start a good rivalry with.

Most importantly, after the bloodbath that was the 2009 season for our crew - no more hospital trips.

Pic of my tubby butt getting off the ground...

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Moving up a class? Not really - won't be doing much "real" racing other than Phat Wednesdays (and maybe a couple at Crankworx) until next October. Hopefully be somewhat competitive in Elite when I get home.

Big plans: 100 days on the hill at Whistler (got about 80 this year), 400 laps (270 this year). Get some fitness. Learn how to do flatties. Improve jumping in general. Ride more places in BC outside Whistler (Sun Peaks again for sure, Pemby, Squamish, maybe North Shore, Kicking Horse would be sweet too). New frame soon hopefully.

Goals: <15:00 Garbanzo race run (if it's sort of dryish at least), top 10 at a Phast Wednesday race (seriously not gonna happen, too many stupid-fast people there), hit all the hard lines on Goats Gully fast, see if it's possible to gap the two rollers on Original Sin beside the Shalemaster. 1:02 from Original Sin sign to fireroad crossing (Mark Beaumont's race run time, best I've managed so far is 1:06). Gap the Dirt Merchant drop. Secret line on Schleyer that I've been eyeing but never had the balls to try (and a similar one on Upper Joyride). Clear the HB creek gap without blowing my rear wheel to bits. Find even more ridiculous "Aussie lines".

Pic, blah:

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I'm training and will enter my first race at Angelfire this spring. Probably try cat 2 and we'll see what happens. I need to work on jumping and lose some weight.

I'm going to NOT do this again:

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Going to be my second year in Pro.

Mostly my goals are to have a better season then 2009. Breaking my hand, concussions, separated shoulders...not too fun! But mostly, my biggest goal is to see a podium, but I'll be content with top 10 at some events.

I've been training my a$$ off so far and hopefully that will pay off. Plus got a new bike and some good sponsors for this year!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not really sure. Going to try and start racing local DH and if I can find any, Super-D. I'll probably start in sport (what Cat is that?) and see how I do there.

Planning a Whistler trip, riding Downieville 2-3x this season. Getting a trainer once I get my bonus, so my roadie is getting set up in the living room so I can get in 200 miles/week.

Get comfortable racing and riding agressively again. Maybe get a podium or two?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
My goal is to win a world cup!

A bit lofty, perhaps. But I've always been told to set my goals high. :thumb:

But in reality, maybe I'll get a Norba license and race Cat 1. Maybe I won't. I'd like to follow the entire GES series while living in my car. Awfully expensive though as I wouldn't be working all summer. So that is a no go.

I want to go to Whistler in June and then to Northstar in October for collegiate Nats. That's it.

Craig...didn't Motomike make it pretty clear that you won't go to nationals...ever? I was a bit engulfed in the spirits but I seem to recall that.

Next year is gonna be fun. I probably won't race any NORBA's, but I'll be racing pro at snowshoe races and local stuff. It would be nice to get a few podiums or a win. Also working with some folks to try to open the first successful DH/FR bike park in NC and put on a sick race series. My main goal is to be building, riding, and racing on the sickest trails in the east.

Top 10 D1 at collegiate nationals would be nice as well.

Edit for picture, just keepin it real for the ladies:

Last edited:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Craig...didn't Motomike make it pretty clear that you won't go to nationals...ever? I was a bit engulfed in the spirits but I seem to recall that.
Some more than others, yes. But I'd like to see the plans he has set forth to stop me. Adding $400 toward lodging the day I was to book a flight would certainly work again.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Some more than others, yes. But I'd like to see the plans he has set forth to stop me. Adding $400 toward lodging the day I was to book a flight would certainly work again.

Gotta pay to play Craig. Trivette must've been crazy to tell everyone that lodging was "covered". That was never the case.

Scotty The Dark Horse Phillips says he will NOT miss another nationals. Watch out.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Gotta pay to play Craig. Trivette must've been crazy to tell everyone that lodging was "covered". That was never the case.

Scotty The Dark Horse Phillips says he will NOT miss another nationals. Watch out.

