Quantcast

$what is the Color of your credit card$?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My wife's card says AIDS on it real big. I think it's some kind of charity kickback, but i always laugh at it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I got an application for an Anne Geddes credit card the other day. It had a baby with a felt flower around its head.

I think I'm going to apply for it... and buy one of these for my car at the same time:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think MBNA should offer a ridemonkey.com credit card. You can earn rep and monkey credits as you spend money. My wife would have the most rep on ridemonkey.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ruby? Amex Starwood
Platinum - Alaska Visa
Just use them for points, we're paying for our honeymoon with points from the Amex and the flight from points on a United Card. Wedding pays for the honeymoon, gotta love it.

We pay in full every month though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Is "none" a color?
discipline through no plastic? i think credit is great - as S.S. puts it, companies loan you money for a month for free!

as you long as you only spend what you have they're a great tool. i get 5% cash back* on my amex blue cash (er, clear), and something like 3% on my citi dividend select platinum. no annual fees, and APR can lick my harbl since i pay off the bill in full each month.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
discipline through no plastic? i think credit is great - as S.S. puts it, companies loan you money for a month for free!

as you long as you only spend what you have they're a great tool. i get 5% cash back* on my amex blue cash (er, clear), and something like 3% on my citi dividend select platinum. no annual fees, and APR can lick my harbl since i pay off the bill in full each month.
I have been without a credit card for nearly 5 years now. I have a PayPal debit card that gives cash back and my USAA debit pays me back all the ATM fees other banks charge at the end of the month, so it's like getting cash back.

Besides the wifes car and my student loans, that's a the debt I have. I'm cool with that.

I might get a card soon because I need to bump my score a bit before we buy a house. But cash has seemed to work well for me, so I haven't NEEDED a card.