Quantcast

what was your first car?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
1st car was a family hand me down

1980 Datsun 210 2door sedan Robin Egg Blue 5sp that cleaned up the streats against the VW bugs in my HS....they thought they were hot stuff. :) Anything faster than a VW bug I couldn't touch. :D

Then I got a 1988 FOrd Ranger SC 2WD V-6 5sp for $4,500 as I went off to college. Had that for 7 or so years before getting my 2000 Dodge Dakota.

Rhino

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Im sixteen so my first and current car is my '81 VW rabbit convertible, in the mold green color. It runs pretty well (knock on wood) but the first month i had it it spent more time in the mechanics garage than in mine. My mom bought it brand new in '81 drove it for a while and then had kids, it wasnt driven for 6 years by the time i got it, and i maintain that the only reason my mom didnt sell it was that it was the only reminder of her childless, divorceless life. Other than a few duct tape patches on the roof and various other cosmetic problems its in great shape.

Burnwood

Chimp
Nov 10, 2002
Victoria, BC
biggins said:
1989 honda civic hatchback
Ahhh the wickedness of the Civic hatch...

I'm rocking the 1984 1500S...That's right folks, the S model with the upgraded 1.5L engine :cool: ...It came standard with a moldy funk and interior that is seldom drier than the exterior.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
my first, current, and future ('til I'm dead) vehicle. '89 toyota pick up. It doesn't have a radio, but it does have a nice sounding exhaust leak, and a big dent in front of the driver door that lets wind in, so you get plenty of sounds while driving. The back wheel is up on a little hill sort of thing, so normally theres a decent amount of clearence, not like in the picture. The passenger door is rusting through now, so it might be time to replace it.

Attachments

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
1972 Cadillac de Ville with a 472ci V-8.
A truly sweet vehicle that I bought for $900. It had been parked in this guys yard for 8 years when I bought it, so it looked shyte at first, but it had almost no miles on it. Then I replaced the vinyl top and painted it with a BMW forest metallic green. It looked (and drove) great. The car had a 120mph speedometer and I buried the indicator on a straight stretch of highway in Northern Alberta, until a rock kicked up an punched a hole in the muffler. :eek: Replaced the muffler (there were two on the same exhaust line) witha glas pack and that bumped the power up a bit. Made the car sound cool too. I drove it until it died (i put over 90,000 miles on it) then sold it for $500.
Best car ever, especially on dates. :devil:

Attachments

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
My first car was a 76 Vette...

A Chevette :p 1.6L of American power!

It had a huge dent in the left rear, the tranny slipped pretty bad, the master cylinder died a few times resulting in no brakes, and it pulled hard to the left from that time a parking sign jumped out in front of it. I used to carry around a spare alternator in the trunk just in case I needed it and I'd put a tree stump in the trunk during the winter to put some weight over the wheels.

I got in in high school c92 for free. About $100 of work went into it to get it running. Between 94 and 98 it was my means of transport to/from college and to just about every XC race in New England. It was then handed down to my brother and replaced w/ an 86 K-Car. My brother drove it for a couple months and sold it for like $500.

-ska todd

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm 16, so my first car is my current car. It's a 1994 Buick Century (you know it!) that my family inherited from my grandmother a couple years ago. It isn't technically "mine", but I'm pretty much the only one who drives it.

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
My first ride was a 65 Plymouth Fury. It was a 4 door, 383 V8, it was a boat, but it hauled around a lot of buddies and the backseat was huge for sleeping and any other things u might need a backseat for!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
My first car was a '99 Ranger 4x4. I drove it to death, jumped it and shuttled waaay too many people in it. One of the fondest memories I have of that truck is racing up the back of Snow Summit at 2am on race day!!! My current ride shuttles with ease...2004 F150 Supercrew 4-4 :love:

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
my first car that i will be buying from my dad when i turn 16 in april. it's a dark blue 1999 chevy astro with an alpine stereo system i got for xmas. the only problem is that u have to unlock the front passenger side door manually even though u can unlock all the other doors automatically from that door. oh yeah and its a 4wd and the transfer case is messed up so it shutters like crazy whenever u turn sharp

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
PonySoldier said:
'72 GMC Sprint (Think El Camino) 454 Cowl Induction nothing like a 7 Liter V-8 for fun I know exactly how you feel...
Gotta love it!!! I did several mods to the motor and it pumped out some healthy hp & torque. On good days I think it got a whopping 6 miles to the gallon:thumb: Glad I never really went far, and here in California back then 76 (gas station) still had the good leaded stuff if I remember correctly 101-102 octane. Then again I was able to fill the tank for $15.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
1989 VW Jetta Diesel. Worked fine in the summer time but was a bitch in the winter. Simply would not start if the block heater was not plugged in. Max speed was 130km/h or ?? mph. Anyways, it died one day on my way to Mont Saint-Anne...