Quantcast

What's your next bike?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
zod said:
2001 Bitch (frame) -- never used
She's gonna be my urban bitch! In the process of being built........about 90% done. Just waiting on cranks and headset to arrive in the mail :drool:

Where did you find it? I want one...although the seat tube lackage has me worried. I :heart: KHS. :thumb:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Chameleon frame is on order as are holzfellers and a vanilla RLC, other parts will be transfered from the Tazer.

As soon as the DH bike sell the V10 will go on order.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i have more bikes than time at this point, and i'm pretty happy with my stable (canfield f1, klein quantum race, evil imperial, old school fully rigid xc decked out in '96 xtr/chris king). what i do need is a few rebuilt wheels...

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I'd like to replace the SGS with either a full on DH bike or a 4x type bike that would double as my shuttle bike. I don't have any money so neither is really a serious desire at the moment. Now that I have a nice burly hardtail, the SGS seems almost annoyingly in-between, I would rather it either be light and fast, or more travel/stiffness. I probably won't buy a new bike for awhile though. I just got the cortina a couple months ago.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
A white Surly 1x1 with matching rigid fork. Not sure of the build. Simple and light. Probably Truvativ cranks/bb. Easton cockpit and post. I want to try and find some of the old XTR V's front and rear. Wheels? I have no clue, something light and singlespeed.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
xbluethunderx said:
Where did you find it? I want one...although the seat tube lackage has me worried. I :heart: KHS. :thumb:
I found it on Ebay, a bike shop was selling it on there and nobody bid on it so I got it last second for $200 shipped... :dancing: :drool:
You can actually get plenty of seat height so it's not an issue, the picture is deceiving.

I :heart: KHS also.....my other bike is an FR2000

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
lukeduke said:
if i run a scoop or so of stan's sealant in them, should solve the problem, no? i should have specified that.....
A healthy scoop of Stan's will seal goat-head holes and most other small punctures, just remember that you have to add more every now and then. The stuff dries up after a few months.

Here's my new bike, it should be here this week!

It's getting one of these, also on order

and most likely a set of these

I just sold my big bike and I plan to sell my all-mtn bike and this Enduro should fill the void nicely.

Raffles

Chimp
Dec 6, 2004
New Zealand
I wont be buying a new bike soon, BUT! here are some pics (the first ever!)
of the new ride, I've had it about a month, and loving every minute on it!
:love:
although, there are still a few I lust over.....

:devil:

Attachments

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
No real new bike, but I'm looking to building up my old dean hardtail if I ever get off my ass to sell my Sycip (hint hint, great condition, but doesn't fit me, hint hint)...

ahbrooks

Chimp
Dec 30, 2003
ca/ct
definitely a new mtb is needed to replace the aging rocky mtn H/T. I'm thinking titus motolite, blur, or maybe turner flux? I don't want a strung-out xc whippet but i'd like it not to be a tank, and plus, i'm pretty easy on parts and only about a buck thirty-five. advice? I'm leaning towards the blur at this point, but all are tempting.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I have seen a guy hit a nice 8' skinny ladder drop on a Blur with a TALAS fork. I think it's a capable bike, especially considering your weight.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
zod said:
I found it on Ebay, a bike shop was selling it on there and nobody bid on it so I got it last second for $200 shipped... :dancing: :drool:
You can actually get plenty of seat height so it's not an issue, the picture is deceiving.

I :heart: KHS also.....my other bike is an FR2000
Nooo...I meant no seat tube=less frame strength? Hmm...lots of stuff is going for way cheap on ebay... :D

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
New bike: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Should be here in a week or so......yea right.

"Supposed to ship end of october.....wait no...you'll be getting it middle of december" :nuts:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
My next bike is going to be a Foes FXR, in the new metallic gray with a Talus. It's replacing my XC bike I sold after busting up my hands. And then once I can trail ride again, I'm going to replace my Mono with a Fly. Oh the bike lust! :love: :love: :love:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I really dig that bike but I think the coil is overkill for 90% of stuff and the fork is too slack and heavy. I'd like to get one of those rear shocks though for my new Enduro for trips to Whistler and DH shuttles etc. I figure a quick tire and rear shock change and that bad boy will go from XC to DH like no other!

KleinMp99 said:
New bike: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Should be here in a week or so......yea right.

"Supposed to ship end of october.....wait no...you'll be getting it middle of december" :nuts:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
laura said:
i want to build up a hard tail as soon as i get some extra cash coming in. i am unsure of which one i will be getting but right now i'm looking for a SC chameleon.

Is there a specific reason as to why there is an 8" rotor in the rear and a 6" up front?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
maybe because they think that a single crown fork of that particular style can not handle the stresses associated with an 8 inch rotor

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
no that one though. 30 mil stanchions combined with an 8 inch rotor and the creaky flex of the older model fox rlc and you have an accident waiting to happen. OOOH you could sue them when it broke though and maybe they would close down.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Actually, all Fox are 32mm or larger and they will fix the creaky crowns free within the warranty period. The later 2004's have those decals and are 8" rotor approved. I don't think that is a 2003 bike, but not sure? Maybe that pic was taken in early '04 and they swapped the front rotor last minute to appease Fox based on their suggestion of 6" rotors at that time? Who knows, maybe it really is for skidouts??? ;)

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
xbluethunderx said:
Nooo...I meant no seat tube=less frame strength? Hmm...lots of stuff is going for way cheap on ebay... :D

I got ya.......yea could be an issue but only time will tell. I am mainly going to use it for urban assaults and I am not building it up to be a big drop bike so it won't be taking that much stress. It won't see any drop bigger than 3-4 feet and some DJ time.
Back in the day a pro rider used to ride the Bitch....can't remember who it was now but he'd do some pretty abusive things on it. It's built pretty beefy...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
caboverpete said:
A Jamis Dakar XC Expert.... its actually on order. Its just a waiting game now.
WOW! look at that sh!t... I had one of those back in the 90s and it still hasnt changed. Little thicker tubes, cooler paint job, new shock and its my old bike :)

BTW that bike was really awesome, had plenty of travel for XC and most trailriding, was light as hell, and handled better than any bike I have ever owned on the singletrack... so, its good that it hasnt changed much :thumb:

Here she was:

{edit: oh yeah, as for the next bike... may not be for a long time, AC front triangle would have to break on me first and I dont see that happening for a long while. However If I could have a new bike right now... I think it would be something super duper light yet with some travel to make it just a hair more fun... maybe a Titus SB with a super light build or something}