Quantcast

What the christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

Chimp
Dec 9, 2007
For one, I don't think the intention of this program is to "shove Jesus down our throats." but rather is there for people who already have a commitment to religion, and want to go on their own.
Also, why go after JD? All he did was post a link on his site for people who might be interisted. Not everything on there applies directly to me, but I don't hold it against him for posting it.
I'm not religous at all, and it is highly unlikely that I will attend the ceremony, so it's not like I took direct offense, but still think that your post was offensive, and useless.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
For one, I don't think the intention of this program is to "shove Jesus down our throats." but rather is there for people who already have a commitment to religion, and want to go on their own.
Also, why go after JD? All he did was post a link on his site for people who might be interisted. Not everything on there applies directly to me, but I don't hold it against him for posting it.
I'm not religous at all, and it is highly unlikely that I will attend the ceremony, so it's not like I took direct offense, but still think that your post was offensive, and useless.
'Go after'...shut your hole, I am just bustin JDD's balls, he is a friend of mine, I would expect some ball busting too.
So call me offensive, not the first time, I will live. If you are policing 'useless' posts too while you are at, you had better get cracking because there is a huge ratio of uselessness here, so get to work.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Not really related to this post, but due to your offensive comment, I have to reply.

I find being bombarded with religion everyday offensive. I find it especially offensive that due to this they refuse to teach proper sex education in some schools in the US and try to confuse science with nonsense in others.

Now can it with the politically correct nonsense. People have opinions, they will express them. That is what a message board is for. If you can't handle it, get back in your bubble.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think it's brilliant. I'm not really religious - I've only been to church three times in my life, two of those reasons because my girlfriend's mom likes to go for easter, and I'm the last person to want any sort of faith forced on me. However, I don't really see this as something forced, just like no one forces you to go to the yeti tent at the races.

Here's a pastor or priest or whatever they're called, who's into DH and sees an opertunity to basically go to every race he can while doing his "job". You guys can't tell me that if you could afford to go to every national, and have it funded by someone other than you, that you wouldn't take that opertunity in a heartbeat.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not really related to this post, but due to your offensive comment, I have to reply.

I find being bombarded with religion everyday offensive. I find it especially offensive that due to this they refuse to teach proper sex education in some schools in the US and try to confuse science with nonsense in others.

Now can it with the politically correct nonsense. People have opinions, they will express them. That is what a message board is for. If you can't handle it, get back in your bubble.
You guys have a canadian congregation yet?

You need to all stay in one tent and quit shoving your molson poop down my throat.

"eh this, eh that, universal health care, comb my mullet, blah blah blah" If you could all just get together and stay out of the way that would be nice mmkay? Or else I'm going to shoot you with my m-16 that shoots eagles instead of bullets. Eagles that represent freedom.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
and I quote.... "The Mission - To spread this message to our generation through action sports: " try again....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

You need to all stay in one tent and quit shoving your molson poop down my throat.

"eh this, eh that, universal health care, comb my mullet, blah blah blah" If you could all just get together and stay out of the way that would be nice mmkay? Or else I'm going to shoot you with my m-16 that shoots eagles instead of bullets. Eagles that represent freedom.
dammit must spread rep!

ArthurDH

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Italy
might be an april fool but i wouldn't be surprised at all if it was true... where i live there are fanatics running about everywhere

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC

kidwoo = colbert? hmmmmmm

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Cuz that's what God wants us to do...drop 6 large on a bicycle and then toss ourselves off cliffs and down mountains. WTF?

This is like when those stupid meatheads with no necks say their "prayer" before a game...

"Our Lord in heaven, give us the strength to rip the bowels out of these bastards, shove them down their throats and cause so much pain their children will feel it! WE SHALL PREVAIL!!!!!! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Let's play some football!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I used to find Jesus everyday when I worked at the local Lowes, he was the manager of the plumbing department.

People can believe what ever they want just do not push your beliefs on me. Out of respect I will do the same to you.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
personally i'm always stoked when somebody starts yelling at me to inform me i'm going to hell and need to convert asap. i'd go to hell otherwise. Say what you will, but they're saving your soul.

i've been told i need to start putting in winking smilies when i say stuff like that, but i'm going to stand firm.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Who wants to go to heaven anyway? They don't allow sodomy and it's apparently not very warm there. Ever watch TV? Everytime some croaks the last thing they say is "Oooooh...I'm sooooo cold..... bleh..."

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've seen this on the East Coast where at the top of the course when its mandatory that everyone be there they decide to throw an impromptu prayer fest. It sucks for those who dislike organized religion.

I've always seen faith as a personal issue. If Jeebus, Allah, or Alan Forbes are that great, they don't need advertising, the message will find you when its your time. I get that the great masses have it about as together as Spitzer at Hooker-Con 2008, but if your lord and master is that wonderful, I'm sure he'll worm is way into someone's heart eventually.

You know, like death bed recantments.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I believe in God, I'm just not a fan of organized religion.

Too many sheeple trying to tell me what to do & how to behave.

Question:

Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
and I quote.... "The Mission - To spread this message to our generation through action sports: " try again....
i'm gonna put a crucifix on my handlebars. for as often as i say "jesus christ" and "oh god" while riding, it should count for some church time. of course, with my crash record, it wont be long until it is a crucibroken.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
i'm gonna put a crucifix on my handlebars. for as often as i say "jesus christ" and "oh god" while riding, it should count for some church time. of course, with my crash record, it wont be long until it is a crucibroken.
I'm going to put a swear jar on my handlebars. For as many times as I've said "Oh sh*t!" or "Faawwwk!!" on a ride I'd have a new car!:imstupid:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
I've seen this on the East Coast where at the top of the course when its mandatory that everyone be there they decide to throw an impromptu prayer fest. It sucks for those who dislike organized religion.
I've dealt with it at moto races when I was younger, usually right around the time when everyone is done paying homage to our nations war song&#8230; it&#8216;s crap if you ask me.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have never understood the need to convert folks.

Maybe to balance things out I should do an upside down cross on my helmet, or always request plate 666, or just rock Slayer in the parking lot at top volume.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have never understood the need to convert folks.

Maybe to balance things out I should do an upside down cross on my helmet, or always request plate 666, or just rock Slayer in the parking lot at top volume.
Antagonizing them and going out of your way to insult them is just as lame as doing what they are doing you know...

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
The opiate of the masses....ugh
Wrong: TV is the opiate of the masses.

The problem here is that a few well publicized religious fanatics ruin it for everyone else. You can criticize organized religion all you like, but until you read the Bible and discern for yourself the true messages contained therein, you're running on pure conjecture. Decide for yourself. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Jesus would be ashamed of most organized religious organizations for perpetuating an agenda that has much more to do with financial gain and passing judgment on homosexuals than anything else.

Jesus was b.a. End of story. But if popular culture tells you otherwise feel free to believe what you like.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Antagonizing them and going out of your way to insult them is just as lame as doing what they are doing you know...
I was incarcerated in Christian school for 10 years.

Payback is in order as far as I'm concerned.

Again I reiterate, I have no beef with God, but his PR team are some f*cked up, hypocritical, judgemental, self richeous, a$$holes.

They also don't like Slayer, that's 2 strikes right there....

Status
Not open for further replies.