Quantcast

What do you think is the best board game of all time?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, Chess and Risk are pretty good, but i'm gonna have to stick with Scrabble :)

Mouse trap was pretty awesome as well, and you can't forget hungry hungry hippo!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
1 vs 1: Chess or GNIP GNOP
Family: Scrabble, Monopoly or Life
Against friends that I love to see LOSE BADLY: Risk

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Axis and Allies is a great game, but it takes forever to finish a game and you need a place where you can leave the game set up (and no cats!).

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah I don't have a problem with that, I have played countless games of risk and I have a really long attention span for games like that. I just don't want to get stuck with Russia lol.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Risk is just cool.

GO is a complete mind f**K. It is so simple, but so friggin' complex a the same time. It is sort of like reverse chess. In chess the object is to control territory and capture pieces. In GO, you are working to gain control over empty space. The replay value of GO is unmatched - even by chess (Go is a couple thousand years older as a game).

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Stock Market-- We'd start playing, and after about an hour or so, we'd be logging our $$$ down on a separate sheet of paper since we'd be out of enough play money. Nothing like thinking we'd be giving Trump or Gates a run at the richest man title!!!