Quantcast

What, no Transformers thread before the holiday?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe I'm the only one looking forward to it.

So far I have been to Pirates and I took my daughter to Surf's Up for fathers day. But I am looking forward to seeing Transformers at some point tomorrow.

I feel old because I remember when the first movie came out and there was foul language in it. Cartoons that swear, awesome.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I'll rent it on DVD eventually.

Sorry - but the marketing machines work overtime in hollywood and it's been a LONG time since I saw a movie that has lived up to the hype.

But the sheeple will flock to it this weekend, and probably start buying the toys again too...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'll be in the minority then.

Like Ishtar and the Boodock Saints, it has to be the biggest pile of excrement I have ever seen.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
It was flippin' awesome. I cannot express the joy I felt from watching that movie, though I think in order to enjoy it, you would had to have played with the toys as a kid.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i saw about half of it back in march. Definitely looks like its gonna rock, but as I'm in the middle of a move, going to see movies has fallen to the backburner.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Fun fact: in scenes with multiple robots, it took over 38 hours to render a single frame. [/nerd]

There's something to do with 280 terabytes of data being used. It's likely that that number is for the entire movie, though I know I read something about Bumblebee's transforming sequence.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
cool info ^

Just saw it... a whole 'nother level of awesome.

Not only were the special effects insane, but the story, acting, flow, everything was solid. The military scenes and dialog seemed as authentic as any I've watched.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
My wife just said, "the only thing that wasn't believable was...

***SPOILER***

...how did Bumble Bee get his voice back at the end of the movie?

How awesome is that? She's like, "yeah, autobots, beleiveable, but his voice? no way" :D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I wondered the same thing about his voice.

I thought that the joking around with the Autobots (Optomus Prime saying, "My bad" when stepping on the flowers in Witwicky's backyard) was a little over done. Otherwise, the special effects and general plot line were very good.

Special effects: 10/10
Plot: 8/10 (going into it with slightly lower than normal expectations)
Cast: 8/10
Non-stop thrills: 2,786/10.

It was awesome. I plan to go see it again, just for kicks.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Seriously, it was awesome.

I never thought I would say this:
I wish they would have done a little more Matrix slow mo action.

I understand they were able to hide a lot of the details in the speed without making it look cheesy, but the scene with Bonecrusher on the freeway was so damn COOL!

Starscream and Blackout were worth the price of admission alone.

<edit> This was also a nice addition:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

I understand they were able to hide a lot of the details in the speed without making it look cheesy, but the scene with Bonecrusher on the freeway was so damn COOL!
Agreed on all accounds.

Bonecrusher rollerblading was awesome.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will be seeing it again this weekend when a friend is visiting. I paid $21.50 for 3 adults and 1 kid for the 2:00, I felt like I should have given then another $20 when it was over.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I will be seeing it again this weekend when a friend is visiting. I paid $21.50 for 3 adults and 1 kid for the 2:00, I felt like I should have given then another $20 when it was over.
$22 for four people? Where the hell do you live?

We went to a matinee showing and it was $16 for two.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I paid $22 for me and my g/f, because we saw it at 10:30pm on opening day, plus I bought my tickets on Fandango to make sure we'd get them!

I = got ripped off!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
$22 for four people? Where the hell do you live?

We went to a matinee showing and it was $16 for two.
My bad, it was $23.25 (I just looked at my receipt). $6 per adult, $5.25 for child.

http://www.actvtheaters.com

Both "Big Screens" there are showing it, but even the smaller screens are nice because they redid the theater last year and added the "Stadium Seating with High-Back Rocking Love Seats" (per the website).

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Man - cheap tickets! We took the day off up here (since I still work for mericans) - it was $21 for two of us for a noon start time.

Whatever though...it was so fun and awesome! I wasn't allowed to watch transformers as a kid, so I've been getting 'schooled' the past week on the history of the autobots. :thumb:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I do have to say, the advertising throughout the movie did get a little annoying.
Am I the only one who found it interesting that ALL the autobots we GM and the one decepticon car was a F@rd?

I'm not a Mustang fan by any means, but that cop car looked sweet. "To punish and enslave."

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
Seriously, it was awesome.

Agreed, that looked amazing. The rest of the action sequences looked like they chopped up some soda cans and filmed someon shaking them vigorously.

Overall though, it was good I suppose. Though I have to say Die Hard 4 was badass, blew transformers out of the water IMHO :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dude, if it changed into a huge robot that killed stuff, you'd understand.

Nicely done, though. :thumb:
Never seen one turn into a robot but I have seen them power robots. I have seen one transform into a molten pile of metal, that was pretty cool. Never saw one kill but I've witnessed a few send folks to the hospital, 640 volts hurt.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Never seen one turn into a robot but I have seen them power robots. I have seen one transform into a molten pile of metal, that was pretty cool. Never saw one kill but I've witnessed a few send folks to the hospital, 640 volts hurt.
Remember kids: Volts hurt, amps kill!

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Dug the movie, the effects were cool, but I had a few bones to pick as well. I hated the fact that there was a big buildup to megatron, but then he was only in it for about 3 mins, would have loved to see some more starscream as well.

The thing that really bothered me was that I felt like I sat through a 2hr 30 min GM commercial.