Quantcast

What kind of beer is in your fridge right now?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Check the best before date if it's on sale, but enjoy! In the UK it's nickname is 'Wife Beater' due to it having a strangely disproportionate alcoholic effect. Also see where yours was brewed, they brew it all over these days and the tastes are noticably different. The genuine Belgian and UK versions are my favourites. The UK version has a slightly harder taste, and the Belgian one is soft and round. Other versions seem to be inbetween. I think I've had most of them now.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
narlus said:
wonky is brit slang; i'm sure changeleen or fluff can expound about it at length.
wonky= not straight, but not in a sexual way. Like if you put up a shelf and it's not straight, it's wonky. In this case it's referring to the mouth - in practical use you might say someone has a wonky smile, which might imply they are smiling with a hint of apprehension or nervousness. Or maybe some serious facial scarring.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
We utilize wonky quite a bit in magazinery. It's a great term.

I drank this last night after a quick 20-mi road spin that involved a few swallowed bugs. Needed something to wash them down. :dead:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Growlers!

l-r: 2-liter bottle of Kolsch from OB Brewing (Nags Head, NC) and 1-liter bottles of Weeping Radish (Manteo, NC) Alt Bier, Weizen, and Black Radish (a dark lager in the Munich Dunkles style).

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BikeGeek said:
Growlers!

l-r: 2-liter bottle of Kolsch from OB Brewing (Nags Head, NC) and 1-liter bottles of Weeping Radish (Manteo, NC) Alt Bier, Weizen, and Black Radish (a dark lager in the Munich Dunkles style).

Iwant I want I want (repeat ad nausium)..........:love: :drool:

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
A bottle of Unibroue's #15, a bottle of Lefthand's Twin Sisters Double IPA and bottle of Flying Dog's Wild Dog.

Picking up some Tequilla tonight because I'm in the mood for a nice STRONG margarita :) but that's not going in the fridge.....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Check the best before date if it's on sale, but enjoy! In the UK it's nickname is 'Wife Beater' due to it having a strangely disproportionate alcoholic effect. Also see where yours was brewed, they brew it all over these days and the tastes are noticably different. The genuine Belgian and UK versions are my favourites. The UK version has a slightly harder taste, and the Belgian one is soft and round. Other versions seem to be inbetween. I think I've had most of them now.
Didn't check the dates, didn't beat my wife (don't have a wife), don't care where it was brewed. It was good.

Then last night I was at the Anacappa brewery and tried one of everything they had on tap. 8 pints later I was a much happier man.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Oh......another Hef. Yeah, I'm kinda predictable that way. They're just good, dammit!! :cheers:

My wife broke the Blue Moon glass, SkaredShtles.......must be your lucky day.

Oh yeah.......the muffin was good too......

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux last night (goddamn amazing...I'm picking up 6 bottles of it tomorrow, I never used to be able to get it here) and Alaskan smoked porter tonight.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Theakston Old Peculiar, Full Sale Amber, Full Sail Wassail, Pyramid Hefe, some pumpkin ale the missus just bought, and a few cans of Extra Old Stock left over from Whistler trips.

stinkydawg

Chimp
Oct 10, 2006
Currently in my fridge...
Hoegaarden is by far one of the best Belgian beers I have drank....used to live about 20 minutes from the Belguim/Germany border and at least 2x a week, I'd head over and grab a rack of Hoegaarden....LOVE IT...good choice

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Several of each of the following:

Rogue Mocha Porter
Sea Dog Hazelnut Porter
Dogfish 60 Minute IPA
a 22 oz bottle of Harpoon Frankenfest which I'll be downing tonight
And the remnants of a Boulder Brewing 12 pack mix

I also have a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade that's been sitting in my mini fridge since last year's Super Bowl. Anyone want it?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tupper Hop Pocket and a Dogfish 90 minute. It has reached that time of year that the beer is stored in the cupboard and not in the fridge, at least the good beer.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Sucking back a Lost Abbey Red Barn ale right now. It's good, but it's no Dupont.

Thankfully, I've got a couple of those in the fridge for tomorrow...

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
Grrrr....I had some Magners irish cider in the fridge but the GF took them. Now im left with corona and ...bud light... those will be here for a while, but then again they were free so i wont complain. Off to BevMo for more good beerz.
JP

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Mmmm, hording a nice beverage supply in the garage for the holiday seasons. But in the fridge I have 3 Ithaca Beer Nut Browns, and 2 Ithaca Beer Pale Ales, and 5 Sam Adams. Finished my last Long Trail Ale last night. Full cases staying cool in the garage!