Quantcast

What did you get for X-mas that is bike related?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, my wife made me post this. I had to put my bike by the tree so I had soemthing there...an AVY DHS...And yes, I tried it out a bit and man all I can say is PLUSH!!!

And remember, SHE made me post this...

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
2.35 nevgals for my trail bike, lock on grips, giga pipe DH bb,
some breake cables, NWD6, new pair of vans

ohh and 100ft of rope for the new roller coaster stunt im building ;)

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I got a new flash, thats pretty much the only bike related thing, got a snowboard bag, 2 gloves, 3 mittens, DC lab snowboard vid, jacket, FLANNEL!, and some other stuff. But I didnt ask for much, and im super happy w/ that flash!

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
On the snowboard forum I go to people are SOOO spoiled look at this:
06 rome agent: $250 or so
06 cartels: $150 or so
ten shirts: Over $100
Nissan Altima: Way too much
Poker Set: 80 or so?
Season Pass: 250-500
Outer Wear: prolly 300

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
pretty much my only gift was a crighton snowbike, so it was kind of a low-key christmas for my family but i am totally happy with it.
merrrrjig said:
On the snowboard forum I go to people are SOOO spoiled look at this
i think spoiled is really a relative term. because otherwise that means that anyone whose parents are quite well off is spoiled. people who have more money for any reason or another can afford more things to give out. hey, if your family had the same amount of money most of you would probably get similar presents. i think spoiled kids are those who demand everything from their parents and throw a complete fit if they do not get whatever they want. i know plenty of kids who are rich but are totally thankful for everything they get, they are most certainly not spoiled. i think people who wish they could have got those things are just jealous and call the kid spoiled.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
i had a 103deg. fever and couldnt make the drive from school so i got nothing.....probally would have ended up with some socks anyways...hopefully grandma will send some $ so i can get those moto payments a little lower...it kills me sitting in the rain paying intrest and not being able to ride...i think im gonna get myself a bigbore kit for the minibike...oh yea the g/f got me a subscription to twmx....

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
wydopen said:
i had a 103deg. fever and couldnt make the drive from school so i got nothing.....probally would have ended up with some socks anyways...hopefully grandma will send some $ so i can get those moto payments a little lower...it kills me sitting in the rain paying intrest and not being able to ride...i think im gonna get myself a bigbore kit for the minibike...oh yea the g/f got me a subscription to twmx....
Just be happy you get to ride around this time, the winter is nothing but craziness for me, no bikes, lots of video games, getting fat.....

Dan

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
rockymt21 said:
Just be happy you get to ride around this time, the winter is nothing but craziness for me, no bikes, lots of video games, getting fat.....

Dan
dude im so out of shape right now its not even funny...i went from lifting 2hrs a day to sitting on my ass for the last 7 months havent riden a mtb sence mammoth which i totally blew and crashed my brains out multiple times in the last easy sections after having the best run of my life in the top sections...i hurt my wrist and ankle at SO and toughed it out all summer riding dh but not lifting and then i hurt my other wrist as soon as the other got better...my moto pants wont even button but ive lost weight and its not fat...i feel like sh^t

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
PAMS 25 said:

sweet I got earthed 2 but ordered 3 can't wait

loved the 2nd one

Also watched synopsis, man that music killed it in my opnion, i could not bear some sections.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
STEEP LAND !!! and three good experienced trailbuilding friends to help me develop on it.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
wydopen said:
dude im so out of shape right now its not even funny...i went from lifting 2hrs a day to sitting on my ass for the last 7 months havent riden a mtb sence mammoth which i totally blew and crashed my brains out multiple times in the last easy sections after having the best run of my life in the top sections...i hurt my wrist and ankle at SO and toughed it out all summer riding dh but not lifting and then i hurt my other wrist as soon as the other got better...my moto pants wont even button but ive lost weight and its not fat...i feel like sh^t
damn man, you got problems.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
yeah, santa may drop off cool toys, but he can't take away excess bodyfat now can he ?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
santa didnt drop off sh%t and im fat as a pig...i went from a 6pack to four rolls of blubber....its ok i was in the same boat last year at this time...this is when i hit the gym hard...hopefully i can stay healthy this season

check out the my profile shot from SO when i was in shape...im about 1/2 the size now unfortunatly but i ride spds now so im faster anyways:)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
your crackin me up. and how about all the kiddies who got d.h.loot from their folks ? that's cool and all, but that doesn't always mean they'll know what to do with it.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
f 'em i dont even have a dh bike right now but i guess i did jack the old man for the dh bike i sold...i borrowed the $ for the frame and didnt pay him back in full...oh well i guess i gotta save my pennies for my new ride:rolleyes:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My mom got me a trip to Whistler this summer, which should be really cool. My mom, sister, and a good friend of mine are all going. I bought myself a Porter Frame, a TLD Moto X helmet, and a new cell phone. My grandmother also gve me some magazines and $100.

I think I enjoyed the time with my family more than most. I'm only 16 and like across the country from my family. So I don't care what I get, as long as my mom and siter are there.

As for the gifts I gave, I bought my sister a poker set, a shocking pen(joke), a Burton sweatshirt, and a bottle of crystal champaign.
My mom, I got her a new cell phone and upgraded her plan, and a set of new house phones, one base and 2 portables.
I got my moms boyfriend a gift card to a local store he likes,
and my best friend, I got him a really kick ass multi-tool, and a giftcard to the LBS.

I spent alot of money, but it's all worth it. My wallet is pretty sad though.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I got a new cell phone to replace the broken one I inherited from my wife.

I also got the new Saint thumb shifter and a pair of 06 Rockgardn Landing zone knee/shins.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
wydopen said:
f 'em i dont even have a dh bike right now but i guess i did jack the old man for the dh bike i sold...i borrowed the $ for the frame and didnt pay him back in full...oh well i guess i gotta save my pennies for my new ride:rolleyes:

Oh man you cracking me up, get on the dirtbike instead of the gym:devil: :thumb:
I had to sell both my bike dh and dj/street to buy one nice dh bike and i don't regret it at all
cheers

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
ThePriceSeliger said:
My mom got me a trip to Whistler this summer, which should be really cool. My mom, sister, and a good friend of mine are all going. I bought myself a Porter Frame, a TLD Moto X helmet, and a new cell phone. My grandmother also gve me some magazines and $100.

I think I enjoyed the time with my family more than most. I'm only 16 and like across the country from my family. So I don't care what I get, as long as my mom and siter are there.

As for the gifts I gave, I bought my sister a poker set, a shocking pen(joke), a Burton sweatshirt, and a bottle of crystal champaign.
My mom, I got her a new cell phone and upgraded her plan, and a set of new house phones, one base and 2 portables.
I got my moms boyfriend a gift card to a local store he likes,
and my best friend, I got him a really kick ass multi-tool, and a giftcard to the LBS.

I spent alot of money, but it's all worth it. My wallet is pretty sad though.

Very true way to go

You'll love the tld helmet i have one and even though it was expensive as hell it was worth. i used it at over 25 moto-x races and it still looks mint

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA

Got this and ODI Ruffians for Xmas, and I got a Perf trainer, front wheel block and computer so I can use the commuter bike to whip myself back into shape this winter. Don't want the kiddies at Whistler making me look too old this summer.