Quantcast

What's tougher, Golf or Cycling?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I can understand your feelings on that.

The PGA Tour gives more money to charities per year than any other sports organization. 1.4 billion since 1938. Over 2,000 charities are recipients of that money. Although the economic crunch has seen a drop in donations of about 14% over the course of 2009, the Tour still gave a respectable 124 million last year alone.
They might give up some $$$, although I wonder what percentage of their revenues are donated. It might be small.

However, ever wonder about the cost of golf? When you see a course in Arizona or Nevada, how did they get the water for luscious greens? Or a private club that has a certain membership which doesn't seem to include minorities?

Biking is not exclusive unless you can't ride or you whine.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You know, no one is required to give to charities or the less fortunate. Finding issue with those who do no matter how much or little you give is a really chicken sh1t thing to do. At least they are giving. How much and why doesn't really matter. Would you rather they not give anything at all?
You know not what you speak.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
They might give up some $$$, although I wonder what percentage of their revenues are donated. It might be small.

However, ever wonder about the cost of golf? When you see a course in Arizona or Nevada, how did they get the water for luscious greens? Or a private club that has a certain membership which doesn't seem to include minorities?

Biking is not exclusive unless you can't ride or you whine.
I dunno....I'll let you guys hash that out. I'm just here to drop the factual numbers.

Good Luck!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Bethpage (where the open was) has some OK mtb trails in the state park right that abuts the greens - you could alternate - hit some balz then do a little DJ in the 'Brickyard' at BPSP!

Why choose???

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I thnk it is golf and I do not care how someone puts...... For me golf is about cigars, whiskey, and sliding cards in the wet grass.... and of course losing at least a half dozen golf balls each time out.....