Quantcast

What Made You Pick Your Avatar?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I've had a few, but the current one (minus the santa hat) is because I'm a dirty hippie and like to dance at shows. If RM would allow, mine's actually a .gif and Hobbs is normally dancing around. file size is too big for here I guess...

EDIT: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: It appears a little Christmas miracle has occured!!!! Rock on!!!! ;)

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Because Muhamad Ali is the most outspoken, fearless and politically polarizing athelete of the 20th century, and if Addidas and Disney can commodify his legacy, why can't I?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've had a few, but the current one (minus the santa hat) is because I'm a dirty hippie and like to dance at shows. If RM would allow, mine's actually a .gif and Hobbs is normally dancing around. file size is too big for here I guess...

EDIT: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: It appears a little Christmas miracle has occured!!!! Rock on!!!! ;)

Dancing Hobbes kicks ass.

Pissing Calvins piss me off. Not only are they lame but they are one of the reasons Calvin and Hobbes died. Sorry, had to rant.

psychobiker

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
charlotte nc
ok...i find it funny how various people's avatars portrays a persona...whether it IS representative of that person or not...

so what made you pick you're avatar and does it represent your persona?

I'll start...

i like the way japanese anime looks (they definitely have a sex appeal to them) and i love photography so i intentionally looked for an anime chick with a camera. my non-christmas one was found complete...but the christmas one i had to photoshop a couple of images together.
me ,because the one i wanted to put up hasnt happened yet:cupidarrow: :brows: :rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
mine was inspired by H8R's choice, a few avatars ago.

i should see if i've still got the longtime HST avy kicking around anywhere and reinstate it.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I chose mine because it's a monkey, and it was on the back of a shirt I got in Costa Rica.

I also think that his expression is what I look like the first time I do a big stunt or gnarly trail.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
...because it's Tigg, one of my best buddies Chris and me with the tire around my head on the Plattekill podium! June '05: life did not get any better at that point - in fact, it got worse soon after!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ive had quite a few... my current one is a monkey flipping you off and making the googley eye right when you least expect it (currently there is a santa hat over his hand, but he is still flipping you off). ANyway, he represents the opression of the people by the man... I was trying to harness the frustration that most people have while at work. Like monkeys in a cage we all are, and all we want to do is express ourselves by flinging poo or stealing some poor wonams purse... this monkey, for a brief moment, takes his freedom by the horns and says F*** YOU, I see what you are doing!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ive had quite a few... my current one is a monkey flipping you off and making the googley eye right when you least expect it (currently there is a santa hat over his hand, but he is still flipping you off). ANyway, he represents the opression of the people by the man... I was trying to harness the frustration that most people have while at work. Like monkeys in a cage we all are, and all we want to do is express ourselves by flinging poo or stealing some poor wonams purse... this monkey, for a brief moment, takes his freedom by the horns and says F*** YOU, I see what you are doing!
That sounds like Knuckleslammer resonse!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
<----- Mine is all in the spirit of Christmas with a nazi.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BWAAHHHAHA

Apparently I am not the only one who thinks so...a google search for Palpatine turned up: