Quantcast

What no official Mont Sainte Anne WC thread yet?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Kintner went down in finals after trying to get physical with the dutch girl.
What race were you watching? Jill took herself outwith no one very close to her. I am not sure if she tried to pedal to soon out of the corner or what, but her front tire briefly slid out then her rear tire slid out. She did a great job of stepping up into the berm to block the other riders coming down though.

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
John Reynolds(Yeti pod)
John Lawlor(Spesh and SC pods)
Rob and John(Dirt)
Clay Porter
Theo Dilworth

Are all those filmakers making theirs dvd's movies at end of the year?

Any info from the front?
What about Billy Trailmix (Dirt) I heard he was releasing a WC Pit Chit Chat DVD too?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
What race were you watching? Jill took herself outwith no one very close to her. I am not sure if she tried to pedal to soon out of the corner or what, but her front tire briefly slid out then her rear tire slid out. She did a great job of stepping up into the berm to block the other riders coming down though.
I'm aware of where she went down and how. The fact is, she started contact right out of the gate, again (3rd week in a row?). karma can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Big congrats to Jurgen Beneke - my favorite DH rider from back in the day! Beat Palmer! ;)

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Big congrats to Palm, my favorite racer that hasn't trained or rode much that made the final in his first WC in like 10 years. As you can see in the full quali results not many Americans that train daily can make the cut.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Big congrats to Palm, my favorite racer that hasn't trained or rode much that made the final in his first WC in like 10 years. As you can see in the full quali results not many Americans that train daily can make the cut.
There was also some guy that littermag raves about, american guy, 'groz' or something, he was like 130th in quali.

As said, pretty sweet that Palmer qualified after not racing WC's in 10 yrs and only being on a MTB for a month.

I am sure that idiot in here that always talks about Palmers former drug issues will chime in with one of his lame cheap shots, but I for one am proud of the old legend.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
There was also some guy that littermag raves about, american guy, 'groz' or something, he was like 130th in quali.

As said, pretty sweet that Palmer qualified after not racing WC's in 10 yrs and only being on a MTB for a month.

I am sure that idiot in here that always talks about Palmers former drug issues will chime in with one of his lame cheap shots, but I for one am proud of the old legend.
Actually that's "Griz" real name: Sean McClendon (spelling?). He took over a spot after another rider broke his collar bone and jacked up his wrist at the US Open.

I was away this weekend out on the mountain, but from what I heard Palmer Quali'ed 72nd - which (as has already been pointed out) is pretty amazing considering he's been away from DH for 10 years. 12th at Nationals isn't anything to sneeze at either. I know and have ridden with some of the guys he went up against and they are SUPER fast.

So - (EDIT - Nevermind... :bonk: )

BTW - Congrats to GWIN!!! USA on the podium for a change. :D

Last edited:

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland

what Palmer did was incredible. I know guys who train their asses off to just try and qualify for a world cup, and they are half Palmers age, and spend way more time on their bikes than he does. So a big congratulations to him. I hope that I am even a fifth as fast as he is when I am 40!!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
what Palmer did was incredible. I know guys who train their asses off to just try and qualify for a world cup, and they are half Palmers age, and spend way more time on their bikes than he does. So a big congratulations to him. I hope that I am even a fifth as fast as he is when I am 40!!
Nah, it is all the bike. Those guys should ride Intense and all would be good! ;) :D *kidding*

Seriously, UCI should start a Vet Pro ranking. Like they have an U18. :thumb:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
well said!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Anybody besides me cringe during the whole Palmer/Warner exchange of "I'm sober now. Can't drink anymore." from Palmer and Warner just twisting the knife of "yeah, but that was awesome. we were so wasted. you were so drunk" Not exact quotes, but it sounded painful for Palmer to have to stand there and just be reminded of drinking binges and Warner sounding like the devil whispering in his ear. Just my take. Maybe others heard it in a different light?

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Anybody besides me cringe during the whole Palmer/Warner exchange of "I'm sober now. Can't drink anymore." from Palmer and Warner just twisting the knife of "yeah, but that was awesome. we were so wasted. you were so drunk" Not exact quotes, but it sounded painful for Palmer to have to stand there and just be reminded of drinking binges and Warner sounding like the devil whispering in his ear. Just my take. Maybe others heard it in a different light?
I agree with you, it was quite painful to listen to...
Palmer made a bit of a show of Warner IMO particularly when he spotted Brendan's line through the rock section. Asking him what sort of commentator was he...
Warner was terrible at MSA. :eek:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just watched the replay, that was awesome! Great race for sure!

LOOK AT THE TIME! lol

I can't believe warner is getting paid for his commentating, and he actually admits it.

The UCI camera and production peeps need to get their ducks in a row. Jeebus.

Good on ya Gwinny!

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I agree with you, it was quite painful to listen to...
Palmer made a bit of a show of Warner IMO particularly when he spotted Brendan's line through the rock section. Asking him what sort of commentator was he...
Warner was terrible at MSA. :eek:
it wasnt his finest hour..

the whole commentary just felt awkward, and they barely discussed the riders.

can anyone who was there give some insight into why noone was beating Gins top section time. did it rain or was Gwin just that fast?

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
it would be nice to have the commentators actually commentate on the race instead of reliving old glory days every time. I do feel sorry for the bottom 60 racers who don't even get mentioned, or at best ridiculed. A little info about bike setup, what gear people are running, some history. there has to be someone like barel out there to keep warner in line.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'd rather see Barel riding but his is the best commentator ever.

Does anyone know if there is footage of Blenkinsop's crazy hip boost? I missed it due to freecaster not working.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
can anyone who was there give some insight into why noone was beating Gins top section time. did it rain or was Gwin just that fast?
I was amazed when Gwin went through the section under the lift, def fastest of the riders while I was there. It did threaten to rain and perhaps a few drops fell on course but nothing that would make a difference.

I think I may have been somewhat responsible for Warners performance at this race:D

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I was amazed when Gwin went through the section under the lift, def fastest of the riders while I was there. It did threaten to rain and perhaps a few drops fell on course but nothing that would make a difference.
glad to hear it! it was just a bit of a surprise just how many people he smoked on that top section. i was sneakily hoping hed take the win after gee came down, but 3rd is phenomenal.

I think I may have been somewhat responsible for Warners performance at this race:D
do you work in a liquor store??

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
There are 2 Americans in the top 20 for the overall, so cheers to Duncan as well.

And way to ride Gwinny! I can't wait to see more WC races in the US and US riders doing great at them.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
honestly i think they should keep warner as a commentator
even though he was bad that weekend

still he needs to step up his a game a little
to find the besdt mix between funny bullsh!t and information for the viewers

do you really think you could stand whole race of some commentator just rattling facts he reads from a piece of paper?
that would be boring

and yes fabien barel needs to qualify worse in order to get into that booth and commentate the race :D

Nov 4, 2007
Bay Area
it wasnt his finest hour..

the whole commentary just felt awkward, and they barely discussed the riders.

The thing that's really getting me is Warner saying the same things, race after race, for the same riders. Case in point: how many times do we need to be reminded that Peaty is 35 and has won 17 world cups? Enough already, I get it. Think of some other 'insight' to share.