Quantcast

^^^ When's day ^^^

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
All ready to ride and thunderstorm with reported quarter sized hail starts outside...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Another example of why 2020 can fuck right off...my closest favorite 1000 foot road climb, no traffic and perfect pavement right here in town, is gravel now. It is an amazing climb, and I had some top ten descents, are all a wee bit terrifying at 30. Lots of turns, 12% grades, now pea gravel. Glad I was on a gravel bike!
[/SPOILEDBRAT.5WORLDPROBLEMS]

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Made an appointment with the vet to put down our doggo, the cancer is just kicking her ass. Last week we thought maybe we’d get a couple more months, today we’re not sure we can wait for the vet appointment on Saturday. Pretty sure it’s spread to her left front leg, shits swollen and she won’t put weight on it. We’ve had her 9 years and she’s never once peed in the house, until yesterday, but she just can’t move well enough to get outside when she needs to anymore. It’s time, but still fucking me all up, if anybody needs me I’ll be drinking whisky with my pup until Saturday

:(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Made an appointment with the vet to put down our doggo, the cancer is just kicking her ass. Last week we thought maybe we’d get a couple more months, today we’re not sure we can wait for the vet appointment on Saturday. Pretty sure it’s spread to her left front leg, shits swollen and she won’t put weight on it. We’ve had her 9 years and she’s never once peed in the house, until yesterday, but she just can’t move well enough to get outside when she needs to anymore. It’s time, but still fucking me all up, if anybody needs me I’ll be drinking whisky with my pup until Saturday

hang in there man. it's hard to walk that road with a furry friend.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Dislike.

Sorry dude.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
On a semi related note;

Spent about an hour chasing/following this little girl around after my daughter and I spotted her running down the greenway, dragging a leash. No one on the trail but us. Took her to my vet, they scanned her, not chipped, but definitely something wrong with her eyes. Seems not too far out of puppy hood. Guess I have to take her to the humane society tomorrow unless my nextdoor or craigslists posts turn up an owner. I really hate to do that, but micro-dog took an immediate dislike, so I don't think we can keep her, and even if we could, I don't think there is room in this house for a 3rd.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Another example of why 2020 can fuck right off...
Have a similar feeling right now. My local farmer/forest worker hardware store just closed. It was one of those old-fashioned stores that had some characters working there. They remembered you although I was by no means a high-volume customer (bought mainly chainsaw/ -spares and accessories there), had spares in stock and always helped me out in a pitch. Their prices were a little higher than other stores (or the internet) but it was a store well worth supporting. Dammit!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

So sorry to hear that. :( Can the leg issue be something different from the cancer?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So sorry to hear that. :( Can the leg issue be something different from the cancer?
I kinda doubt it, even if it were it doesn’t really matter at this point. Got chest X-rays a few weeks ago and her lungs are totally ravaged, more tumor than lung tissue, so much so that they’ve pushed her other internal organs out of place. She developed a limp 10-12 days ago, called the vet and he said just rest it, nothing he could really recommend doing to a 14 year old dog with extremely advanced cancer. Figured it was a sprain since she’d been having a little trouble getting around anyway, and if it were cancer her whole leg would be swollen, now she won’t put any weight on it and her whole leg inflated like a balloon. Just wild how quickly things went south for her, she’s 14 and has only ever been sick once, zero other medical issues ever. Father’s Day she went on a morning hike and a good long afternoon walk, then here we are a bit over a month later and she hasn’t been more that 10’ from her bed all day and even that took all the energy she had. The only thing I can get her to eat is tiny nibbles of sous vide cooked King salmon, going out with her monocle securely in place...

Fuckin dogs man, wish they weren’t so awesome.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I kinda doubt it, even if it were it doesn’t really matter at this point. Got chest X-rays a few weeks ago and her lungs are totally ravaged, more tumor than lung tissue, so much so that they’ve pushed her other internal organs out of place. She developed a limp 10-12 days ago, called the vet and he said just rest it, nothing he could really recommend doing to a 14 year old dog with extremely advanced cancer. Figured it was a sprain since she’d been having a little trouble getting around anyway, and if it were cancer her whole leg would be swollen, now she won’t put any weight on it and her whole leg inflated like a balloon. Just wild how quickly things went south for her, she’s 14 and has only ever been sick once, zero other medical issues ever. Father’s Day she went on a morning hike and a good long afternoon walk, then here we are a bit over a month later and she hasn’t been more that 10’ from her bed all day and even that took all the energy she had. The only thing I can get her to eat is tiny nibbles of sous vide cooked King salmon, going out with her monocle securely in place...

Fuckin dogs man, wish they weren’t so awesome.
14 is a proud old age for a dog. We've lost two in a row to cancer at age 11. Something must've gotten in my eyes while reading your post...