Quantcast

What is this Screamo crap?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I just heard possibly the worst **** ever. Its called screamo, and its a bunch of acne challenged teanagers screaming to an annoying beat. Think of it as a totally lame spin off the March of the Pigs. :nuts:

People at my school wear these patches of Screamo bands, and then give me **** for a Tool t shirt. Jesus christ, what has the world come to? :think:

bodycheck131

Chimp
Oct 14, 2004
mack said:
I just heard possibly the worst **** ever. Its called screamo, and its a bunch of acne challenged teanagers screaming to an annoying beat. Think of it as a totally lame spin off the March of the Pigs. :nuts:

People at my school wear these patches of Screamo bands, and then give me **** for a Tool t shirt. Jesus christ, what has the world come to? :think:[/Q}

The girls at my school all started listening to that too, they have it on their ipods along with their Britney spears and usher. :rolleyes:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
bradical said:
This guy has pretty much no idea what screamo is.

Sounds like I'm not missing much?
I asked about Alexisonfire because i remembered seeing the band name at school. Probably on some fat chicks back pack. :blah:

Underoath seams to be pretty screamo. Id dont really know much about this crap music other than they play it allot on MTV type networks. Crappy bands like My Chemical Romance and The Used. :nope:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
mack said:
Underoath seams to be pretty screamo. Id dont really know much about this crap music other than they play it allot on MTV type networks. Crappy bands like My Chemical Romance and The Used. :nope:
Hahaha, y'all are 'bout to start hating on me, but I'm kinda over it. I definitely listen to screamo. Finch, Underoath, Funeral for a Friend, Alexisonfire, Senses Fail, Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold, Matchbook Romance... yeah, I listen to all those bands. But I don't wear girl jeans! :cool:

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
If you consider them "screamo", I like Glassjaw, and some Finch songs, namely Worms of the Earth. I don't mind Sparta, either. Don't rule out bands because someone lumps them into a genre you don't identify with. Gotta go on a case by case basis, y'know. Of course, some people are really down with being a part of a specific scene, so they're naturally inclined to dislike stuff that comes from outside their little circle.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Enginerd A2 said:
Of course, some people are really down with being a part of a specific scene, so they're naturally inclined to dislike stuff that comes from outside their little circle.
Dito. Pretty much all the people at my school. :mumble:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Why can't people just accept different music tastes. I for one hate "screamo" but I have friends who like it. I mostly like Trance, electronic, hip hop, trip hop, indie rock and some other stuff. I don;t understand why people latch onto either being into rap or punk. It's like they feal very insecure about themselves and it gives them an identity. :mumble:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
No, i like all music. Or at least my musical tastes are very wide, except i cant stand Rap or Screamo. The only 'rap' i like is hip hop stuff like Jurrasic 5. Mellow and no "bitch this and bitch that"

It is really true about the identity part, i see it allot at my school. Wearing converse all stars and black bags with pins all over them, it is very funny. Some of them wear bow collars. :nuts:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
mack said:
No, i like all music. Or at least my musical tastes are very wide, except i cant stand Rap or Screamo. The only 'rap' i like is hip hop stuff like Jurrasic 5. Mellow and no "bitch this and bitch that"

It is really true about the identity part, i see it allot at my school. Wearing converse all stars and black bags with pins all over them, it is very funny. Some of them wear bow collars. :nuts:
So far you seem to have very good taste imo, jurrasic 5 is awesome, you'de like sweatshop union. I'm the same when I say rap I mean real rap, ie jurrasic 5, roots manuva, k-os is pretty good to. There's alot of good rappers but none are really main stream crapo.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I like scremo a lot. Actually its probably my current favorite type of music. The fact is, people are gonna like the music they like whether you like it or not, and chances are they dont care that you go home and complain about how much their music "sucks" on your mountain biking forum. I think screamo is a really cool genre of music in which right now there is a lot of talent in. I think that its good that kids like their own kinda music and support the bands they like, whether that means goin to shows, or buyin shirts. Its all rock and roll, and rock and roll dont give a crap about what you or I think

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
chicodude01 said:
Just like you.

People have opinions on what they like. You like tool. I think they suck major ass. To each his own.
Seriously, how can you think Tool "sucks major ass"? Maybe they aren't your style, but suck major ass? Have you ever actually taken the time to listen to them? Your musical taste has been called into question.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Enginerd A2 said:
Seriously, how can you think Tool "sucks major ass"? Maybe they aren't your style, but suck major ass? Have you ever actually taken the time to listen to them? Your musical taste has been called into question.

Your attempt to judge my musical taste, DENIED.

IMHO which is just that, My opinion. Did you even read my post?

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
My problem with a lot of this new music is that the "musicians" just put some chords through a computer and it comes out as "music." And then they try to play live and realize that they "the Musicians" have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Thats why I like older rock like Led Zeppelin and Hendrix. Tool is an awesome band, but im still with Led Zeppelin as the Greatest rock group ever.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
=[Stinky]= said:
'Bullet In Your Head' Would be a good cover of rage for 50 to do.
What? NO! What is wrong with you people?!?! Don't let 50 Cent ruin music any more than he already has! NO RAGE COVERS!!!