Quantcast

what the hell is wrong with america:two steps forward, one step back

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so i am off work today and chillin out, cleaning, surfing ridemonkey things of that nature. I ahve the tv on in the background and i had to turn it off becuase it is pissing me off so bad.
I have seen an increasing number of disposable cleaning products advertised and it is killing me. Disposable mop things (swiffer), paper towels that you can use to wash dishes then throw away, toilet brushes that you flush down the toilet.........
it is seriously begining to piss me off. I was kinda hoping that maybe America would have a great shift in pardigm to become more ecofriendly, guess not.

does anyone know how to start a revolution?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My mom bought a swiffer wet mop. She washes and re-uses the disposable pads.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
biggins said:
so i am off work today and chillin out, cleaning, surfing ridemonkey things of that nature. I ahve the tv on in the background and i had to turn it off becuase it is pissing me off so bad.
I have seen an increasing number of disposable cleaning products advertised and it is killing me. Disposable mop things (swiffer), paper towels that you can use to wash dishes then throw away, toilet brushes that you flush down the toilet.........
it is seriously begining to piss me off. I was kinda hoping that maybe America would have a great shift in pardigm to become more ecofriendly, guess not.
I gave this exact rant to my wife the other night after seeing one too many commercials. She laughs at my "bag of rags."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
I gave this exact rant to my wife the other night after seeing one too many commercials. She laughs at my "bag of rags."
all the rags I ever got in a "Bag O' rags" sucked! They were like fleece or something sucky like that.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
all the rags I ever got in a "Bag O' rags" sucked! They were like fleece or something sucky like that.
Naaah, mine are old t-shirts and dish cloths and the like. To raggedy to wear or use for dishes, but perfect for cleaning/dusting/bike work.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh girlie said:
Do you know how many germs are harbored in a mop or a toilet brush?
who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont they already make a million friggin house cleaners that kill all the germs? do ya honestly think that the germs magically go away when your almighty swiffer touches the golden disease free floor of you kitchen?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
I was kinda hoping that maybe America would have a great shift in pardigm to become more ecofriendly, guess not.

Welcome to the age where people think that scientists showing proof of global warming is just part of a liberal agenda/conspiracy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Naaah, mine are old t-shirts and dish cloths and the like. To raggedy to wear or use for dishes, but perfect for cleaning/dusting/bike work.
oh yeah I got one of them too....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
When was the last time you heard of someone getting sick from licking their toilet brush or mop? There may be tons of bacteria growing on household items but 99.9% are harmless to humans.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn man i wish people would just wake up and realize that we DO NOT LIVE ON A DISPOSABLE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
biggins said:
who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont they already make a million friggin house cleaners that kill all the germs? do ya honestly think that the germs magically go away when your almighty swiffer touches the golden disease free floor of you kitchen?
I dunno...I've never used a swiffer...I just have three different mop heads that detach from the ONE mop that I have and throw them into the washing machine along with all the sponges I use to clean with...get this...BIODEGRADABLE WHITE VINEGAR...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh girlie said:
I dunno...I've never used a swiffer...I just have three different mop heads that detach from the ONE mop that I have and throw them into the washing machine along with all the sponges I use to clean with...get this...BIODEGRADABLE WHITE VINEGAR...
thank you for being eco-friendly, especially with the vinegar thing. i was not necessarily attacking you DHG, i am just really fuming over this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
I dunno...I never really knew anyone who would admit to doing such a thing...
Well hopefully they died. Just look at dirty toilet brushes as the last bastion of natural selection in modern America.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
biggins said:
1) Get some guns... lot's of guns.
2) Get a good slogan. People need a slogan to get behind.
3) You'll need a black beret. No revolutionary outfit is complete without one. (You may trade up to a military style cap if your coup is successful)
4) Find a mistress. After your assasination you'll need someone to tell your tearful story of how you were really a deep loving revolutionary.
5) Start calling everyone "infidel". They're all evil capitalist dogs!
6) Start calling me El General, and send me all your money. I shall set you free from the oppressor.

Yes you too can be a successful revolutionary!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dh girlie said:
Do you know what happens when you eliminate all germs from your environment? Your body forgets how to protect itself against them.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Silver said:
You want bacteria?

