Quantcast

What's in your stable at the start of 2008?

BlackHornet

Chimp
Feb 25, 2008
Holy crap guys, yall have a surplus of bad bikes. If any of yall are willing to hook a college kid up then send me a message. Ive always been on something with a motor but I cant really hook a dirtbike up to the bike racks or store it in my dorm. So ya if yall are wanting to get rid of some of yalls rides....hit me up

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
Is that a 24 on the front of you Mountain Cycle? What does that thing weigh out of curiosity it looks lighter than most Ive seen.
You're right, looks funny...No, it's a 26...maybe the angle of the picture.

Right now its confirmed weight is 43.6lbs. with a Deetrak wheelset (2.7 front tire). I just put it on a diet and with a few changes should get to 40lbs or less. :biggrin:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
You're right, looks funny...No, it's a 26...maybe the angle of the picture.

Right now its confirmed weight is 43.6lbs. with a Deetrak wheelset (2.7 front tire). I just put it on a diet and with a few changes should get to 40lbs or less. :biggrin:

JudgeDH...How do you like the Totem on your Judge?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Waiting to get this in the mail:

Hardtail:

My everything else bike. Now has a Gravity Dropper Turbo:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
My HT: Soon to have new crank brothers headset, tubeless nevegals, and an XO shifter.

My Faith....might have a Double barrel soon

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
JudgeDH...How do you like the Totem on your Judge?
Just use it once at it work great but right now it's not returning to full travel.:plthumbsdown:

I'm going to the MegaAvalanche Peru and was planning to test it there but RockShox ask me to send it there and won't be on time ('will use the Fox 40)

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Nice work on the Versus. You don't see too many of those around. I think my only working bikes right now are my Sinister Splinter MX, and NemPro Streetfighter. Thankfully those two account for 90% of the riding I do.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Nice work on the Versus. You don't see too many of those around. I think my only working bikes right now are my Sinister Splinter MX, and NemPro Streetfighter. Thankfully those two account for 90% of the riding I do.
That's why I got it! I'm so tired of seeing all the Transitions showing up around here. Their great bikes and all, but I like to have things that stand out. Everyone around here either has a Bottle Rocket, or a Dirtbag. My friend has a SX Trail and when I let him ride my Versus, he didn't want to trade back.

I just love this Blitz2! It rides amazing! I have this,a 07 Giant STP, and a Kona Hoss Dee-lux, but for trail riding.... the Versus is going to get most of the love now. It just peddles so well, even with 6.7" travel. It's just a blast to ride on the trail. I've got mine down to 40lbs for it being an XL that's not too bad!

It even climbs well with a 170mm 66, but you do have to weight the front down some. I've only got to ride it once, for about 4 hours since I got it due to weather and it's killing me! Damn I wish this winter would end!!!!!! It just rained, and snowed again this morning.:disgust1: Looks like another road trip is in order soon!:rockout::rockout:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
yep! but mine weigh's 44lbs and i just added pink cable hosing and pedals and white grips
Depending on my tire choices... Mine's either 40lbs w/ 2.3 Specialized Eskar Armadillo Elite Tire s, Or 42lbs with 2.35 Intense (Fro) Dh Comp tires, Or 44.5lbs with the Intense Dh Fro World Cup 2.5" tires. Both heavier weights are with DH thick tubes, and the 40lbs is with single ply tubes, and 750 gram tires. Those damn Intense tires are super heavy, but I've never had a flat with them!

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
When you ride a blitz, especially mine, it is more of and underdog than small. It rides so well and looks small but when you get on one it will change the way you think about a bike's handling. It really feels like you are on a rail with the lateral stiffness and sucks up anything thrown at it. Sometime it scares the hell out of me. You can ask anyone who owns one or check out the reviews at mtbr.com. I stated the only weakness of this bike is the fact that everyone that sees my bike wants to ride it; it's easier to keep dudes away from my girlfriend than my Blitz.

check it out
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Freeride_Full_Suspension/product_127001.shtml

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
man, i really like the white frame of yours.
That makes 2 of us! The black looks good also... but from the picks, they almost look blue. When I bought it I didn't even care what color it was, as long as they had one that fit me. When it came in, I was happy as pie!:brows:
Just what he said....

There is no trail. this thing is glued to a track, and the faster you push it, the more stable it gets. I started blazing down the trail without using my brakes till I had to stop!It's like nothing I've ever ridden for sure! Just can't be compared to a Kona Stinky. It just wouldn't be fair to the Stinky! Saying this because I had a Stinky, and their is no way the come close to riding the same!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

66ATA and DHX 5.0 Air combo, Hadley/Hope wheel setup, SRAM/Shimano mix drivetrain, Avid brakes, Gravity Dropper post, King headset, Thomson stem, Sunline bar.

Bought as a complete bike just to get the frame, then swapped parts over from my old frame. Size/fit/geometry is spoton for what I wanted. Burly trailbike that I can take to the lifts once in a while, but still pedal around on the daily stuff without hurting too much. 34#.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Bike's looking good Scrub. The gold on tan looks better than I would have guessed.

Have you measured that stinger for me yet? ;)

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Bike's looking good Scrub. The gold on tan looks better than I would have guessed.

Have you measured that stinger for me yet? ;)
ahem. nah, i'm stuck with work for a few nights. i'll see if i can't get around to that tomorrow.

it felt really, really good yesterday. still getting the suspension dialed in though. nice and flickable, just like i like it.

also swapping the pike on the hardtail for a lyrik solo air, to really get it the way i want as well. considering i still ride it most of the time, it makes more sense to really get it how i want it.

after that, a household moratorium on new bike crap has been decreed upon me.