Quantcast

What Happened to Chumba Wumba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I went by the shop today in Anaheim, Ca to get a bushing replaced on my F4 and they are gone! No sign reading, "moved to..." nothing. I called their # and got a voice message for Ted, (the owner) instead of the old bike beat message. Their website says nothing, anyone have any info?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Not sure, they're still around. I'm suppose to have my bike for SuperD in about a week, it's at the paint shop now. If ya emailed him, I'm sure you'll get a response.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Following in the footsteps of go-ride they have relocated, I don't have the new address, I'm waiting to get it, but they literally just finsihed moving, they are in the process of booting equipement up as we speak. I'll post the new address when i get it from Ted

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
yeah I dont know what jesus has to do with it or what he would think about a DH shop.

I think I would picture him on a feather-light roadie with a sparkly aura and handlebar streamers

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
dhtahoe said:
He found Jesus from what Shaums told me. No I'm being serious.
Hmm, I didn't know that Ted went to prison. That is where Jesus is, at least that is where everbody else seems to find him.

Thanks for the adress Zutroy.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
He probably needed a bigger shop, not only does he still make some of the fastest DH rigs on the planet, Ted makes custom car parts for guy's like Jesse James. Have CNC, will travel!

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
dhtahoe said:
No just the opposite. He found Jesus from what Shaums told me. No I'm being serious.
Since when has 'finding jesus' been the opposite of 'strung out on drugs'. From people I know they can be the exact same thing.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dlb said:
He probably needed a bigger shop, not only does he still make some of the fastest DH rigs on the planet, Ted makes custom car parts for guy's like Jesse James. Have CNC, will travel!

Yeah he did, more power was the biggest problem, they were maxed out on AMPs at the old location. Was at the new shop last weekend it's coming together nicely. Also most have my Chumba Mamba together to use for fun riding and SuperD, I'll post some pics when i have her all together.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
does anyone have a brake adaptor for the floating brake? mine has the 90mm 20mm hayes spacing. or does anyone have a floating brake or the mount w/ the international standard spacing that they dont need? they havent made one ever since i first asked them in november or something.

also anyone want an f4 mrp chainguide that's never been used?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
bizutch said:
so are they up to like....what 20 customers now? :D

He actually sells more bikes a year than i thought they did, but that's not there only business just a fun side company more than anything.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Its actually my black socks and TLD helmet that make it fast. I can't say much for the bike besides it looks cool, but we'll see how fast my massive body can get the bike going from pure weighted inertia.

Dan

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Aztomac said:
The owner is a devout christian who attends Newsong church in Irvine, I highly doubt that he is "...strung out on drugs" :rolleyes:
I highly doubt you have a sense of humor or a sense of sarcasm. :)

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Does anyone know if the number on the Chumba site is still the number to call? I called it and it sounded like it was someones house?

Thanks, Dan

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
rockymt21 said:
Does anyone know if the number on the Chumba site is still the number to call? I called it and it sounded like it was someones house?

Thanks, Dan
Think it still is, best bet is to email and ask. Ted usually checks email daily from my experience

torrent

Chimp
Feb 1, 2002
ya he emails back fast, and u will love your f4 best dh bike I have had the chance to experance.

Status
Not open for further replies.