Kitchen sponges. Those things are ****ing germ condos...
they may be, but dont you use a disinfecting cleaner when you clean your kitchen? i wash my dishes with a wash cloth not a spong that way i can wash the washcloth and use it again.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Your house must smell so good!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Do you know what happens when you eliminate all germs from your environment? Your body forgets how to protect itself against them.
Do you use Pizza boxes stacked up for a coffee table?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Echo said:
kinda like people going to the doctor and getting antibiotics for a cold. we are creating a country full of people with no friggin immune system. That topic will be saved for another thread however.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I get annoyed when I walk into the mens room and see paper towels wrapped around the urinal flusher, the faucet knobs, and the door handle. WTF?? People think this is going to prevent them from catching germs? Damn germophobes.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Here are some of my favorites:

Why is toothpaste, which comes in a self containing tube, sold in another box?

Why are such meals in a bag, like Zataran's, come in a bag inside a BOX?

Almost every car on the planet uses about 5 quarts of oil, why do they continue to sell indivdual quart containers? Why not offer the 5 quart jug more often?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
biggins said:
thank you for being eco-friendly, especially with the vinegar thing. i was not necessarily attacking you DHG, i am just really fuming over this.

I didn't think you were attacking me...I was trying to provoke someone...anyone...hahaha! But I really do have the three washable mop heads (one for kitchen, one for bathrooms, one for hardwood floors) and I do mop and clean with white vinegar and I do wash the cleaning items with white vinegar. My mother is so proud!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I get annoyed when I walk into the mens room and see paper towels wrapped around the urinal flusher, the faucet knobs, and the door handle. WTF?? People think this is going to prevent them from catching germs? Damn germophobes.
it's like draining the grease off a slice of pizza.

Funny thing is they're the same people the think bringing their dumba$$ dog to the mall or a resturant and think it's ok.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh girlie said:
I didn't think you were attacking me...I was trying to provoke someone...anyone...hahaha! But I really do have the three washable mop heads (one for kitchen, one for bathrooms, one for hardwood floors) and I do mop and clean with white vinegar and I do wash the cleaning items with white vinegar. My mother is so proud!
i heart DHG

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Exactly why I live in filth, I just stun germs with beer.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
Your house must smell so good!

The vinegar smell goes away when everything dries...there is NOTHING on the face of this planet that will clean my stainless steel appliances like white vinegar. Leaves it virtually streak free, cuts grease and dirt...also cuts soap residue...white vinegar rocks. And every hardwood floor company recommends using 1/4 cup white vinegar to a gallon of hot water for cleaning your hardwood floors...I shoulda stayed home sick today to clean my hizzay!

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
haha my mom washes and reuses everything. Much like many asian households, my mom's fridge and cupboards are riddled with empty tubs of margarine. Why buy tupperware when you have perfectly fine empty tubs of margarine you can fill with leftovers and crap?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
The vinegar smell goes away when everything dries...there is NOTHING on the face of this planet that will clean my stainless steel appliances like white vinegar. Leaves it virtually streak free, cuts grease and dirt...also cuts soap residue...white vinegar rocks. And every hardwood floor company recommends using 1/4 cup white vinegar to a gallon of hot water for cleaning your hardwood floors...I shoulda stayed home sick today to clean my hizzay!
Actually if I were to clean that way the sulfer water in my apt would far over power the vinager smell.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
profro said:
Here are some of my favorites:

Why is toothpaste, which comes in a self containing tube, sold in another box?
things like that bug the crap outta me. another is how when people are shopping, they need a bag for everything. i was at a clothing store last week and a woman was buying a handbag, and she had the cashier put it in a plastic bag for her. i stopped at the gas station on my way home, and when i went inside the pay, the woman in front of me was buying a gallon of milk and a snickers. she asked for a bag to put it in. i almost slapped her. the freakin' jug has a handle you dumb sh!t!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
Actually if I were to clean that way the sulfer water in my apt would far over power the vinager smell.

Seriously, though...you dilute it and then once things dry off, (most of the stuff I dry with a towel, but not the floors) you cannot smell it...and you get none of the Mr. Clean smell...just no smell at all...which is nice...who wants to smell Mr. Clean Spring scent while you sleep?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
biggins said:
they may be, but dont you use a disinfecting cleaner when you clean your kitchen? i wash my dishes with a wash cloth not a spong that way i can wash the washcloth and use it again.
Bleach, baby. 2tsp to 20oz of water, in a spray bottle. No nasty overly perfumed smell that way, and it's really really cheap.

I use brushes to wash dishes, not sponges. The brushes get tossed in the dishwasher when I run it.