Quantcast

What was the first Albumn you ever owned????

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I can't remember what it was called, but it that show the dinosaurs or whatever. u know, it was a kids show and had that one baby who would always say "knock the momma"

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
First album I ever owned: Elton John - Greatist Hits Vol. 1

First album I ever bought with my own money: Egyptian Lover - Egypt, Egypt. And Curtis Blow - Basketball. Bought them both at the same time, both on vinyl.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Beatles Revolution 45

First tape Van Halen Women and Children First

Coolest free record It's a Gas from Mad Magazine

Stupidest record i loved Buckner and Garcia Pac Man Fever

First album i bought with my own money AC-DC Back in Black

First CD Cult Dreamtime in wood case

Last CD bought U2 How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and i'm pissed i want my money back. :mumble:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The last CD I bought/recieved for X-Mas was Velvet Revolver - Contraband. Dayum, that CD rocks! And it has some weak ass copy protection that was easily bypassed for archival purposes only.

The last vinyl I bought was by The Mercy Seat. I forget the name of the album but the band is basically Gordon Gano of the Violent Femmes and a gospel singer doing gospel songs. Awsome record if you can find it.

And worth a mention is the latest (and ALL other) Flogging Molly CD. Man, it's like the Pogues... with an EDGE. I am going to go see them in March. Highly recommended!

I could go on and on... I love music. :thumb:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
First album I owned: it was by Guns 'n Roses, can't remember which one though. It was a'ight by 80s standards from what I barely remember.

First album I ever bought: DSOTM; still have it 15 yrs later and love every minute of it.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
First vinyl I bought Guns-N-Roses Appetite for Destruction with the original artwork. I think that may be one of three records I purchased.

First cassette was Men at Work or Def Leppard Pyromania. I think it was Men at Work but I am not sure.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
The first record i remember was a John Denver and the Muppets.

The first tape i bought was David Lee Roth, then 2 days later i went out and bought what i consider to be my first real tape... Dead Kennedys. Funny thing, I still have that DK tape after like 18 years, but i dont have the DLR tape. I think i threw it in the tash on my way to get the DK tape.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Either Husker Du "Metal Circus" or the Minutemen "Double Nicklels on the Dime".

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I think the first one I had was Foreigner or Journey. The first I bought with my own money...was either The Cars, or Beastie Boys. I can't remember which one was first. I still have every album I bought though.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I still have all my vinyl and all of my friends collection. They are slowly getting converted to MP3. I had to buy a new needle for my B&O turntable in order to never use it again though. :dead:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sanjuro said:
Here's a story only "urban" fans can appreciate (also the very old):

I was in Tower Records in New York, when there was only 3 or 4 Tower Records in the entire country. I was standing on line to pay for a cassette tape of "The Invisible Touch" by Genesis, a horrendous album by even standards of the day. This song came over the store soundsystem, and I never heard anything like it before. I found a clerk and asked who was it. He told me it was "Eric B. And Rakim". It was a song called Follow The Leader, from the album of the same name.

I immediately put the The Invisible Touch back and got a copy of Follow The Leader. It wasn't the first album I bought, but it was the first rap album and probably the first thing I ever listened to which wasn't Top 40 or Classic Rock.

HAHAHA! you made the right choice!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
first album ( on cassette ) that i remember owning was wham, make it big.
first cd i ever bought on my own was nirvana nevermind
first album on vinyl that i ever bought was nirvana, from the muddy banks of the wishgah (sp?) followed by the breakfast club soundtrack and the knack. i didnt even have a turntable, i just bought them for when i got one. when i got one, i didnt like nirvana, the knack, or the breakfast club soundtrack anymore.