I am well aware of this, but when my costs suddenly raise $400 (so from around $500 up to $900) then things change. Money doesn't grow on trees as many I'm sure know.

I'm glad Scott will be at Nationals. I'm sure he will destroy any course around, whether it's on the east coast or the west. We have a strong team now, but that can change in the next few years. You always preach about how important new incoming freshman are to the team, yet I've never seen you or your exclusive "clique" ride with the new guys on the team, let alone acknowledge their existence. Hell, I've ridden with them more this semester than I've gotten to ride with you guys over the past 1.5 years despite the fact that you and I both know I'm always down to ride or dig.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I am well aware of this, but when my costs suddenly raise $400 (so from around $500 up to $900) then things change. Money doesn't grow on trees as many I'm sure know.

I'm glad Scott will be at Nationals. I'm sure he will destroy any course around, whether it's on the east coast or the west. We have a strong team now, but that can change in the next few years. You always preach about how important new incoming freshman are to the team, yet I've never seen you or your exclusive "clique" ride with the new guys on the team, let alone acknowledge their existence. Hell, I've ridden with them more this semester than I've gotten to ride with you guys over the past 1.5 years despite the fact that you and I both know I'm always down to ride or dig.
Mueller, Folsom...take it to face to face conversation. Save the thread. :D

fortenndu, ignore it. That's silly chatter. You're from the northeast where the whining is mutliplied to the 10th power after all.

My goals:
Bust my butt at work all winter long to make 2010 easier to race. Oh, and it's always a hope and prayer to go to Whistler. But with a wife, 3 & 5 year olds, I just priced tickets for 4 to Vancouver from here and it's $3100!!!! So maybe my goal will involve DRIVING to Colorado and getting in something epic with the family there. :shocked:GEEZ!!!

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
My goals are to enjoy riding my bike and not to ride with Folsom any this year. :D I am trying to get the new generation out some though, they seem pretty legit!

Butch: Check on flying into seattle and renting a car, might be cheaper if you wanted to rent a car anyways...I find seattle tickets for about 350 round trip out of greensboro and charlotte all the time on kayak.com! Also, think about flying out of clt, johnson city, or greensboro, a little drive but it may be a lot cheaper.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
One of my goals is to have over 250 race the Whiteface 5 K DH on Sunday September 12, 2010.
Another goal would be to have some teams and top downhillers train at the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park and live at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid.

USAC members get great deals on food and lodging at the OTC's (Olympic Training Center). I think there are still 3 OTC's in the country, San Diego, Colorado Springs and Lake Placid. Each summer we have the Chinese Speed Skating Team stay and train here. Time for some downhillers to take advantage of this facility.

Hope you don't mind a promoter & his goals chiming in on this thread.

Last edited:

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Learn to do proper full motto whips.
Learn to do tabletops and get bike flat.
Get better at riding and carrying speed in the wet sloppy ****.
build some stuff in my back garden.

go to france for a week
Go to whistler for a few weeks.
race in whistler.

get fitter,
dont get hurt.
enjoy racing even more

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Some updates for me, I ended up getting my hands on a proto Tomac dirt jumper / 4x frame. Its called the Cartel X. Should hopefully have that built soon for a dj/pump track bike.

I also started training and dropping some weight. I have now lost 11lbs. Hopefully I can keep that up. I also started riding again after getting hit by another car on my road bike. I am done on that thing. I seem to get hurt more often on that than my DH bike.

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
Some updates for me, I ended up getting my hands on a proto Tomac dirt jumper / 4x frame. Its called the Cartel X. Should hopefully have that built soon for a dj/pump track bike.

I also started training and dropping some weight. I have now lost 11lbs. Hopefully I can keep that up. I also started riding again after getting hit by another car on my road bike. I am done on that thing. I seem to get hurt more often on that than my DH bike.

I am not looking forward to the day you have that bike built up - that will mean seeing it another 60 times.

you and Bullcrew need to form a focus group. P.O.M.B.A. (Pictures Of My Bike Anonymous)